• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1432 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The terrain wasn't really hard, always 5%. GVA was still up there, all respect to him but that says enough besides the past has proven this doesn't mean anything for Contador.

Taxus needs to do proper research, it's already hard enough to understand him

Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
BlurryVII said:
Taxus4a said:
Valv.Piti said:
BlurryVII said:
I think Quintana would've struggled as well on a finish like this, Froome has definitely more power and can compete on these low gradient sprints.

Indeed, but I'll give you it somewhat worrisome since the final was so relatively hard that he should make up for his lack of explosiveness to some extent.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the answers, but less than stellar today, especially compared to the prologue. No worries.

I think Contador showed more power in the prologue, at least everybody talked about wattage that day...

Pierre Roland have more power??

Contador has been podium in Fleche Valone, beated Valverde in Mende... Contador is quite explosive, not as Purito, but more explosive than Froome.. Froome couldnt follow Landa at 4 Km to the finish when he got a better position in the field.. but later he was building up his body, progressing, and at the end he got a good position (8th)

Gosh, you don't see the difference between a LOW gradient sprint like today and Mur de Huy or Mende?

Massive facepalm.

Of course I do, I was just answering my friend valv.pity.

He talked about wattage and i answering about that... I dont think today is just a question of the lat Km, it was a 21 Km long climb...but Contador was worse than Rolland and Hesjedal... and we talked about wattage...So I am not agree it was just wattage.

We have to wait till Friday, Sat. to see if a sluggish drag to the line today is indicative of anything. It could be he is still metabolizing the effort in the ITT, after so long away from competition.

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Re:

portugal11 said:
In 2014 contador didn't loose time in arezzo and that stage was easier than today's stage.

But did he lost time??? Come on, this is nonsense... Let´s wait to see how he is in the big mountains... This was nothing, the last uphill was more or less 700 meters... Is not the kind of rider to be in the first places in this sprints uphills. I´m not saying that he shouldn´t have been a little better, but, to me it was a normal finish...

It was like what, 20 second effort today? That's neuromuscular power. And the low gradient negates any benefit Contador has due to being lighter. The stage wasn't ridden that hard, you had like 40-50 guys sprinting for the win.

Mur de Huy, is almost a 3 minute effort. That's for a large part an anaerobic effort, though neuromuscular power doesn't really make much of a difference there.

specialized_contador_delfinato_2016_0020_670.jpg

Contador's new Tarmac looks amazing from some angles. Not sure I'm a fan overall, though. For me the colour schemes just don't work with the polished chrome.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Alberto said to Daniel Benson this morning that he'll sign a contract before the Tour. I wonder which team he'll go for?

So far the logic says Etixx. That would be the only reason why the Etixx guys occasionally (for example yesterday) help with chasing when they thelselves have no reason.
It would be a marvellous choice. The only problem would be Kittel, but I hope that if Bertie goes to Etixx he makes that clear, that the next Tour would be ohne Kittel. + they would need to sign a few mountain domestics.

Trek would be amazing too.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Jakub said:
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto said to Daniel Benson this morning that he'll sign a contract before the Tour. I wonder which team he'll go for?

So far the logic says Etixx. That would be the only reason why the Etixx guys occasionally (for example yesterday) help with chasing when they thelselves have no reason.
It would be a marvellous choice. The only problem would be Kittel, but I hope that if Bertie goes to Etixx he makes that clear, that the next Tour would be ohne Kittel. + they would need to sign a few mountain domestics.

i wonder if he brings de jongh or basso with him?

Jelantik said:
Jakub said:
LaFlorecita said:

i wonder if he brings de jongh or basso with him?

or Oleg?

:D

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
That was very scary, when I saw several Tinkoffs stopping I expected him to lose the jersey and wondered why the hell he didn't try to ride till 3km to go, but they did well to switch bikes before the peloton had fully passed :p

I thoght the same when I saw he had stopped. But when the moto camera showed the bridge there was no-one there (obviously I later saw Kreuziger...). And just seconds before that Kirby said that someone had hit the rider (Contador) standing there. So my initial thoght was that someone knocked him over the bridge :eek: :eek: :confused:

That would not be nice. I have thankfully realised my mistake just seconds later... :rolleyes:

bajbar said:
I thoght the same when I saw he had stopped. But when the moto camera showed the bridge there was no-one there (obviously I later saw Kreuziger...). And just seconds before that Kirby said that someone had hit the rider (Contador) standing there. So my initial thoght was that someone knocked him over the bridge :eek: :eek: :confused:

That would not be nice. I have thankfully realised my mistake just seconds later... :rolleyes:
Oh FFS, Kirby almost giving Contador fans a heart attack with his stupidity :eek: thankfully Sporza immediately recognized that is was a teammate and concluded that Alberto must have had a quick wheel/bike change.

TRENDING THREADS