• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 679 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cimber said:
Scheming... ;)

Bsfv7gSIAAAggdS.jpg

Great shot!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe it. It's today when he is planning to attack. He crashed. I'm totally crushed. 4 minutes is a way too long to catch up with the rest of the GC. I hope he isn't too badly hurt.

8 minutes to kwiat. that's a lot of time too.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
This sucks sooooo much! :mad: Really sad to see Contador out, race is severely hampered due to this. :(

He'll be back though, of that I'm confident. I hope he keeps this with him and uses it to motivate himself in 2015. This is not the end.

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Tour over now...will go down as one of the worst Tours with '11 and '12....shame too because Nibbles is a legend and will always have an asterix next to his title

Get better soon Alberto, much love.

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Been reading this forum during the last 5 years, never wrote anything, but today, what a sad moment. I love cycling, and I love to watch Contador riding, my favourite rider; that said, seeing him injured like that, still trying to get back to the bike, pedalling in clear pain, showed me how cruel professional sports are. Not very different from the Roman period; us sitting in our sofas watching humans, gladiators, suffering on the battlefield.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Im even sad and i don't like the guy, i mean i wanted the best too win. Now we will never know. I was already annoyed about Froome, Nibali could win the TDF lmao. He as never outclimbed AC and Froome in his life