• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 988 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
peloton said:
Is he on a training ride, or riding the Giro after all? :confused:

348msms.png
Maybe
https://twitter.com/jesushernandez3/status/595086387365445632

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Well i doubt that's a maybe. He ain't going to the usa a week before the giro just for the *** of it. Boara prob in his place.

If this is a move of tinkov, then good move. Hernandez is pretty much useless, he can provide help in maybe a few MTF's but that's it.

Boara will definitely be more usefull in the TTT. Saxo can win that now.

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Don't panic everyone.

Think the Giro is nailed on for Contador. Not a huge fan of his, but I am full of admiration for a true legend.

Aru seems out of sorts, Uran doesn't look great ... Perhaps Porte can challenge until his bad day or two.

As for the tour? Who knows, its a complete mystery with the current form for the main contenders.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Such was the ferocity of Contador’s initial acceleration that one rider in the leading group would privately admit afterwards that he didn’t respond because he assumed it was the television motorbike flashing past. “I just felt this rush on my shoulder. I looked around for Contador before I realised he was already up the road,” he said

:D

Very versatile team! Kreuziger, Rogers and Basso for high mountains - Boaro, Paulinho, Rovny for medium mountain stages and Juul-Jensen, Tosatto for flat stages. Could they top 3 in the TTT? Rogers, Boaro, Bertie, Juul-Jensen, Tosatto all very good TT'ers!

Re:

rune1107 said:
Very versatile team! Kreuziger, Rogers and Basso for high mountains - Boaro, Paulinho, Rovny for medium mountain stages and Juul-Jensen, Tosatto for flat stages. Could they top 3 in the TTT? Rogers, Boaro, Bertie, Juul-Jensen, Tosatto all very good TT'ers!

Where did you find this quote? Or is it fake?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Carols said:
The TS lineup announced: At the start in Sanremo, Tinkoff-Saxo lines up Alberto Contador, Roman Kreuziger, Michael Rogers, Ivan Basso, Sergio Paulinho, Manuele Boaro, Matteo Tosatto, Christopher Juul-Jensen and Ivan Rovny.

hmm, this is the first time (if my memory served) that Contador goes to the GT race without Hernandez. I bet his roomy is going to be Basso? I guess Contador is now mature, he didn't have to always have his close nit friend like he used to be. He must like his new team mate. Great for him.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
rune1107 said:
Uran certainly not looking good in Romandie! Looks like Giro will be between Bertie - Richie - Aru

i thought the same thing too. With yo-yoing froome he couldn't even match him. He is supposed to be either in the top form or close to the top form.

Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
Carols said:
The TS lineup announced: At the start in Sanremo, Tinkoff-Saxo lines up Alberto Contador, Roman Kreuziger, Michael Rogers, Ivan Basso, Sergio Paulinho, Manuele Boaro, Matteo Tosatto, Christopher Juul-Jensen and Ivan Rovny.

hmm, this is the first time (if my memory served) that Contador goes to the GT race without Hernandez. I bet he's roomy is going to be Basso? I guess Contador is now mature, he didn't have to always have his close nit friend like he used to be. He must like his new team mate. Great for him.
Roomie will be Paulinho duh

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:
Very interesting news about Jesus, maybe he is going for TdF.I agree with what Jelantik said ;)
Great team, cant wait!
Seriously hope they'll send Jesus to la Vuelta, Alberto needs the best team possible for the Tour
Thats true,but Im worried that they promised him a GT with Berto :eek: :D

ILovecycling said:
LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:
Very interesting news about Jesus, maybe he is going for TdF.I agree with what Jelantik said ;)
Great team, cant wait!
Seriously hope they'll send Jesus to la Vuelta, Alberto needs the best team possible for the Tour
Thats true,but Im worried that they promised him a GT with Berto :eek: :D

I dont think they'll allow that though. Which rider should Jesus push out of the TDF line-up? He doesn't have Tour quality. But I get your point, and if Kreuziger receive a ban, there could be a climber spot open, although it would be a big minus for the TTT! So it comes down to what Bertie values the most. A strong dependable domestique, or his best friend by his side.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
About time they stop carrying Paulinho around that's what. He had one single moment of decenct riding in the last 4 years and has been dead weight since then.

Its pretty obvious why Paulinho is in the team. He does a job full stop. Nothing more is asked.

ray j willings said:
BigMac said:
About time they stop carrying Paulinho around that's what. He had one single moment of decenct riding in the last 4 years and has been dead weight since then.

Its pretty obvious why Paulinho is in the team. He does a job full stop. Nothing more is asked.

Badly. He's now usually the first to drop and cannot handle the slightest slope anymore. Others could take his role and do a better job. The only obvious reason is that he is second best friend to Contador, after Jesus.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

BigMac said:
ray j willings said:
BigMac said:

Badly. He's now usually the first to drop and cannot handle the slightest slope anymore. Others could take his role and do a better job. The only obvious reason is that he is second best friend to Contador, after Jesus.
tens razão, eu como português gostava que o sérgio fosse uma mais valia para o contador mas parece que já não consegue impor ritmos altos nas montanhas