Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1932 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And who knows? The gaps aren't that big. What if? This would be his greatest win, by far...out of nowhere, in Ivanisevic fashion (kind of - Goran had never won a slam). Mythic ride atop the Angliru would be a massive cherry on a huge cake. And a movie-style ride into the sunset, wow!!!

I still think that Fromme will win. But for a goodbye party, Alberto is putting on heck of a show. And it's not over. Watch out.

Tonton said:
And who knows? The gaps aren't that big. What if? This would be his greatest win, by far...out of nowhere, in Ivanisevic fashion (kind of - Goran had never won a slam). Mythic ride atop the Angliru would be a massive cherry on a huge cake. And a movie-style ride into the sunset, wow!!!

I still think that Fromme will win. But for a goodbye party, Alberto is putting on heck of a show. And it's not over. Watch out.

Ah. But isn't that the thing about Berto. He makes us dream. :)

Tonton said:

I'm trying to stay logical and realistic, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about this everyday.

I don't want to believe, but when he puts in a performance like this what am I supposed to do? I love Alberto. Puts his neck on the line and went deep into the red to animate the race and gain time in the most Alberto way ever. I still can't see him winning without Froome getting sick or crashing out or something, but DAMN.

Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
portugal11 said:
jilbiker said:
After seeing the Windies near impossible win over England in cricket this week, I must say anything is possible. Sunday's race seems tailor-made for AC, short, sweet and hard, He could crush everyone on that stage. but I don't know what will happen in the next two days esp Saturday. I would like him to even go rogue tomorrow and further discombobulate Froome. I have said before that Contador is Froome's nightmare, not that Contador is in Batman form but Froome seems so frazzled and occupied with the Contador presence that he can't piece together a melody once AC makes a move. Wish they had raced each other in AC's younger days.
Alberto would have murdered froome. Pre ban contador is probably in top3 of all times best climbers and he always (pre ban) was top10 in flat time trials. In hilly time trials he is just a monster and significantly better than anyone else (in 2007-2011).
We are lucky those times are gone...yes, and Ricco was a superclimber :D

Froome had nothing to do with that Contador, with that Mayo, with that Lance, with that Zubeldia,...yes, we agree.

I cannot understand how on earth you are not banned because of your constant clinic references about "good old days" or "those times" or whatever, even though it is proven a zillion of times that there is virtually no difference between today and "those times" in GTs. Actually, the lowest watts on TDF climbs came in 2008,2010 and 2011 in last 10 years, which completely kills your bs claims.

I am really happy that he is going out with a nice fashion, it kinda reminds me how Brandon Roy killed Mavs in NBA playoffs, while it was clear that his career was coming to an end rapidly. I just hope that he can keep on animating this race.

Singer01

BANNED
Nov 18, 2013
Best and worst looks of Contador's career?
Best by a mile was in the 2011 Saxo kit.
Worst, i don't even know where to begin, he has been unfortunate to ride for some teams with awful colour schemes, its probably an astana kit, but i can't make my mind up which one at the minute.

Best, 2010 Astana, IMO
Worst, the 2015 TDF grey fluo camo outfit :eek:
2011 was nice but still unsure about the Crotch Eagle (TM)
I generally prefer bright outfits so the Saxo/Tinkoff kits rank highly, I also like this year's kit on Alberto, but only because of the red.

Aug 6, 2015
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Best, 2010 Astana, IMO
Worst, the 2015 TDF grey fluo camo outfit :eek:
2011 was nice but still unsure about the Crotch Eagle (TM)
I generally prefer bright outfits so the Saxo/Tinkoff kits rank highly, I also like this year's kit on Alberto, but only because of the red.
Best: 2012 tour de san luis

Jul 6, 2016
He looks good on every kit. Just compare him to his teammates. But I prefer Tinkoff-Saxo 2015, therefore bought it also myself. That kit has just everything: aggressiveness, show, contrast yellow flu with bright blue, both the names Tinkoff and Saxo just simple and clear, Tinkoff in Russian symbols on one shoulder, the Russian flag on one sleeve.

And it was (very short though) the kit of Alberto, Bjarne Riis, Oleg Tinkov and Peter Sagan. Love it and I will honor and serve that kit forever. Can't just wear it being too fat or with hairy legs or without a nice bronze color on the skin.

Re:

Singer01 said:
Best and worst looks of Contador's career?
Best by a mile was in the 2011 Saxo kit.
Worst, i don't even know where to begin, he has been unfortunate to ride for some teams with awful colour schemes, its probably an astana kit, but i can't make my mind up which one at the minute.
Agree. 2009 was a truly awful-looking jersey.

I always liked the 2014 Tinkoff-Saxo kit on Berto. Maybe it's just because he was so good that year, that I'm being nostalgic :)