• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 514 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Netserk said:
Depends if he made the pistol salute.

contador_algarve_7096_670.jpg

Be afraid, be very afraid :cool:

Funny thing is, just a week ago some were like "oh poor little Alberto it would be cool if he could at least finish the race"

And now they are acting like he just won the Tour.

Imo he is finished where he should have finished, Kwia already has 10+ race days on his legs and is a massive talent suited to this kind of race so it's "normal" to lose to him in GC (although imo he should have been able to follow him on stage 2). And finished just ahead of Costa who wants to fight for the top 5 of the Tour so is a "direct" rival for july.

Let's see how he does in Tirreno and Catalunya against Froome and under normal circumstances he should win Pais Vasco .

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
Be afraid, be very afraid :cool:

Funny thing is, just a week ago some were like "oh poor little Alberto it would be cool if he could at least finish the race"

And now they are acting like he just won the Tour.

Imo he is finished where he should have finished, Kwia already has 10+ race days on his legs and is a massive talent suited to this kind of race so it's "normal" to lose to him in GC (although imo he should have been able to follow him on stage 2). And finished just ahead of Costa who wants to fight for the top 5 of the Tour so is a "direct" rival for july.

Let's see how he does in Tirreno and Catalunya against Froome and under normal circumstances he should win Pais Vasco .

Thats true and like someone said above,his weight doesnt look ideal...

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Publicus said:
Oh AC how I've missed seeing you attack and have it stick :D

Luckily for him this climb was relatively short, i don't know if he can sustain a long range effort.

Against Froome, no, but he should beat Nibbles in the mountains.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Luckily for him this climb was relatively short, i don't know if he can sustain a long range effort.

He could win a grand tour this year.. I wish he was doing the giro+vuelta instead.

Arredondo said:

So you don't know if he can sustain a long range effort but you do know that he can't do it against Froome but can against Nibbles :confused: thanks for sharing (I think) :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS