• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 409 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
darwin553 said:
Nobody knows anywhere near the amount of detail on Froome as they do Contador. And trust me Contador isn't as popular as he was in 2010 and earlier ;)

turst you? when did you even start watching cycling?

Contadors popularity sky rocketed in 2011 when he went to use this forums new favourtie saying "full genius" in the final stages, attacking on what was considered a rest day in gap, then again on the descent to pinerolo and most epicly 100km from the finish on the telegraphe.

even ligget and sherwen said contador was winning fans.

should have won you over too. If it wasn't for Contador, that Australian (wooo Australia, smash head against wall, drink beer, woooo!!) would not have won the TDF, seeing as he cracked both Schleck and Voeckler.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Bjarne optimism reminded me of when he got andy. We knew he said the same thing with andy lost to contador in the middle of the TDF. We all know andy didn't win TDF *except in the court* but andy did go bezerk that got him only 1 day in yellow jersey before he gave it up back to evans. So what's cookin' behind the saxo team now??

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-we-are-not-giving-up-on-tour-de-france-victory

Interview with rogers seems never given any insight. I couldn't tell whether he is happy with the team, or he feels like as a road captain but contador ignored him. He is hard to read from his interview.

contador comment:
http://teamsaxotinkoff.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=4110

rogers interview:
http://www.steephill.tv/players/720...shboard=tour-de-france&id=36324419643&yr=2013

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
turst you? when did you even start watching cycling?

Contadors popularity sky rocketed in 2011 when he went to use this forums new favourtie saying "full genius" in the final stages, attacking on what was considered a rest day in gap, then again on the descent to pinerolo and most epicly 100km from the finish on the telegraphe.

So are you saying that after he has come back from his doping ban, he has become even more popular? Is that possible? Should that be possible?

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
darwin553 said:
So are you saying that after he has come back from his doping ban, he has become even more popular? Is that possible? Should that be possible?

It is possible, he still makes cycling entertaining (when in form), he always tries to win rather than just get pulled along and then attack last 1-2km and otherwise gain time on ITT.

Fans love to see attacks and fun riding, which is why attacking riders like Quintana quickly gets a lot of fans.

I hope we will get some real moutains battles with lots of early attacks, to be honest i dont really care who wins. I would love AC to do it, but i would not mind Froome or anyone else, as long as the race is fun to watch and not decided on first mountain stage.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
boringboy said:
It is possible, he still makes cycling entertaining (when in form), he always tries to win rather than just get pulled along and then attack last 1-2km and otherwise gain time on ITT.

Fans love to see attacks and fun riding, which is why attacking riders like Quintana quickly gets a lot of fans.

I hope we will get some real moutains battles with lots of early attacks, to be honest i dont really care who wins. I would love AC to do it, but i would not mind Froome or anyone else, as long as the race is fun to watch and not decided on first mountain stage.

Only the most ardent fans think it is possible, I am a realist and realise that Armstrong didn't make any gains in his Tweeter followers after January's announcement.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
darwin553 said:
Only the most ardent fans think it is possible, I am a realist and realise that Armstrong didn't make any gains in his Tweeter followers after January's announcement.

I think there is quite a difference to what LA announced and to what happened to AC, but that might be for a discussion elsewhere.

I do however still think fans love to see entertaining cycling, rather than a train pulling everyone apart before the leader, and his faithful lieutenant, go to the front and drop everyone, at least that is my opinion.

I also still hope we can see some action, I would think Purito and AC might give a go, add Quintana and maybe Cadel Evans to the mix and you might get a decent break away. Doubt they will be able to take Yellow from Froome but would love to see him under pressure and maybe loose a bit of time.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
This is a question to self-affixated AC fans - does it make easier to forgive him and continue to support him despite his past given who his main competitor is now?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
oh my.. we are still debating who's popular? Just check contador's twitter follower vs Froome follower. Maybe that debate can be settled now.

Back to contador, I've been searching the internet to read any comment from contador. It doesn't seem he is down beat as some poster here said. In fact, he seemed to have a little confidence and hope for the third week.

darwin553 said:
This is a question to self-affixated AC fans - does it make easier to forgive him and continue to support him despite his past given who his main competitor is now?

Face it the guy is popular (independent of who is main competitor is or was or will be in the future) pretending otherwise makes you look silly.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Lol yea the skybots are sure more intelligent and mature than other fans :rolleyes: the truth is, Froome is just not that likeable unless you're a british chauvinist.

Yes, the forum guys who support Sky are very nice, but willbick sometimes. They obviously doesn't suffer from blind fanatism. These guys would handle Contador's win peacefully which you refused to do with Froome. There's a principal difference.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Publicus said:
Face it the guy is popular (independent of who is main competitor is or was or will be in the future) pretending otherwise makes you look silly.

See I don't think it is as simple as you put it to be. People like an under-dog to which Contador is one now.

Despite this, I still regard people who attack Froome but follow Contador as hypocrites for following him considering his past.

darwin553 said:
See I don't think it is as simple as you put it to be. People like an under-dog to which Contador is one now.

Despite this, I still regard people who attack Froome but follow Contador as hypocrites for following him considering his past.

Nothing hypocritcal about it. For all of Froome's (new found) talent, he lacks (in my opinion) the panache of a Contador. Though i dont attack Froome so much as I marvel at significantly higher level.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
Nothing hypocritcal about it. For all of Froome's (new found) talent, he lacks (in my opinion) the panache of a Contador. Though i dont attack Froome so much as I marvel at significantly higher level.

The thing is many AC fans unsubstantially accuse Froome of a thing Contador was suspended for. They simply don't want to put up with the fact that a stronger rider hit the scene and strongly imply how it is unfair, jokey and ridiculous. Hypocrisy is in this. At least I'm glad Froome prepared part of people for such a scale of domination earlier in the season otherwise the forum would have been collapsed.

What do we observe? Nothing radically new. Contador is approximately at his Vuelta level, equal to Alex and a bit stronger than Rodriguez on the climbs. We just see what fresh Froome is capable of.

Taxus4a said:
What a big amount of BS opinion.

You are a fanatic, no more, this is cycling, not football, you are like in Spain Madrid-Barça supporters...

I dont understand the meaning of skybot, but I guees you are an Contabot, I respect the contabot if they respect the rest of cycling fans...
I consider myself a cyclingbot...and proud of that.
I am sorry about your frustration, I have lived that sometimes.. I lived that with Mayo, I reacted similar to you...

We warned of this before the TdF, you almost laught, so now take it easy, man.

Wtf? You don't have a clue do you?

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Ignore list is getting longer. It's good, that there are people who help me in this way. On the other hand I can't understand the others why are they replying to him.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha I think Tinkov was drunk as a skunk last night. He twitter from last night is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/olegtinkov

Here is just a few of them - go read the rest for a good laugh:

Oleg Tinkov‏@olegtinkov9h
Chris Froome is surprisingly strong. But I still in believe with @TeamSaxoTinkoff and @albertocontador . Guys let's fire, go and **** them!

Oleg Tinkov‏@olegtinkov8h
No Mercy for SKY, I watch @YouTube anyway! From Saturday on, GO and tore them apart OR die on the road, my dear @TeamSaxoTinkoff . $$$$$$$$$

Who is gonna win #TdF2013 ? Yes, #TdF will win @albertocontador !
He must, the bridges are fired. We will help, $$$ are available @tcsbank

And remember WORLD #Russia and #tcsbank have been never defeated in the history! We own 30% of the World's terra, why we give up #TdF ? NO!

@loide76 i think yourself is an *******! This is my twitter, Amigo. Buenos noches

@FrandysBikeShop no, i am jerking off at my tuscany villa)

@bambula who was that? are you secret mistress of froome or what?

This is my real account, stop trolling me,please! I just got Magnum of Petrus82 with beluga caviar that's why #TdF will be @TeamSaxoTinkoff

Ok dudes, I go sleep now. All the best! And, don't think it was just fun, it was partially! WE WILL WIN #TDF2013! @albertocontador #tcsbank

Oleg Tinkov‏@olegtinkov7m
@andersbendixen oh dear.. Was it me last night?

darwin553 said:

What :D Nobody even knew Froome when Alberto tested positive :D I don't forgive him, he shouldn't have done it but hey that's cycling.

What you don't understand is that many cycling fans accept that riders may be doping.

Cimber said:
Hahaha I think Tinkov was drunk as a skunk last night. He twitter from last night is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/olegtinkov

Here is just a few of them - go read the rest for a good laugh:

Oleg Tinkov‏@olegtinkov9h
Chris Froome is surprisingly strong. But I still in believe with @TeamSaxoTinkoff and @albertocontador . Guys let's fire, go and **** them!

No Mercy for SKY, I watch @YouTube anyway! From Saturday on, GO and tore them apart OR die on the road, my dear @TeamSaxoTinkoff . $$$$$$$$$

Who is gonna win #TdF2013 ? Yes, #TdF will win @albertocontador !
He must, the bridges are fired. We will help, $$$ are available @tcsbank

And remember WORLD #Russia and #tcsbank have been never defeated in the history! We own 30% of the World's terra, why we give up #TdF ? NO!

@loide76 i think yourself is an *******! This is my twitter, Amigo. Buenos noches

@FrandysBikeShop no, i am jerking off at my tuscany villa)

@bambula who was that? are you secret mistress of froome or what?

This is my real account, stop trolling me,please! I just got Magnum of Petrus82 with beluga caviar that's why #TdF will be @TeamSaxoTinkoff

Ok dudes, I go sleep now. All the best! And, don't think it was just fun, it was partially! WE WILL WIN #TDF2013! @albertocontador #tcsbank

Oleg Tinkov‏@olegtinkov7m
@andersbendixen oh dear.. Was it me last night?

No way :D awesome

airstream said:
The thing is many AC fans unsubstantially accuse Froome of a thing Contador was suspended for. They simply don't want to put up with the fact that a stronger rider hit the scene and strongly imply how it is unfair, jokey and ridiculous. Hypocrisy is in this. At least I'm glad Froome prepared part of people for such a scale of domination earlier in the season otherwise the forum would have been collapsed.

What do we observe? Nothing radically new. Contador is approximately at his Vuelta level, equal to Alex and a bit stronger than Rodriguez on the climbs. We just see what fresh Froome is capable of.

Airstream wtf. No Alberto is not at his vuelta level. That's pure BS.

TRENDING THREADS