• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 448 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Another valiant effort from contador today. He only lost 1 minute to Froome!Can he do as well as Comeback 2.0 and finish on the podium, or will it slip away? So very exciting!!!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
fantomas said:
Maybe, just maybe, they can crack Froome. Contador will also crack in the process, but then Quintana or J-Rod may take advantage and go for more than podium.

Wishful thinking, I know, but hey, that's all that's left.

Don't you believe in miracles? Cycling is full of them, every year! :)

Anyone who thinks Berto can win this race is being unrealistic IMO. His team and his own class has kept him high in the overall to date. He has never come into form; though improved a bit for a couple of days. It won't happen overnight now, he is exhausted.

Saxo should look to limit their loses and try to keep him on the podium.

There will be no bid for glory, or if they try it will fail, he doesn't have the legs :(

Love him for what he has already given us!!!!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Carols said:
Anyone who thinks Berto can win this race is being unrealistic IMO. His team and his own class has kept him high in the overall to date. He has never come into form; though improved a bit for a couple of days. It won't happen overnight now, he is exhausted.

There will be no bid for glory, or if they try it will fail, he doesn't have the legs :(

Exactly my thoughts. They tried it but it wasn't going to happen this year, go for the podium now.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
JimPanzen said:
Seeing Bertie strggle and fighting makes me even like him more. I would say he's very consistent in this years Tour, although his promised improvement in the last week doesn'T seem to come.

Actually, this is probably the "true" Contador we have ever seen him as. He is a very talented GT rider, but not the Wunderkind he was made out to be 5 years ago.

This Tour actually made me respect him more than two years ago when he pulled a Froome in the Giro.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Podium would be unnecessary humiliation. Just try to go for a stage and blow up in the process. What is the point of a podium for Alberto? If anything him blowing up will get Roman one place higher

So? :confused:

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Carols said:

it doesn't help to claw to froome if movistar is shaking hand with sky to dislodge contador. I hope contador can keep his second place, just because. maybe valverde felt that he was behind by 10 minutes because of saxo finally drove him away after belkin rode. who knows. But so far, contador has been loosing 1 minutes + all the time, so it's kinda hard to attack if you keep loosing time.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Podium would be unnecessary humiliation. Just try to go for a stage and blow up in the process. What is the point of a podium for Alberto? If anything him blowing up will get Roman one place higher

i can't let the opportunist got podium .. if he decided to blow himself out. If roman can get to podium, then it's fine. but purito might sneak in. That's a blow for contador, it's like a payback from purito. Quintana,.. that's fine, he deserved it. He's been so far the 2nd strongest rider.

So no, i don't want contador blow himself so purito can be in the podium. Purito plays his card right. His form looks really, really good. As he said: "first for the english man, second for the columbian, and third is for me". He is closer to about to realizing his goal now.

Jelantik said:
i can't let the opportunist got podium .. if he decided to blow himself out. If roman can get to podium, then it's fine. but purito might sneak in. That's a blow for contador, it's like a payback from purito. Quintana,.. that's fine, he deserved it. He's been so far the 2nd strongest rider.

So no, i don't want contador blow himself so purito can be in the podium. Purito plays his card right. His form looks really, really good. As he said: "first for the english man, second for the columbian, and third is for me". He is closer to about to realizing his goal now.

Yes......? So Purito to finish podium, good for him. Why should Alberto care?

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
bettiniphoto_0150247_1_full_670.jpg

TRENDING THREADS