• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 2020 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just a fleeting recognition: Tadej's out of the saddle climbing technique occasionally resembles Contador's. That allows for a better variety of muscle group concentration for the sake of hard efforts. Roglic is primarily a seated spinner on climbs and that should help with overall fatigue. After 3 weeks it may have been his undoing, too. His struggle up the last part of the TT was tough to watch.

Reactions: perico
Contador being Elon Musk, and Aurum the new Tesla ;) Start with a high luxury bike, sell it at a profit, create more affordable bike etc.

When do bikes usually decrease in price significantly, after some months, or years or only when a new edition comes out? Not so familiar with the price curve of bikes tbh.

It looks good but 10k is too much even for most amateurs. They may have gone a bit too elite with their ambitions here, or their production capacities are very slim so it is more about the collector status.

Maybe Andy Schleck will sell them in his bike shop. lol

Anyhoo, cool to see Bertie being an entrepreneur and not just a eurosport pundit. Do it for a while, until you become the DS we all need.

Reactions: Carols
Contador being Elon Musk, and Aurum the new Tesla ;) Start with a high luxury bike, sell it at a profit, create more affordable bike etc.

When do bikes usually decrease in price significantly, after some months, or years or only when a new edition comes out? Not so familiar with the price curve of bikes tbh.

It looks good but 10k is too much even for most amateurs. They may have gone a bit too elite with their ambitions here, or their production capacities are very slim so it is more about the collector status.

Anyhoo, cool to see Bertie being an entrepreneur and not just a eurosport pundit. Do it for a while, until you become the DS we all need.
Yeah not sure which is the right way to go. They've obviously made the choice to go for a very exclusive high end feel. I'm not sure the bike is special enough to stand out among similarly priced high-end machines but it'll attract the type of customer that is willing to spend 10k on a bike just 'to have it'. Collector's item as you say. It's 'cooler' and more special perhaps than a BMC or Specialized.

If they had decided on a more budget version they would still have to compete with the established brands. Let's be honest, as a small-scale company they will always be slightly more expensive so the upper class market could be best as that's where you'll find the customers that don't mind spending 500-1000€ more for a unique bike.

Alberto and Ivan are really taking off as an entrepreneur duo. They've also set up a similarly exclusive sports/bike related skin care brand (that sounds very vague I'm sure but think chamois cream and similar).

Reactions: BlueRoads
Yeah not sure which is the right way to go. They've obviously made the choice to go for a very exclusive high end feel. I'm not sure the bike is special enough to stand out among similarly priced high-end machines but it'll attract the type of customer that is willing to spend 10k on a bike just 'to have it'. Collector's item as you say. It's 'cooler' and more special perhaps than a BMC or Specialized.

If they had decided on a more budget version they would still have to compete with the established brands. Let's be honest, as a small-scale company they will always be slightly more expensive so the upper class market could be best as that's where you'll find the customers that don't mind spending 500-1000€ more for a unique bike.

Alberto and Ivan are really taking off as an entrepreneur duo. They've also set up a similarly exclusive sports/bike related skin care brand (that sounds very vague I'm sure but think chamois cream and similar).
It's a known phenomenon a certain amount of people will pay more money for that exclusive feel. I've even heard some anecdotes of products that sold better when prices were jacked a crazy amount, but that was not really a comparable thing to racing bikes.

My guess is they simply can't compete with the big manufacturers, but if they can still make a really good bike that has a different look they can make it work.

What kind of car can get for under 10K?

I'm in the camp of not paying that much for a bike. For a car, well the 3 cars we're looking at to replace what is now an 16 year old car is going to cost around 30K or a good bit higher.
Surely a second-hand car would be cheaper than 30k, though I must admit I don't know what car prices are like in your country.

Are Kometa going to use these bikes now?

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site

It amazes me how much this new Aurum frameset plagiarizes the older style SuperSix. It just confirms to me that Cannondale leads frame desing.

TRENDING THREADS