• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1644 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
CrxTBAoXEAAwbSg.jpg


CrxPqrMWgAA6FPE.jpg


Look how similar Chavito's expressions are to Berto's :p Thought that was funny
 
Re: Re:

Amnes2015 said:
i don't understand this 1st place or bust mentality, imo it's a lack of respect for the employer. 2nd place is better than 10

Jelantik said:
jilbiker said:
Anyone see Quintana and Contador talking on the warm down? What were they planning or plotting? I like the nice relationship between them, almost wants me accept Quintana as an alternate winner if Bertie cannot take it...almost.

they were probably giggling about how they made Froome chased them... :lol:

they can giggle as much they want, atm Froome has more Tdf"s than both Contador and Quintana combined.
Froome is 1-3 years of cracking. He will fall so far short of Alberto's palmAres. 5 tours is so far short of 9-10 GTs in my book
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Visit site
Re: Re:

Amnes2015 said:
i don't understand this 1st place or bust mentality, imo it's a lack of respect for the employer. 2nd place is better than 10

Jelantik said:
jilbiker said:
Anyone see Quintana and Contador talking on the warm down? What were they planning or plotting? I like the nice relationship between them, almost wants me accept Quintana as an alternate winner if Bertie cannot take it...almost.

they were probably giggling about how they made Froome chased them... :lol:

they can giggle as much they want, atm Froome has more Tdf"s than both Contador and Quintana combined.

Sure Contador can. He has more GT win than Froome and Quintana combined. I don't think Froome will reach the same amount of GT win in his life time :lol:
 
Exactly. Success is not only measured in TdF victories. Froome should go do the Giro this coming year or the year after that imo. I like the fact that he's at least trying the Vuelta a lot, given that he broke through in this race it's not so strange that he likes it.
 
Re:

Mr.White said:
He will finish second in Madrid. The only thing that can stop him is attacking from a far in Aitana stage.
Agree; think he knows it as well. He's been grooming Quintana as an ally rather than a rival in these last few days. The two of them working together definitely have a chance of distancing Froome at Aitana.
 
Plus the crash. People are acting like he is toast and should retire immediately. The reality is he lost a minute in the TTT, suffered a crash, had to recover from a couple Tour crashes, and is STILL barely behind Froome and Chavez. I for one am impressed and even more of a fan every day.
 
Re: Re:

Vino attacks everyone said:
Escarabajo said:
We are not talking about the same rider who defeated Cancellara in the TT in 2009.
somehow some people seem to think that he was better in the 11 giro :D
Pretty equal I'd say, we didn't really get to see that much in 2009. 2 weeks of snoozing and then, bam, Verbier - race over in 20 minutes.

I really like the little relationship him and Quintana seems to develop, an alliance in the moment. I don't think Quintana is fond of Froome, but he respects him - I think Contador probably does that as well, but he dislikes him more than Quintana does. After seeing how everything panned out on stage 15, I have an assumption Contador was pretty amused; its the only time such an attack have even remotely succeeded against Sky and Froome. Not to mention Froome won't do the double.. possibly a little plus in Contador's book as well. #QuererEsPoder. A motto that has grown on me and I use daily. Altho I would be very surprised to see Contador attack all out on Saturday - he will probably try a little before Aitana, but not anything more once he realises its pretty dumb and is risking his podium place, 99%.
 
Re:

VayaVayaVaya said:
Plus the crash. People are acting like he is toast and should retire immediately. The reality is he lost a minute in the TTT, suffered a crash, had to recover from a couple Tour crashes, and is STILL barely behind Froome and Chavez. I for one am impressed and even more of a fan every day.
I agree. Of course many of us really wanted and expected him to take the win here, so it's a little disappointing, but considering the circumstances he is by no means doing badly.
 
Jul 10, 2009
918
0
0
Visit site
No bandage on the leg today and he was riding strong. Could we see an alien ITT? I won't say no to that. Do an Indurian like ITT where he would win by 2-3minutes. That could make saturday a very nervous day for a whole lot of people....:)
 
He was still hurting like a dog, but this was the first time he attacked, recovered, managed his effort. Question is why this only happened so deep into the race. I was pretty sure he was going to be just fine after his showing in Burgos, especially considering he was going up against Quintana and Froome from the Tour and the only other with a reasonable shot to challenge him was Chaves. It reminded me of Froome back in 2014 - on paper, he should be better than Contador, like Contador should've been better than Quintana and Froome in 2016 and like Froome, he seemed undercooked going in and only found his form at the end. Obviously, the crash in the Vuelta didn't help, but after his crash he looked better in Camperona (2nd best), got st. in Naranco and managed his effort like an amateur on Covadonga, so I think it's fair so say that really didn't play a big role. On stage 11, according to the team, he was back at 100% again which explained why they believed so much in him at Cabarga and chased the break.
 
Jun 13, 2016
447
1
0
Visit site
Re:

jens_attacks said:
i hope alberto is just putting nairo in a false sense of security and destroys him in these last stages

sadly, movistar is uber strong...
Me too. Hopefully he is lying to him or trying to fool him. Is there any descent where it could be a group of the top4, no movistar, and Alberto goes all Savoldelli?
 
Re: Re:

MacBAir said:
jens_attacks said:
i hope alberto is just putting nairo in a false sense of security and destroys him in these last stages

sadly, movistar is uber strong...
Me too. Hopefully he is lying to him or trying to fool him. Is there any descent where it could be a group of the top4, no movistar, and Alberto goes all Savoldelli?

Alberto 'falls off his bike on a regular basis' Contador, doing a Savoldelli? What on earth are you talking about?
 

TRENDING THREADS