• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 987 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vino's Mum said:
ray j willings said:
The Future
contador-alberto_0.jpg

Bert: Aw yiss, I got this. And the yellow jersey.
Talansky: Whatevs. Until tomorrow.
Hesj: Dudes, wait. Do you like my new sunglasses?
Froomey: ♥HMMMM, BEAUTIFUL STEM!!!♥
:p :p

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
ferryman said:
You are joking. As a 'smaller' man myself, that's as pretty much good as it gets power/weight loss wise on the bike..trust me..he is ready..
Maybe... I don't understand why he never seems to lose weight on his upper body.. only his legs get smaller..
Top heavy picture leaning forward. His legs will be as big as his shoulders..trust me...all is good with your boy ;)

ferryman said:
Top heavy picture leaning forward. His legs will be as big as his shoulders..trust me...all is good with your boy ;)
I wasn't talking about just that picture
9hi8lv.jpg

2j0h3tl.jpg

his legs look strangely thin for those of a pro cyclist, and he could easily look 3-4kg of excess muscle and fat on his upper body
there are even more unflattering pictures but I refuse to post them :p

LaFlorecita said:
Velolover2 said:
Lolwut?? :D Both Froome and Bertie look kinda average to me. Froome looks a little like ET though.

et-600x450.jpg
well yes they are both not incredibly handsome, I just think Berto has something women find attractive :p I don't know how else to explain the number of fangirls he has :p
Maybe. But of "the big 4", I'm pretty sure most would go with Nibali. The Italians and Spanish are just better looking in general. Better skin, better quality of the hair (they are not balding), always able to grow a full beard, no british teeth.

Velolover2 said:
Maybe. But of "the big 4", I'm pretty sure most would go with Nibali. The Italians and Spanish are just better looking in general. Better skin, better quality of the hair (they are not balding), always able to grow a full beard, no british teeth.
I don't know, I haven't found as many Nibali fangirls on social media, but then again I haven't really searched all that well either :) I think Nibali and Alberto are pretty even objectively

LaFlorecita said:
ferryman said:
9hi8lv.jpg

2j0h3tl.jpg

his legs look strangely thin for those of a pro cyclist, and he could easily look 3-4kg of excess muscle and fat on his upper body
Stop trolling please :p

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Seems like laforecita prefers spidery thin arms and upper bodies. I know a cyclist or two who have achieved this, but this is probably not the thread to post them.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
rune1107 said:
Uran certainly not looking good in Romandie! Looks like Giro will be between Bertie - Richie - Aru

Well still a week to go, and the mountains in the first two weeks aren't that hard. He could be in pink when they enter the 3rd week - after the ITT ofc.

rm7 said:
rune1107 said:
Uran certainly not looking good in Romandie! Looks like Giro will be between Bertie - Richie - Aru

Well still a week to go, and the mountains in the first two weeks aren't that hard. He could be in pink when they enter the 3rd week - after the ITT ofc.

Well, you may be right. But I still believe that Bertie will use early stages (Abetone, Campitello Matese) to gain time on Uran, if Uran enters the Giro in his current shape.

LaFlorecita said:
ferryman said:
9hi8lv.jpg

2j0h3tl.jpg

It's your imagination. His legs are no thinner than most of his grand tour gc rivals. Actually Froome's and Wiggins at height of grand tour contending years are/were thinner looking to me.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Maybe it's the huge upper body that makes his legs look super thin :confused: :p

I think you've gone a bit bonkers, LaFlo. :) Short of extracting a rib or two or perhaps filing down a shoulder blade here and there, he can't lose much more at this point. He's got a GT to get through. He's going to look like a cadaver by the end of it if he loses much more now. God forbid he has limbs like Froome or Wiggins, because they are horribly skeletal to me. Better being lean, balanced and healthy than an aetiolated skeleton as far as I'm concerned.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Velolover2 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Velolover2 said:
Lolwut?? :D Both Froome and Bertie look kinda average to me. Froome looks a little like ET though.

et-600x450.jpg
well yes they are both not incredibly handsome, I just think Berto has something women find attractive :p I don't know how else to explain the number of fangirls he has :p

I can't believe the stereotyping , As a brit i'm offended and post a photo of myself in defence of your comments

18lro3319hvdhjpg.jpg