• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 498 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BdyOQc4IcAAAH-z.jpg

Cute

Very cool team jacket too

@dwuori: Contador catches up with his old pals, the Schlecks, while in Gran Canaria.

Lol

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
The team is doing a 1 month training camp on GC, isnt it the first time they done such a long one? It usually been 2 weeks if I recall...

I hope they will reveal the new kit on tuesday during the team presentation, hope its not to russian inspired, crazy fashion in that part of the world :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If Contador really will be his old self again there shouldn't be such thing as rui costa vs AC in algarve.

He should crush him, but hey that's me hoping to see AC from '09 :(

Butterhead said:
The team is doing a 1 month training camp on GC, isnt it the first time they done such a long one? It usually been 2 weeks if I recall...

I hope they will reveal the new kit on tuesday during the team presentation, hope its not to russian inspired, crazy fashion in that part of the world :D

The peloton could use some crazy fashion these days :D

Miburo said:
If Contador really will be his old self again there shouldn't be such thing as rui costa vs AC in algarve.

He should crush him, but hey that's me hoping to see AC from '09 :(

Looking at the provisional startlist it will be an interesting race.

Kwiatkowski and Martin will be present for OPQS and they can put a lot of time into Contador in the TT.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
That is too true:D

after his tweets about the Trek kit Tinkov better come up with something fancy:p

Im pretty sure he will, that man doesnt do anything normal :D
By the way, this is posted on the teams site:

The official team launch and presentation will take place on Tuesday 14th January at Anfi Tauro resort, Gran Canaria, where the new strip, the full team, bikes and equipment will all be formally unveiled to the world.

Ps. must say Tinkovs tweets found a more normal language today, question is what happens if they fail in the tour...

But Im optimistic, it seems the preparations are going much different than last year, and besides Riis will be more involved in the personal training than he have been the last couple of years, cant wait for Algarve...

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Looking at the provisional startlist it will be an interesting race.

Kwiatkowski and Martin will be present for OPQS and they can put a lot of time into Contador in the TT.

That is yet to be seen Florecita, they been working a lot on the TT bikes this winter.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Chris Froome had behind him a PERFECT campaign. Contador needed to resurrect and clearly failed. I can't see Contador being a reference in the Top scenarios, anymore...

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
This Contador lacks anaerobic power both in the climbs and ITT's, which was his main gun in the past. Xplosiveness is going down... so there's no way he could make the gaps of previous years.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
In the documentary Riis - forfra, Riis said in the car during the tour, that AC had his problems with the allergy and were only on 80%, impossible to compete with these problems Riis said, and also gave the very cold spring the blame.

Hopefully things will be better this season, and hopefully the weather will be nicer to.

AC just past his 30s, the man is by any means not over the hill yet, though a lot of people hope he is, I think he feels he have a lot to prove from last years disaster, and some people here will have to eat their words.... I hope ;)

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Butterhead said:
In the documentary Riis - forfra, Riis said in the car during the tour, that AC had his problems with the allergy and were only on 80%, impossible to compete with these problems Riis said, and also gave the very cold spring the blame.

Hopefully things will be better this season, and hopefully the weather will be nicer to.

AC just past his 30s, the man is by any means not over the hill yet, though a lot of people hope he is, I think he feels he have a lot to prove from last years disaster, and some people here will have to eat their words.... I hope ;)

And what happened the whole season? We can't skip the reality in this way...

This guy had to be a psychological stronghold for two years. Massive pressure, massive exposure and still very good results. In hindsight, even if he was physically ok in 2013, it didn´t came as a surprise that after he proved himself beating JRod, Froome and Piti in Vuelta 2012, that those two years knock him big during 2013. Now, in those pics, more than fit and lean I see Conta confident. This, and the fact that the spotlight is on Sky and Froome, can be a catalyst for the big comeback of Contador's huge engine. Preety sure he still has some GT wins in his legs. Hope that's the Tour.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Butterhead said:

I read somewhere that Dan Martin has some issue with allergy as well. And he went to get some treatment, and it worked. That's why he is able to compete in april and may. Maybe Contador should ask Martin where he got his treatment.

TRENDING THREADS