• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 513 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BhA68DCCAAADZ0h.jpg

BhA5hdsCYAAspih.jpg

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Not really that different to last year so far though in that last year at this point of the year - (late February) he was very very good in the Tour of Oman.

+1. He needs to win something here to convince us that this year is different.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Not really that different to last year so far though in that last year at this point of the year - (late February) he was very very good in the Tour of Oman.

But last year Contador raced San luis in january prior to Tour of Oman. He had more KMs in his legs, which is not the case this year! I think he is fine

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yup. He did manage to ride a great TT though :cool:

His DS seemed to share the same thinking. So I guess, he is better now. But I'm not completely convinced yet. His other rivals seems far better with their form this early season. I want to see him tomorrow. Tomorrow is higher climb than thursday. His rival in this race is only Kwiat and Rui costa. His other GC contender rivals who compete on different race have more depth of opponent to deal with. I guess that's why we expect him to excel more.

Jelantik said:
His DS seemed to share the same thinking. So I guess, he is better now. But I'm not completely convinced yet. His other rivals seems far better with their form this early season. I want to see him tomorrow. Tomorrow is higher climb than thursday. His rival in this race is only Kwiat and Rui costa. His other GC contender rivals who compete on different race have more depth of opponent to deal with. I guess that's why we expect him to excel more.

Contador wasn't completely satisfied himself either.

But I am not going to worry about other rivals showing better form because that was to be expected. I want to focus on Contador, see if he is in better shape than last year.