• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 408 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Perhaps it should tell you something about Froome and Contador when Contador is much more popular.

Froome will get his audience believe. He has them on the forum right now too and most of them are are too mature and intelligent to argue.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
Froome will get his audience believe. He has them on the forum right now too and most of them are are too mature and intelligent to argue.

Well, Lance Armstrong 1 had millions of fans, Lance Armstrong 2 aka Christopher Froome came into the world of disillusion of superheroes bots, so it's a tough job for him.

But I heard a rumour that Richie Porte is a big intelligent and mature fan of Chris Froome!

May 28, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Perhaps it should tell you something about Froome and Contador when Contador is much more popular.

Of course, Alberto's the overwhelming underdog. Remember when he was booed in 2011? The general audience thinks on short terms.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Lol yea the skybots are sure more intelligent and mature than other fans :rolleyes: the truth is, Froome is just not that likeable unless you're a british chauvinist.

He does come seem a bit over-confident at times but that's natural after the success he's had this year. If anything I think he comes across as a nice guy in most of the interviews I've seen him in. Quite the opposite to Wiggins who I can understand why some may dislike.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Of course, Alberto's the overwhelming underdog. Remember when he was booed in 2011? The general audience thinks on short terms.

Had nothing to do with that at all. The french public didn't like him cause of the steak-case and the fact that he might have gotten away with it.

Edit: Riis still believes in it. Is it really all advertisement? I don't think that's their style, well i hope so.

I'm still hoping for the Riis-magic.

gooner said:
He does come seem a bit over-confident at times but that's natural after the success he's had this year. If anything I think he comes across as a nice guy in most of the interviews I've seen him in. Quite the opposite to Wiggins who I can understand why some may dislike.

http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=2583.msg108114#msg108114

Pro: in post race interviews he seems like a nice guy, seems!
Cons:
-comes across as a **** in many interviews
-seems to see himself as a cycling god
-arrogant, seems to believe he is unbeatable
-his gf
-his fanboys gloating and badgering + insulting Alberto - leave him alone FFS!
-him accusing Alberto of doping - show some respect, Alberto shows plenty respect for you + I despise veiled accusations even more than regular accusations
-Brailsfraud talking as if he invented all this science sh*t
-Porte pretty arrogant as well, publicly stating he doesn't see how anyone can beat him and Froome in the tour
-LA talk all over again! Revolutionized training, diets, etc. You aren't fooling me.
-doesn't want to be transparent about anything except "I never doped!"
-him being the new ASO sweetheart, Prudhomme: "I find Froome very elegant in his way of speaking with a sweet voice & his eyes are very expressive"
-"my results are proof cycling has changed"
-the ridiculous they were doped we are clean argument, Froome can win because dopers stopped doping, while he would've beaten LA on two occasions on Ax3
-pseudo scientist argument, no one can evaluate data except for skyborg
-mad at journos for asking dark side questions, "we are clean okay?!"

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
velorooms.com/index.php?topic=2583.msg108114#msg108114

Many of the reasons are more Brailsford and even in one you just mentioned Porte. Prudhomme and his fans behaviour also have got nothing got to do with him either. They are accountable for that. I already said he is over confident but that's understandable after the season he's had. Success breeds confidence. That goes in all sports. Any interviews I've seen him in he comes as a nice guy. He is far from Wiggins I can assure you.

gooner said:
Many of the reasons are more Brailsford and even in one you just mentioned Porte. Prudhomme and his fans behaviour also have got nothing got to do with him either. They are accountable for that. I already said he is over confident but that's understandable after the season he's had. Success breeds confidence. That goes in all sports. Any interviews I've seen him in he comes as a nice guy. He is far from Wiggins I can assure you.

they're all reasons I dislike Froome though:)

LaFlorecita said:
Lol yea the skybots are sure more intelligent and mature than other fans :rolleyes: the truth is, Froome is just not that likeable unless you're a british chauvinist.

What a big amount of BS opinion.

You are a fanatic, no more, this is cycling, not football, you are like in Spain Madrid-Barça supporters...

I dont understand the meaning of skybot, but I guees you are an Contabot, I respect the contabot if they respect the rest of cycling fans...
I consider myself a cyclingbot...and proud of that.
I am sorry about your frustration, I have lived that sometimes.. I lived that with Mayo, I reacted similar to you...

We warned of this before the TdF, you almost laught, so now take it easy, man.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I think we can all agree that Froome is the strongest in this race. Leaving counter attacking options open. Is Contador the type of guy who, would be happy to lose GC ground to see a team mate take a shot a yellow?

LaFlorecita said:
I miss Hitch

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=16509

Unfortunately he turned out to be a fair weather fan.

I guess us Contador fans will have to live on without the creator of the "Contador family"

Sad.

So being realistic is now a bad thing?

Chances of Contador winning this years tour according to himself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yypE0rq0gr4

This post coming from a guy that predicted Contador winning the vuelta on fuente de after being defeated three days in a row by Purito on the tripitico

Ofc the reasons why i think this are all better explained in the clinic which is why i barely post on this section of the forum except for race threads. . .

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

Nobody knows anywhere near the amount of detail on Froome as they do Contador. And trust me Contador isn't as popular as he was in 2010 and earlier ;)

TRENDING THREADS