Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 400 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
webvan said:
It's not just Bertie though, Vv and Purito are not at their 2012 Vuelta level, I'm never one to believe in crackpot theories but it's hard not to be a bit "perplexed".

And yeah, Froome's comment was a pretty thinky veiled accusation, I'm surprised it didn't make headlines like "Froome says he's winning because Contador can't dope anymore"!!!
Valverde is at vuelta 2012 level for sure. Keep in mind that Valverde was getting dropped whenever AC and purito wanted to.
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
Valverde is better than last year. He still had some margin for improvement from not racing between Romandie 2010 and TdU 2012.
 
Miburo said:
Valverde is at vuelta 2012 level for sure. Keep in mind that Valverde was getting dropped whenever AC and purito wanted to.
He is even better now, becouse last year he did the Tour, his peak was thought for the TdF.

He has a big natural talent, and that kind of things lately have a big value in cycling...

Purito is not so strong, but I dont know if is the crash or another thing.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Taxus4a said:
He is even better now, becouse last year he did the Tour, his peak was thought for the TdF.

He has a big natural talent, and that kind of things lately have a big value in cycling...

Purito is not so strong, but I dont know if is the crash or another thing.
Stop being idiotic and drop the clinic references. Valverde-clinic history is btw as bad if not even worse than Contador's.
 
Jan 3, 2011
4,596
0
0
Taxus4a said:
He is even better now, becouse last year he did the Tour, his peak was thought for the TdF.

He has a big natural talent, and that kind of things lately have a big value in cycling...

Purito is not so strong, but I dont know if is the crash or another thing.
I use to think so to. Saturday evening I thought otherwise.
 
Jul 7, 2009
397
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Grrr now Froome said Alberto is not a competitor for the yellow jersey. Alberto might never be a threat to Froome but show some respect FFS
Wait, What?!? Where did he say that?
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
sometriguy said:
Wait, What?!? Where did he say that?
There's no way Froome said that. Contador and possibly Quintana are the only threats for Froome.

Valverde doesn't have a good enough of a history as a GC-contender. Just like kreuziger, molemma and so on...

If Contador somehow gets his old shape back then maybe. We've never seen the other GC-contender with a shape close to that of Contador besides Andy and maybe Cadel.
 
Source, please?
I did a quick look around and all I see is Froome saying that Valverde is his primary rival.
Did someone interpret this to be disrespectful to Contador?
 
Yeah a further search shows that some "Kelly Contador" on twitter started the whole thing (and a pretty ****ed off vamosalberto). Since it's not corroborated I would assume he/she misinterpreted the whole thing.
 
Jul 7, 2009
397
0
0
Sad to hear that AC is really playing down his chances, don't remember him ever throwing in the towel. Granted, I don't speak spanish and it could have been taken out of context depending on the question from the interviewer.

I know his chances seem slim, but I was looking forward to attack after attack after attack
 
Sep 8, 2012
134
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
I don't know. A french person on twitter said he said that on french tv. Now that I see froome said he considers valverde his main rival I wonder if something was misunderstood...

Froome's words were possibly twisted a little bit, such as:

Froome: I consider Valverde as my main rival
Journo: Froome does not think that Contador is going to be his main rival

You know....stirring it a little bit.
 
wwabbit said:
Yeah a further search shows that some "Kelly Contador" on twitter started the whole thing (and a pretty ****ed off vamosalberto). Since it's not corroborated I would assume he/she misinterpreted the whole thing.
If you look further you probably also see me asking if he really said that and when because I found it hard to believe but she seemed pretty sure.
 
sometriguy said:
Sad to hear that AC is really playing down his chances, don't remember him ever throwing in the towel. Granted, I don't speak spanish and it could have been taken out of context depending on the question from the interviewer.

I know his chances seem slim, but I was looking forward to attack after attack after attack
I'm afraid he can't attack. It looks like he's riding at the limit the whole time. A sad race this will be.
 
LaFlorecita said:
I'm afraid he can't attack. It looks like he's riding at the limit the whole time. A sad race this will be.
I think he looked quite comfortable on sunday. I know the pace wasn't very high and Quintana's attacks were a little half-assed, but he always followed directly on Froome's wheel. I still think he will improve and also put some time into Froome and the others. If it'll be enough for the podium or even yellow...we'll see ;)
 
Carols said:
That is darned depressing...the light seems to have switched off as I suspected.

I hope he retires at the end of the year like Indurain did if he can't find any form by worlds and doesn't prolong the agony like LeMond did.

Very Depressed :(
Now this is depressing, just because your favourite rider has a bad year he should retire so you don't suffer? That's a pathetic way of thinking.

I just hope he keeps working and eventually finds his legs back.
 
Parrulo said:
Now this is depressing, just because your favourite rider has a bad year he should retire so you don't suffer? That's a pathetic way of thinking.

I just hope he keeps working and eventually finds his legs back.
LOL, I've lived watching the greats fall and fail for 40+ years. It's better to get it over with sooner rather than later, for Them, not just the fans.

He may still find form and moments of greatness, but the writing is on the wall. Hope I'm wrong, but I've seen it 4 times now....
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Parrulo said:
Well Contador himself just said he barely is a podium candidate so . . .

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=63793

At least he is finally accepting that his form is absolutely ****ty
Carols said:
That is darned depressing...the light seems to have switched off as I suspected.

I hope he retires at the end of the year like Indurain did if he can't find any form by worlds and doesn't prolong the agony like LeMond did.

Very Depressed :(

dang! the horses's mouth has spoken...:( i guees, The fat french lady needs to finish her donuts pronto, looks like she needs to practice her singing earlier. So does that means Saxo now is riding for Roman? or chasing stage winning?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts