• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 462 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
GP ouest france, GP fourmies, Paris Bruxelles are flat I thought but not sure.

Plouey isn't exactly flat, Costa almost won it last year by dropping everyone on the last climb, only EBH managed to bridge across on the descent and beat him in the sprint.

But ya those are there for base miles.

I think he is doing the right thing.

trevim said:
Considering the awesome shape of guys like Anton or Sanchez, Contador may as well be in the team. I'm sure he wouldn't refuse to work for Valverde or Rodriguez in case they need.

Yeah he'll work for them,
hell, he even tried to help prepare the sprint for benatti on the Champs-Élysées, where he had obviously no clue what he was doing:D:D

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
only a fool would not put contador in the WCRR.

remember, Contador pulled Michael Rogers. Though that was a funny view, with Rogers looking much weaker than berto

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
murali said:
only a fool would not put contador in the WCRR.

remember, Contador pulled Michael Rogers. Though that was a funny view, with Rogers looking much weaker than berto

Just as funny as seeing Kreuziger pulling Contador, with Alberto looking much weaker than Roman.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
i was only saying that contador wont mind pulling valverde or purito to win.

He is a very dedicated rider.

i don't remember which stage you are talking. The stage that i remember, kreuziger was pulling him while contador recovered, and then he moved forward leaving kreu behind.(selective amnesia, i think)

Pandora said:
No, no, I hope not! See Gilbert this year :eek:
I'd rather see his usual self at the highest place on the podium of any GT next year.

I don't believe in the curse of the rainbow jersey :) this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for him. He needs to take it with both hands. He will most likely fail, but at least he won't be left wondering what could have been.