• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1129 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Publicus said:
EDIT#2: I'd say he's managed to get his weight down since the Giro....

CI6ILeZWIAAhbz8.jpg:large

WOW! (On so many levels :cool: )

PS: The kit is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Stop hyping Contadpr so much! He is better than at the Giro. He is leaner than at the Giro. He has said he is better than at the Giro!

Ffs! In my tour poule I left Alberto out, because of limited budget and chose Quintana, Nibali and Froome(same cost) since I really doubted he would be good enough for the Tour.

So many doubt I have now :)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Kwibus said:
Stop hyping Contadpr so much! He is better than at the Giro. He is leaner than at the Giro. He has said he is better than at the Giro!

Ffs! In my tour poule I left Alberto out, because of limited budget and chose Quintana, Nibali and Froome(same cost) since I really doubted he would be good enough for the Tour.

You'll have even more doubt when he wins on the mur.

Miburo said:
Kwibus said:

You'll have even more doubt when he wins on the mur.

Nope. If he wins on the Mur I will have absolutely no doubt anymore. Then I know he is good.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
If he actually wins with some gap to the other Big 4, and it's not completely unthinkable because he got outsprinted by Evans in 2008, it would be a very emphatic statement. That would make him the favourite, unless he's already lost too much time.

But he certainly won't win by outkicking Valverde. Contador winning at the Mur would require an earlier attack, but not too early like in 2008 (iirc, Evans came around him in the end for that reason, timing is key at the Mur)

Summary of the press-conference:

"What worries me the most, because it is totally new, is how my body will recover from those efforts," Contador said in a packed press conference on Thursday. "The Tour route, in terms of its mountains, is the hardest of all the Tours I've done and in the first nine days, there are six stages which are going to be really tough. So staying consistent will be the key."

"If had to decide between the feelings I had before last year's Tour " - when Contador said he had best feelings ever prior to a Grand Tour - "and this year I'd choose last year. [Last year] I had prepared for the Tour very well and last year I was not so worried about fatigue and how I would recover.

"I have more doubts than last year. My objective is to win the Tour but I am aware that it is very difficult"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-i-felt-better-at-the-2014-tour-de-france-start

Well if the difference between now and last year is a worry on how the body will recover on a day to day basis, is something i can live with. :cool:

Well I just saw TCS at the Team Presentation and the man looks lean and mean. Spoke in English, basically said it will be difficult. Majka and Sagan right on with the team message; they all ride for Alberto's yellow!

Hopefully LaFlo was there holding that big Contador sign :)

May 27, 2015
Visit site

No_Balls said:
Summary of the press-conference:

"What worries me the most, because it is totally new, is how my body will recover from those efforts," Contador said in a packed press conference on Thursday. "The Tour route, in terms of its mountains, is the hardest of all the Tours I've done and in the first nine days, there are six stages which are going to be really tough. So staying consistent will be the key."

"If had to decide between the feelings I had before last year's Tour " - when Contador said he had best feelings ever prior to a Grand Tour - "and this year I'd choose last year. [Last year] I had prepared for the Tour very well and last year I was not so worried about fatigue and how I would recover.

"I have more doubts than last year. My objective is to win the Tour but I am aware that it is very difficult"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-i-felt-better-at-the-2014-tour-de-france-start

Well if the difference between now and last year is a worry on how the body will recover on a day to day basis, is something i can live with. :cool:

After this I'm sure that Contador is going to win TdF 2015. Last year during Vuelta he said maybe I can get a stage victory during 3rd week (or something like that).

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
TheYouyou7 said:
There's almost no chance he wins in Huy but he wil be the best among the 4 for sure.

Why not? If he's in top shape he can definitely win it. He already beat piti on similar, (vuelta 2012 stage 13).

And he would have won FW '10 if he played it better facing guys like purito and evans. Look what he did in the giro too, only gilbert was better and that was the gilbert of old and the mur is harder.