• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 370 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mick Rogers:
"Alberto is a rider who runs off a lot of emotion - he uses a lot of emotion in the race. Whereas Chris is very calculated and Bradley was very calculated last year. They know their limits," he said.

In other words my kind of rider, one who competes with emotion, passion and panache!!!! Limits are made to be exceeded and if you never try to stretch them you never will :)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
this is not a good start for contador. First day crashed... Corsica should be banned from being the tour route. what kind of finish is that? 100 people in narrow road. All sprinters wiped out. Hesjedal crashed too. I know it's the tour, but is this the entertainment??

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
It's all over for Contador yet, not even close. He shouldn't lose any time, only worry is if he is injured (lets wait and see on that).

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
i rewatched the crash, i found Contador. He didn't crash hard. He crashed on some riders but it didn't seem bad at all. It's hard to say of course but at first sight it didn't look that bad.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Mauduit (DS Saxo-Tinkoff) : "Not big injuries for Contador. He's fine right now. We'll see after the night how he's feeling"

Stay positive fleur ;)

It's a positive sign but we can only really know in the race, if contador would attack on stage 3 we can be sure that he's ok then :p

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Mauduit (DS Saxo-Tinkoff) : "Not big injuries for Contador. He's fine right now. We'll see after the night how he's feeling"

That's a relief, will likely be sore but has time to recover before the big GC stages.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
What a pity!

He has already his excuse if he fail: I put everything for the TdF, but I crash the first day.

It was the same last year for Valverde and Mollema, and it was quite a problem, so, it could happen with him.

Hope to see him in the Vuelta if he is not ok.

Seriously? Your already saying Contador is going to use this as an excuse should he not do well. :rolleyes:

Lets just wait and see, Like Hitch pointed out it wouldn't be a surprise if it turns out that the crash does affect him despite things looking okay for now.

Afrank said:
Seriously? Your already saying Contador is going to use this as an excuse should he not do well. :rolleyes:

Lets just wait and see, Like Hitch pointed out it wouldn't be a surprise if it turns out that the crash does affect him despite things looking okay for now.

Just hoping it really isn't to serious and he can be a contender :(

What a muck up of a way to start le Tour.....:(

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 6m
Contador says he doesn't think anything is broken. He did however hurt his left shoulder and right knee. #tdf

doesn't sound super optimistic

TRENDING THREADS