Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 982 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
If I was there I would have to get on bike and at least ride a few miles with him before I drop him on the first climb :D

Seriously, a ride would be great.
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
ray j willings said:
I met Bertie in London a few years ago. I happened to have a cycling mag in my bag and he signed the picture of him in the mag. His manager or PA who was with him then took out a few posters they had in a bag and he signed one of them for me as well. I have the mag photo on my wall. The poster is still folded in my box of stuff buts going in a new frame in the hall. I offered it to Bertie's no 1 fan FrenchFighter on BR forum but he did not want :confused:
Bertie was in street clothes and he looked tiny almost like a jockey. I have seen him race a few times and he looks so much bigger on the bike "if you get me" A very nice chap.
That is such a nice story ray j :) I hope to see Alberto at the Tour start this year and get his signature ! :) about him looking tiny, He is not too big. And even riders like Cancellara look small and skinny in street clothes :D
What was nice is the fact I can't speak Portuguese and his English was not great at the time, yet Bertie and his PA were quite happy to sign and have a chat "sort of :D" not in any rush to get away whatsoever. Top man
 
ray j willings said:
What was nice is the fact I can't speak Portuguese and his English was not great at the time, yet Bertie and his PA were quite happy to sign and have a chat "sort of :D" not in any rush to get away whatsoever. Top man
Don't worry, Berto doesn't speak Portuguese either :p :p :p :p but yes, that's great
 

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
964
0
0
Looks like the TS guys are showing some form towards the Giro. Kreuziger and Kiserlovski were very strong today, and Chris Anker and Boaro did well.

Contador-Kreuziger-Kiserlovski-Rodgers-Basso-Boaro-Chris Anker-Benatti-Tosatto

That looks VERY strong in the mountain, with the first 5 riders, and there other riders are okay in hilly terrain too. Boaro, Rodgers, Benatti, Tosatto very strong on the flat too.
 
Re:

rm7 said:
Looks like the TS guys are showing some form towards the Giro. Kreuziger and Kiserlovski were very strong today, and Chris Anker and Boaro did well.

Contador-Kreuziger-Kiserlovski-Rodgers-Basso-Boaro-Chris Anker-Benatti-Tosatto

That looks VERY strong in the mountain, with the first 5 riders, and there other riders are okay in hilly terrain too. Boaro, Rodgers, Benatti, Tosatto very strong on the flat too.

Rogers is MIA. Anyone know where he is?
 

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
964
0
0
Re: Re:

Carols said:
rm7 said:
Looks like the TS guys are showing some form towards the Giro. Kreuziger and Kiserlovski were very strong today, and Chris Anker and Boaro did well.

Contador-Kreuziger-Kiserlovski-Rodgers-Basso-Boaro-Chris Anker-Benatti-Tosatto

That looks VERY strong in the mountain, with the first 5 riders, and there other riders are okay in hilly terrain too. Boaro, Rodgers, Benatti, Tosatto very strong on the flat too.

Rogers is MIA. Anyone know where he is?
He is doing the same schedule as last year. Because of his suspending last year he only did one race until the Giro, and he was very strong in both the Giro and Tour, so thats why they have decided to do the same programme.
 
Re: Re:

rm7 said:
Carols said:
rm7 said:
Looks like the TS guys are showing some form towards the Giro. Kreuziger and Kiserlovski were very strong today, and Chris Anker and Boaro did well.

Contador-Kreuziger-Kiserlovski-Rodgers-Basso-Boaro-Chris Anker-Benatti-Tosatto

That looks VERY strong in the mountain, with the first 5 riders, and there other riders are okay in hilly terrain too. Boaro, Rodgers, Benatti, Tosatto very strong on the flat too.

Rogers is MIA. Anyone know where he is?
He is doing the same schedule as last year. Because of his suspending last year he only did one race until the Giro, and he was very strong in both the Giro and Tour, so thats why they have decided to do the same programme.

Really? Where did you come by this info? Thanks!
 

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
964
0
0
Re: Re:

Carols said:
rm7 said:
Carols said:
rm7 said:
Looks like the TS guys are showing some form towards the Giro. Kreuziger and Kiserlovski were very strong today, and Chris Anker and Boaro did well.

Contador-Kreuziger-Kiserlovski-Rodgers-Basso-Boaro-Chris Anker-Benatti-Tosatto

That looks VERY strong in the mountain, with the first 5 riders, and there other riders are okay in hilly terrain too. Boaro, Rodgers, Benatti, Tosatto very strong on the flat too.

Rogers is MIA. Anyone know where he is?
He is doing the same schedule as last year. Because of his suspending last year he only did one race until the Giro, and he was very strong in both the Giro and Tour, so thats why they have decided to do the same programme.

Really? Where did you come by this info? Thanks!
I read it in an interview before the season, can't find the precise article. But he also says something similar in this interview one: http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/02/news/rogers-committed-helping-contador-take-shot-giro-tour-double_359835

Rogers races next at the Tour of Oman later this month before returning to Europe. He said the priority is helping Contador, but didn’t discount taking more shots at personal success when the calendar or circumstances open up opportunities.

“From here, I go to Oman, then the Giro and Tour. I’ve got a busy schedule this year,” he said. “I’m still in it to win it. I love it. I still love racing.”


It's not the exactly same schedule, but the point is that he'll skip the races in the spring like list year, and only train, so he can sustain a high level trough both the Giro and Tour.
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re: Re:

rm7 said:
Carols said:
rm7 said:
Carols said:
rm7 said:
Looks like the TS guys are showing some form towards the Giro. Kreuziger and Kiserlovski were very strong today, and Chris Anker and Boaro did well.

Contador-Kreuziger-Kiserlovski-Rodgers-Basso-Boaro-Chris Anker-Benatti-Tosatto

That looks VERY strong in the mountain, with the first 5 riders, and there other riders are okay in hilly terrain too. Boaro, Rodgers, Benatti, Tosatto very strong on the flat too.

Rogers is MIA. Anyone know where he is?
He is doing the same schedule as last year. Because of his suspending last year he only did one race until the Giro, and he was very strong in both the Giro and Tour, so thats why they have decided to do the same programme.

Really? Where did you come by this info? Thanks!
I read it in an interview before the season, can't find the precise article. But he also says something similar in this interview one: http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/02/news/rogers-committed-helping-contador-take-shot-giro-tour-double_359835

Rogers races next at the Tour of Oman later this month before returning to Europe. He said the priority is helping Contador, but didn’t discount taking more shots at personal success when the calendar or circumstances open up opportunities.

“From here, I go to Oman, then the Giro and Tour. I’ve got a busy schedule this year,” he said. “I’m still in it to win it. I love it. I still love racing.”


It's not the exactly same schedule, but the point is that he'll skip the races in the spring like list year, and only train, so he can sustain a high level trough both the Giro and Tour.
Thanks for info, very precious :) Altough I dont agree with you on the matter of improving TS riders (still weak, only Kreuziger and Boaro imo)
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
duh... TS boys finished TTT Romandie almost at the bottom of the list. So depressing, I can't even rooting them since they never seem to show up on the race. It's kinda annoying, the only time I can have a hope is when Contador lines up. I hope whatever their matra works: win the GT with Contador. Otherwise, someone is going to get fired, and some riders are going to be out of job by the end of the season. I'm crossing my finger that Contador will be flying and better than 2014. .. but that's all just speculation until we see him at the start of the Giro.. :D
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Jelantik said:
duh... TS boys finished TTT Romandie almost at the bottom of the list. So depressing, I can't even rooting them since they never seem to show up on the race. It's kinda annoying, the only time I can have a hope is when Contador lines up. I hope whatever their matra works: win the GT with Contador. Otherwise, someone is going to get fired, and some riders are going to be out of job by the end of the season. I'm crossing my finger that Contador will be flying and better than 2014. .. but that's all just speculation until we see him at the start of the Giro.. :D
I dont think he needs to be v. 2014 to beat that Giro competition, for Tour thats another question...
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvpumgVB7G0

De jongh says he can win both (obviously he's gonna say that) but it depends heavily on the giro and how much effort it'll cost to win it. So AC is clearly thinking of not going ham like in 2011 and saving as much energy as possible .

I'm prob wrong in thinking he'll win mtf's with more than a minute, even if he can do it i doubt he will do it if not necessary.

But i wonder if contador can control himself.
 
Mar 28, 2014
507
0
0
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
I think he will win like in the Vuelta, once he gets the jersey he'll control his rivals and maybe ride away in the last few meters for the stage win.
Sure, i think only in Mortirolo he' ll attack hard simulating Pantani winning alone :cool:
Other times he will control the opponents, maybe attacking in the last 2 km
 
Holy Smokes this was kept under wraps:
"The one hiccup, a micro-fissure in the sacrum – a minute but painful crack in a bone in the lower back, caused by the crash in the closing kilometres of the second last stage of the Volta a Catalunya in late March – was discovered with a hospital visit a week after he started training in the Canaries"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/alberto-contador-exclusive-recovered-from-injury-and-ready-for-the-giro-ditalia

He says he's where he wants to be so hopefully he will be ready in 10 days!
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re:

Carols said:
Holy Smokes this was kept under wraps:
"The one hiccup, a micro-fissure in the sacrum – a minute but painful crack in a bone in the lower back, caused by the crash in the closing kilometres of the second last stage of the Volta a Catalunya in late March – was discovered with a hospital visit a week after he started training in the Canaries"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/alberto-contador-exclusive-recovered-from-injury-and-ready-for-the-giro-ditalia

He says he's where he wants to be so hopefully he will be ready in 10 days!
wow :eek: thats a shocker for me, hopefully it didnt affect his preparation too much :mad:
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Tinkoff-Saxo for il Giro
- Contador
- Basso
- Hernández
- Jensen
- Kreuziger
- Paulinho
- Rogers
- Rovny
- Tosatto
He has the best team in the giro, you don't have to worry about that at least fleur ;)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY