• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 422 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
just watch tomorrow. Sky will be firing on all cylinders.

I hope you're right because if they don't this will be strike two against the anti-sky establishment after saxo's performance on yesterday's stage.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
darwin553 said:
I hope you're right because if they don't this will be strike two against the anti-sky establishment after saxo's performance on yesterday's stage.

The situation that we got yesterday was due to nothing but tactics. Good tactics on Saxo and Belkins part, bad tactics on Sky's. I don't see how it's a strike against anything or anyone.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
It is sad to see that the only thing that stands in the way of aliens from taking over the world is Vinos prophet...:eek:

:p

Anyways, I think AC will do well tomorrov and secure a podium spot, perhpas even take down Mollema.

Who gives a **** about podium?

Mollema is not a threat for Contador, he'll collapse eventually well maybe he'll be 3th but he won't be a threat for 2nd.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
A really nice reading from Nico Roche, it shows that the group is very united and is motivated!

Today stage was the calm before the storm... Tomorrow Alberto wont take any prisioners... SKY is showing some cracks and I dont see Froome too relaxed even with the big lead that He has right now...

Tomorrow guys.. Tomorrow!

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
A really nice reading from Nico Roche, it shows that the group is very united and is motivated!

Today stage was the calm before the storm... Tomorrow Alberto wont take any prisioners... SKY is showing some cracks and I dont see Froome too relaxed even with the big lead that He has right now...

Tomorrow guys.. Tomorrow!

If Contador can stay with Froome tomorrow and Kreuziger is still up there then i think Froome will be worried.

But it's very unlikely it'll happen :(

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Did you see Ax3 Domaines:confused:
Froome is not gonna crack tomorrow(i mean on the climb),r u crazy?
IMO they should try to attack before Ventoux in the crosswinds,at least for psychological boost;),or better gain a few seconds before the climb :D (thats crazy too i know - but its Saxo)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Did you see Ax3 Domaines:confused:
Froome is not gonna crack tomorrow(i mean on the climb),r u crazy?
IMO they should try to attack before Ventoux in the crosswinds,at least for psychological boost;),or better gain a few seconds before the climb :D (thats crazy too i know - but its Saxo)

not a bunch of idiots will help Froom chasing:p

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
He doesnt sound confident:

Alberto Contador: The Mont Ventoux is legendary

[13.07 19:22] Team Saxo-Tinkoff's Alberto Contador knows tomorrow's stage is special. Not just because of the amount of kilometers but because of the legendary climb to Ventoux:

“Tomorrow will be a hard stage because the amount of kilometers and because the Mont Ventoux is a legendary mountain where everyone is specifically motivated to prevail. The climb can be divided into two parts. The first is very steep and takes you through dense vegetation but the second part is windy, usually headwind and takes in the open. I guess in tomorrow's race will be dominated by numerous attacks from teams like Movistar from the start of the stage. We will have to see how the legs do and we're gonna do tactically.

Alberto confirmed that the Mont Ventoux is different from the rest:

“The first part is very hard and the final 5 kilometers are easier if you can stay behind but if you have a bad day on Ventoux you can lose minutes. I remember in 2009 during Criterium Dauphiné where I almost threw up my heart and going back one month later in peak shape during Tour de France, I found it relatively easy even being in several attacks with Andy Schleck. Tomorrow I think there will be many attacks and I just hope the legs work well. I don't expect alliances, unless interests coincide along the way. Everyone does his race, although there may be circumstances from which you can benefit but I don't see alliances in advance,” concluded Saxo-Tinkoff's Alberto Contador.

http://teamsaxotinkoff.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=4117&lang=uk

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
If we look we see, if we search we find, if we act we conquer.

"A cycling team seized with panic is similarly in a state of demoralisation; because when disorder is once introduced all concerted action on the part of individuals becomes impossible, the voice of Brailsford can no longer be heard, no manoeuvre for resuming the race can be executed, and there is no resource but ignominious flight." Jomini.

"The supreme art of cycling is to subdue the opposition without fighting… …Profiting by their panic we shall exterminate them completely; this will cool Froome's courage and cover us with glory… …we can make a sortie and attack them from all sides at once." Sun Tzu.

There is no rush, only a process to follow through. :)

Cimber said:

[13.07 19:22] Team Saxo-Tinkoff's Alberto Contador knows tomorrow's stage is special. Not just because of the amount of kilometers but because of the legendary climb to Ventoux:

“Tomorrow will be a hard stage because the amount of kilometers and because the Mont Ventoux is a legendary mountain where everyone is specifically motivated to prevail. The climb can be divided into two parts. The first is very steep and takes you through dense vegetation but the second part is windy, usually headwind and takes in the open. I guess in tomorrow's race will be dominated by numerous attacks from teams like Movistar from the start of the stage. We will have to see how the legs do and we're gonna do tactically.

“The first part is very hard and the final 5 kilometers are easier if you can stay behind but if you have a bad day on Ventoux you can lose minutes. I remember in 2009 during Criterium Dauphiné where I almost threw up my heart and going back one month later in peak shape during Tour de France, I found it relatively easy even being in several attacks with Andy Schleck. Tomorrow I think there will be many attacks and I just hope the legs work well. I don't expect alliances, unless interests coincide along the way. Everyone does his race, although there may be circumstances from which you can benefit but I don't see alliances in advance,” concluded Saxo-Tinkoff's Alberto Contador.

Yes

"We will have to see how the legs do and we're gonna do tactically."

Not good

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
No AC attack

When was the last time AC attacked successfully when expected to? I am just reflecting back, 2009 TDF, his attack was unexpected, he saw everyone was suffering and attacked, 2010 TDF, Andy's chain fell out and he took the opportunity and attacked, 2011 Giro his attack was unexpected, Scaponi said the other GC folks felt it was too early in the Tour for an attack so they did not react at first, 2012 TDF the attack on Ahuez was unexpected and done so early, the GC folks were caught napping, 2012 Vuelta well we all know that was unexpected, not even because it was 50km to the finish but no one expected an attack on that particular stage, they thought it would be a later stage.

When he has attacked when expected it has not been successful. The surprise aspect is the key. Sorry AC fans, I don't expect an attack tomorrow. I expect an attack post the rest day.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
jilbiker said:
When was the last time AC attacked successfully when expected to? I am just reflecting back, 2009 TDF, his attack was unexpected, he saw everyone was suffering and attacked, 2010 TDF, Andy's chain fell out and he took the opportunity and attacked, 2011 Giro his attack was unexpected, Scaponi said the other GC folks felt it was too early in the Tour for an attack so they did not react at first, 2012 TDF the attack on Ahuez was unexpected and done so early, the GC folks were caught napping, 2012 Vuelta well we all know that was unexpected, not even because it was 50km to the finish but no one expected an attack on that particular stage, they thought it would be a later stage.

When he has attacked when expected it has not been successful. The surprise aspect is the key. Sorry AC fans, I don't expect an attack tomorrow. I expect an attack post the rest day.

in other words, tomorrow, when you don't expect it? :p

Cimber said:

How do you come to that conclusion? Because he doesnt say the legs feel great and he'll attack??? Seems very matter of fact; keeping his cards close to the vest (US expression). I wouldnt read too much into his comments

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
xrayvision said:
Nick Gates ‏@NicholasGates1 34m
Seriously if I was Froomey I'd be ****ting myself with team,and simply would not be happy with team selection.

:D

who the f*** is nick gates and who the f*** cares about his opinion

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
just watch tomorrow. Sky will be firing on all cylinders.

just like you said yesterday valverde would be back in the group, froome would never drop in the wind and sky would close the gap to contadors group. from what I';ve read so far you have been wrong on all accounts again this tour :rolleyes: