Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 594 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Butterhead said:
But that would leave a tour team something like this:

1. Alberto
2. Bena.
3. Morkov
4. Matti
5. Tosatto
6. Rogers
7. Kreuziger
8. Paulinho
9. Jesus

Its a strong team, but I would prefer another climber instead of Tosatto, Rory would be a good choice, and I would be happy with that team.
No Roche? 10 char
 
Jan 10, 2012
451
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
With Tosatto, Bennati and Breschel they'd have 3 flat domestiques, 2 allround with Sutherland and Rogers, and three climbers (Kreuziger, Hernandez and Paulinho). 4 flat doms seems a bit of an overkill. I'd prefer another allrounder like Sutherland.
I understand and also would like to see Rory in the squad, but I'm afraid he won't make it and I'm pretty sure it won't be because of Morkov. The pick, for Rory's position, should be between him and Paulinho. Just like Morkov's spot is probably threatened by Breschel at the moment - although they could also switch with Toso and Bennati.



Paulinho and especially Hernandez are vital for Contador feeling well. Besides that, Paulinho was a beast at la Vuelta 2012 during the Fuente De stage, and as someone on Velorooms pointed out to me, Hernandez is a great climber and actually finished together with Kreuziger (top 10) on the last MTF of last year's Tour.

They're never going to take Hernandez to the race as dead weight. He is either going there to race, or he's not going at all.
Jesus's importance is unquestioned, but he hasn't performed all year - and while he has some great results in the past he has a history of inconsistency. I really hope he can show something tomorrow. It would be good for both him and Alberto. Paulinho is a trusted domestique as well of course. What is best about him is that, while I really think his best years are behind him already and in pure quality he hasn't much to offer compared to some others, he somehow manages to be there when it's really needed. The Vuelta stage is a perfect example, but I also remember the Basque Country this year. He wasn't riding exceptionally well, but at some point was the only guy left in a moment of 'crisis'.
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
the 's' word. :D Looking forward to tomorrow stage.

Alberto Contador @albertocontador
Today maximum effort after 8 weeks without a dorsal at the starting ITT in @dauphine. Happy with sensations
 
trevim said:
For a guy that stood against Armstrong bullying Michelle Cound's twitts are peanuts. Why would he care? He isn't a youngster anymore that needs to prove himself. I wonder if he stills talks as nice to Froome now that book is out....
I doubt Contador knows what's in Froome's book.

And even if he did know, I doubt he'd care.
 
Nov 26, 2012
3,216
0
0
The Hitch said:
I doubt Contador knows what's in Froome's book.

And even if he did know, I doubt he'd care.
even if he does care, i dont think he will bring it up in the peloton. before robots took over, there used to be mature men out there.



what do u guys think about today's stage? will the cat and mouse game between the two start today?
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
Nilsson said:
The Vuelta stage is a perfect example, but I also remember the Basque Country this year. He wasn't riding exceptionally well, but at some point was the only guy left in a moment of 'crisis'.
What happened at the Basque country?
 
Sep 29, 2012
422
0
0
murali said:
even if he does care, i dont think he will bring it up in the peloton. before robots took over, there used to be mature men out there.
^this.

Contador seems, in many ways, a reminder of what the sport used to be, when the racers raced on how they felt and what was happening on the road and behaved like men.

Now we have spoilt brats who can barely sit upright on a bike. Sad.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Today is a big day, a very big one imo. If Froome drops Contador i wouldn't even mind checking out the tour, it's over.

It's true that Contador isn't at top shape at dauphine but so is Froome. He needs to hang on for dear life. If he can do that there's still hope.

Btw Contador looks skinny as ****, maybe it's just cause we all think that he got skinnier that he really looks way more skinny.
 
In a photo comparison from last years Tour in la Gazzetta dello Sport a couple of days ago, it was painfully obvious how "fat" Contador was compared to a razor thin Froome.

Contador learned from his big mistake during this winter, when he himself admitted that he sewed his mouth shut at the table. This paid big dividends during the early season and now we should see how he really goes against Froome.

Just because Froome beat him by a mere 8 seconds yeasterday does not mean Alberto can hope to just "hang on" today. To the contrary, Froome is simply a superior TTer, however, Contador has reduced that gap to a manageable margin.

Now in Contador's natural domain today, even if Froome is very strong uphill, it may be the Briton who in fact will have to hang on to the Spaniard's devestating accelerations. At any rate, judging by those photos and this years form it will be a totally different scenario.

Should be a spectacle.
 

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
938
0
0
rhubroma said:
In a photo comparison from last years Tour in la Gazzetta dello Sport a couple of days ago, it was painfully obvious how "fat" Contador was compared to a razor thin Froome.

Contador learned from his big mistake during this winter, when he himself admitted that he sewed his mouth shut at the table. This paid big dividends during the early season and now we should see how he really goes against Froome.

Just because Froome beat him by a mere 8 seconds yeasterday does not mean Alberto can hope to just "hang on" today. To the contrary, Froome is simple a superior TTer, however, Contador has reduced that gap to a manageable margin.

Now in Contador's natural domain today, even if Froome is very strong uphill, it may be the Briton who in fact will have to hang on to the Spaniard's devestating accelerations. At any rate, judging by those photos and this years form it will be a totally different scenario.

Should be a spectacle.
Thank you for that, and I couldnt agree more. All the skeptics will learn a thing or two.
 
Mar 28, 2014
507
0
0
Miburo said:
Today is a big day, a very big one imo. If Froome drops Contador i wouldn't even mind checking out the tour, it's over.

It's true that Contador isn't at top shape at dauphine but so is Froome. He needs to hang on for dear life. If he can do that there's still hope.

Btw Contador looks skinny as ****, maybe it's just cause we all think that he got skinnier that he really looks way more skinny.
I agree, if Froome drops Berto , we can already determine the winner of the Tour 2014.
which, however, is very difficult 'cause Col du Beal is too easy to make differences (but aif it happens we will confirm that he is an alien:D:eek:)
 

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
938
0
0
Jack_89 said:
I agree, if Froome drops Berto , we can already determine the winner of the Tour 2014.
which, however, is very difficult 'cause Col du Beal is too easy to make differences (but aif it happens we will confirm that he is an alien:D:eek:)
Its worse bla bla I read yet, even if he did drop AC, which he wont, but if he did, it wouldnt mean anything regarding the tour. Nothing.
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
jens_attacks said:
fucc my life, never seen alberto so bionic o_O amazing shape, it will be very hard for froomey to drop him in le tour. and he's in green, love it

Holy .... :eek: wow he looks great (no homo here tho:D:D)

I can feel it in my bones,like I said earlier,this Tour will be good.
Vamooooooos!
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,820
1
0
Very nice riding by him today. Froome was giving it his all multiple times but couldn't drop him. May not have beat him in the sprint, but hanging with him like he did is a big improvement in relation to how he did last year.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS