• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 983 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Unlike many of his fans, which shall go unnamed, Contador appears to take Big Richie's recent display of sheer power very seriously

He’s been really strong, practically all the races he’s been in he’s either won them or come close. He’s in good shape, he’s really motivated and focused on the Giro. He’s going to be hard to be beat

IIRC, he said something similiar before the 2013 Tour about Froome when he was also confident in himself. Take from that what you will!

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Unlike many of his fans, which shall go unnamed, Contador appears to take Big Richie's recent display of sheer power very seriously

He’s been really strong, practically all the races he’s been in he’s either won them or come close. He’s in good shape, he’s really motivated and focused on the Giro. He’s going to be hard to be beat

Alberto is one savvy competitor :)

Re:

SeriousSam said:

IIRC, he said something similiar before the 2013 Tour about Froome when he was also confident in himself. Take from that what you will!

Are you trying to say that you can predict the outcome of the race based on the fact that he is saying the sane thing as back in 2013? :eek:

Besides what do you think he is going to say...oh Porte will be an easy competitor? Whether Porte is tough or easy in reality, AC is going to say the same thing.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:

Give me one interview of contador where he said he's gonna crush everyone in a race. Just one, yea :eek:

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
SeriousSam said:

Give me one interview of contador where he said he's gonna crush everyone in a race. Just one, yea :eek:
Besides Contador says about everyone that they are tough to beat.. :eek:

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Carols said:
Holy Smokes this was kept under wraps:
"The one hiccup, a micro-fissure in the sacrum – a minute but painful crack in a bone in the lower back, caused by the crash in the closing kilometres of the second last stage of the Volta a Catalunya in late March – was discovered with a hospital visit a week after he started training in the Canaries"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/alberto-contador-exclusive-recovered-from-injury-and-ready-for-the-giro-ditalia

He says he's where he wants to be so hopefully he will be ready in 10 days!

Yeah.. it's like the bad luck follows him again this year. I hope he has exercised all the bad omen up to catalunya, and from the Giro to the Tour, the luck will be in his side. *crossed my finger* Who da' thought ..what seemingly harmless fall, could cause him, a micro crack on his bone... geeezzz... He, Froome, Quintana, have been marred with illness and injury crash. Nibali is the only who seems free from the bad luck so far.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Carols said:
LaFlorecita said:
Tinkoff-Saxo for il Giro
- Contador
- Basso
- Hernández
- Jensen
- Kreuziger
- Paulinho
- Rogers
- Rovny
- Tosatto

Basso better show more then he has so far!

i was hoping benna would be there instead of Rovyn? Isn't he the guy who got kicked out for fighting in the race? So the high climb will be basso, kreuziger and hernandez. Basso better bring it. If he and kreuziger can do a monster ride that would be enough for contador to fend of sky. Kreuziger has shown a good form already.

Jelantik said:
i was hoping benna would be there instead of Rovyn? Isn't he the guy who got kicked out for fighting in the race? So the high climb will be basso, kreuziger and hernandez. Basso better bring it. If he and kreuziger can do a monster ride that would be enough for contador to fend of sky. Kreuziger has shown a good form already.
Rogers instead of Hernandez, rather.

Rode up mt.Teide today (with a car !) for the view etc. We were at a parking taking some pictures halfway up mt.teide and just after we left the parking I noticed some fluo yellow and indeed Alberto and his teammates flashed passed us as they went downhill. I really didn't expect to see them. Plenty of roads on mt.teide afterall.
When we went back I had some hope to see them again and indeed.... Just after we left a parking for some view photos they passed us again. So my brother managed to make a decent drive by shot of them.
Incredible that both times they passed us we had just left the parking else I could've taken some proper photos and maybe yell something at them like "go leash the dog in july!" :)
I'll post the pic when im back home. It's nothing special afterall, besides the fact that I made it....

Tossato passed us atleast 10 minutes after Contador, Rogers etc passed us. Poor guy!

Wish I could've wished Contador and his mates goodluck for the TdF and Giro, but i'm not the kind of guy that turns his car around for this. I mean they are just people as well and they allready have plenty of people harassing them :)

Also think I saw a sky rider, but not sure if that was a pro. Did see a lotto-nl rider though. He rode a bianchi as well, but no idea who it was. Who cares ;)

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hope Kreuziger is in 2013 Tour form and controls the race in the high mountains for Contador to attack only in the last 2 km to save energy for the tour.....also secretly hoping Contador can win the time trial stage

Re:

Kwibus said:
Rode up mt.Teide today (with a car !) for the view etc. We were at a parking taking some pictures halfway up mt.teide and just after we left the parking I noticed some fluo yellow and indeed Alberto and his teammates flashed passed us as they went downhill. I really didn't expect to see them. Plenty of roads on mt.teide afterall.
When we went back I had some hope to see them again and indeed.... Just after we left a parking for some view photos they passed us again. So my brother managed to make a decent drive by shot of them.
Incredible that both times they passed us we had just left the parking else I could've taken some proper photos and maybe yell something at them like "go leash the dog in july!" :)
I'll post the pic when im back home. It's nothing special afterall, besides the fact that I made it....

Tossato passed us atleast 10 minutes after Contador, Rogers etc passed us. Poor guy!

Wish I could've wished Contador and his mates goodluck for the TdF and Giro, but i'm not the kind of guy that turns his car around for this. I mean they are just people as well and they allready have plenty of people harassing them :)

Also think I saw a sky rider, but not sure if that was a pro. Did see a lotto-nl rider though. He rode a bianchi as well, but no idea who it was. Who cares ;)
Very cool Kwibus ! :) poor old Tosatto :D

Re:

Kwibus said:

Nice experience!! Maybe you will see them in town yet :). Yes please post the picture when you return and thanks for the story.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Tinkoff-Saxo for il Giro
- Contador
- Basso
- Hernández
- Jensen
- Kreuziger
- Paulinho
- Rogers
- Rovny
- Tosatto

I'm a bit surprised why Rovny is there instead of Boaro/Poljanski, but guess Oleg wants a Russian in the team...