• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1651 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

LaFlorecita said:

Unlucky 13...

He did what he could; just didn't have the legs.

Fought it out right 'til the end. I don't think that he could have ridden it differently. If he'd tried to go with Chavez on the penultimate climb he likely would have ended up losing more time.

The fourth place is still alright. And next season might result in something better.

Oh I'm so sad.. my heart is broken... It's Chavito and I can't be angry at him, I love him, but I just feel so sorry for Alberto... it hurts to watch him struggle like this :( worked so hard this entire year and gets nothing, absolutely nothing, not even a stupid place on the podium :(

Re:

portugal11 said:
Third ou fourth doesn't matter to contador. My biggest dream is go back two years ago to tour 2014, now it's impossible winning le tour
It does matter. That's why he called Trofimov back, flogged him on the front fo 10km, then attacked to try to close the gap himself, only to crack and fall just short. Really disappointed in him that he couldn't defend 3rd place with such a lead. I imagine his teammates won't be too impressed either.

Re:

lenric said:
Can't see him winning next year's Giro or Vuelta. TDF is simply impossible.
That largely depends on how the field is in the Giro/Vuelta. This Vuelta he performed subpar compared to the rest of the season, had a subpar team and crashed. In the end it does not reflect his level. I can definitely see him winning a Giro next year if he targets it and has a better beginning to the race.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with saying how Contador *** up today fleur, you can't dictate people here. If you don't like it, just leave.

Contador was an idiot today, a really big one.

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
portugal11 said:
Third ou fourth doesn't matter to contador. My biggest dream is go back two years ago to tour 2014, now it's impossible winning le tour
It does matter. That's why he called Trofimov back, flogged him on the front fo 10km, then attacked to try to close the gap himself, only to crack and fall just short. Really disappointed in him that he couldn't defend 3rd place with such a lead. I imagine his teammates won't be too impressed either.

well Contador really lit up the GC race and i hope that he'll carry on in a new team that will support him better than Tinkoff has in recent times

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
My god, I can't believe people are actually kicking him while he's down. Have some decency, he clearly struggled throughout the race and just missed the podium by a few seconds. Have some sympathy, this is no way to treat someone.

Do you think hr could be again the same of 14? Or at least 15?

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
My god, I can't believe people are actually kicking him while he's down. Have some decency, he clearly struggled throughout the race and just missed the podium by a few seconds. Have some sympathy, this is no way to treat someone.
Give it a rest. We're not kicking anyone, we're discussing a prominent rider after a majorly disappointing day for him. It's not like he's going to be straight on the cycling news forums on the team bus to see what DFA123, La Florecita and Miburo are saying about him. And, if you are reading Alberto, next time try to stick on the only wheel you have to mark.

And, in all seriousness, there's a lot to discuss after his showing at the Vuelta. It surely could change his plans for the future; whether that is to continue in the sport or which races he will target. At the moment he's nowhere near a GT winning level.

Re: Re:

Matteo. said:
LaFlorecita said:

Do you think hr could be again the same of 14? Or at least 15?

I honestly think he was a lot better this year than last year. The field he beat in the Giro wasn't great, and at times this season, he looked like he was somewhat capable of challenging Froome and Quintana, unlike 2015