• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 450 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Gugashwill

BANNED
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
mrhender said:
ANd the question is: Will Riis keep him for next year? With the unstable Tinkoff situation and AC still not delevering the TDF win for Riis?

Could he make a move on Wiigins or Nibali?
He'll keep him.
He's still one of the best.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:
. . . But rogers is probably the cool head guy in saxo team. . .

Gugashwill said:
He's gotten old with Riis.

LaFlorecita said:
The fire seems to be there, his body just doesn't comply.

Rogers is proving to be an amazing tactical head. Really a phenom.

I'm cheering for Bertie in this tour. And it ain't over yet. The fat lady's song has started, but it ain't over. Yet. AC continually proves he has fire. And as for getting old, hey, that happens. At some point, for most everybody, we hit a stretch where things show a bit more.

This TdF, I'm still cheering for Bertie - and Purito, and Nairo.

¡Ándele! ¡Ándele! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba!

LaFlorecita said:
1061421-16980303-640-480.jpg

Wow

Take a look. The man has given everything he has. Expecting more from him just isn't realistic. It's a shame Tinkoff and Riis are putting pressure on him. It makes me very sad....... :(

fantomas said:
Exactly. Also, I don't think Riis is pushing him. Going ballistic is Contador's choice more than anyone else's. That's just how he rides.

Riis saying 'I expected more' isn't pressure? Tinkoff and his ridiculous tweets isn't pressure?

Berto is trying to meet everyone's expectations, yes even his own. But the legs won't cooperate.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Carols said:
Riis saying 'I expected more' isn't pressure? Tinkoff and his ridiculous tweets isn't pressure?

Berto is trying to meet everyone's expectations, yes even his own. But the legs won't cooperate.

I think it's only you who is obsessed with tinkoff tweets

Carols said:

Alberto expected more himself, so no, Riis expecting more isn't pushing.
Tinkoff is a joke. I hope he'll let go or be let go by the end of the year. He's a joke, his money can't make up for him being in idiot and doing damage to the team and cycling in general.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
fantomas said:
Alberto expected more himself, so no, Riis expecting more isn't pushing.
Tinkoff is a joke. I hope he'll let go or be let go by the end of the year. He's a joke, his money can't make up for him being in idiot and doing damage to the team and cycling in general.

tinkoff is the reason why alberto got so many strong team mate this year. Saxo can't give the money Riis wants. I don't like tinkoff either. But Riis is stucked with him since with him he can afford to buy more fire power to help alberto.

I said all along. Alberto needs his team. Turn out this year he relies a lot on his team. How many times Roman pacing alberto in the mountain? Without roman, he would lost so much. Today 3 saxo finish in top 10, that a sign of a strong team. Maybe alberto should let rogers make the call :D:D Against froome, quintana and purito, needs a little science to calculate your effort and minimize the loss.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering if AC did not train as hard or follow the training programs, rumors been flying all season that he is not on good shape, but seems the training has worked well for Roman and Rogers as they are very strong and to some extend Jesus and Bennatti.

Think AC might have thought he can still get away with winning on talent only, as he won the Vuelta last year, but he needs to be in peak form to win the Tour and he is not as young anymore. I believe he underestimated Froome, Qunitana and Purito, as he thought, like in previous years would have been able to ride with them and put in attacks, this year his only attacks has been downhill and if he goes with others he can’t keep with them for long.

Think Riis need to have a serious chat with him about how he prepared and what he will do different next year, as Roman would have been better placed if he had not had to do all this work for AC, and he would argue he deserves his own chance as leader in a GT.

Still hope we get to see the old Contador, who can attack and keep away after an attack.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
It's a changing of the guard.

Conador has been a fantastic champion, winning all three GT's and doing it in style.

Shame about his scandal. It seems such a trivial offense.

Froome, IMO, will be even better next year and Contador will be even farther from his youthful prime.

I feel fortunate to have been able towatch him race, but the curtain is slowly dropping.

TRENDING THREADS