• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 502 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Jelantik said:
Yup. Lots of contender. Looks like Froome, (possibly wiggins), Evans, Molema, Gesink, Uran, Van den brook, kreuziger, roche so far. Add quintana, nibali, tejay, purito and valverde, porte, horner, we can get star stud giro/tour/vuelta contenders in one race. *my dream of course*:D

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tirreno_Adriatico_2014-Startlist

Wow, that would be some dream.
And it wouldnt only be a fight between contenders but also between teams if this would be the line up.

I agree Jelantik, very nice dream indeed. ;)

Ps: are those names on the list confirmed already?

Angliru said:
...and I'm entitled to agree or disagree with those statements. All evidence from Miburo's and your posts after the Tour led me to believe that there was something more there than just Contador "making mistakes" that led to the sudden turn of support. From one extreme to another can't be explained away by a rider just making mistakes. Maybe hatred is too strong a word but it certainly isn't the love in that it was prior to the Tour's ending.

Wah wah wah. You are worse than Florecita when she started this thread. Anyone who doesn't offer sufficient praise to Contador at every turn is a "hater", on "the other extreme".

Learn to talk with people, not shut your ears and shout "hater" everytime you don't like what they say.

The Hitch said:
Wah wah wah. You are worse than Florecita when she started this thread. Anyone who doesn't offer sufficient praise to Contador at every turn is a "hater", on "the other extreme".

Learn to talk with people, not shut your ears and shout "hater" everytime you don't like what they say.

I take it this is you setting an example on the proper way to talk to people?:rolleyes:

The day that I start taking posting and social interaction advice from you is the day that I declare myself insane. Thanks anyway.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
This is so funny

Sky_troje_.jpg

Sorry, but it is :D Put SKY on the back and he would take it with him to bed to...ok bad joke. :p

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
The only relevant thing regarding discussion about Contador's 2013 Tour performance is whether the drop in the ability is permanent or temporary.
If he could have done more - he would, and that's it. Anyone can accept it the way he wants.
Hopefully, we'll have some indicators about the character of the 2013 drop before next May.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Carols said:
Wrong thread I think :)

Omg, how can anything you post in here be wrong, have you seen all the other bs that people posts in here that have absolutely nothing to do with AC, at least Vroome is his biggest rival, so some connection is justified I think. ;)

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Not reading too much into it, but on the last training camp the team had a small test on a climb.
Alberto was the first on top, followed by Majka soon after.
The last time Alberto was able to drop Majka on a training camp was back in -11.
There is hope :)

peloton said:
Not reading too much into it, but on the last training camp the team had a small test on a climb.
The last time Alberto was able to drop Majka on a training camp was back in -11.

WTF seriously? Contador wasn't even good enough to drop Majka last year? My god that is awful for a guy that said he wanted to win the Tour.

Taking that into consideration i think it's pretty safe to say that without the Valverdada not only would Valverde finish ahead of him, but also Costa. :eek:

Not to mention that Kreuziger was also stronger than Contador. . .

peloton said:

Where did you see that he couldn't drop Majka since 2011?????

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ai ai... this talk about 2013... i think it's kinda a moot point. Now it's 2014. Start new. Start fresh. woulda coulda shoulda just a talk. Fact is Quintana, Porte and Evans have all started their opening campaign with a big bang. Nibali (even Boonen+Sagan was faster in ITT than him) and Purito .. not so much. (at least not yet)

Next Febuary, we will see wiggins, froome, roche, kreuziger, contador open their season. I can't wait to see how contador will start his new season. Even though first race doesn't always mean how their year will look like but .. ow well, last year, Froome started with a win, and Nibali started with podium finish then a win at TA, we know how the year went for both of them. Quintana has made a noise down in argentina, Evan and Porte in down under. So are we going to hear lots of noise from oman? malorca? and Portugal? If Contador can't win anything prior to TDF, now.. that's a good topic to talk about...:D

Jelantik said:
ai ai... this talk about 2013... i think it's kinda a moot point. Now it's 2014. Start new. Start fresh. woulda coulda shoulda just a talk. Fact is Quintana, Porte and Evans have all started their opening campaign with a big bang. Nibali (even Boonen+Sagan was faster in ITT than him) and Purito .. not so much. (at least not yet)

Next Febuary, we will see wiggins, froome, roche, kreuziger, contador open their season. I can't wait to see how contador will start his new season. Even though first race doesn't always mean how their year will look like but .. ow well, last year, Froome started with a win, and Nibali started with podium finish then a win at TA, we know how the year went for both of them. Quintana has made a noise down in argentina, Evan and Porte in down under. So are we going to hear lots of noise from oman? malorca? and Portugal? If Contador can't win anything prior to TDF, now.. that's a good topic to talk about...:D

He started with a 10th in San luis last year. ;)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:

Vino attacks everyone said:
He started with a 10th in San luis last year. ;)

:D sorry. I mean podium in Oman. Forgot he started in Argentina with 10th.

TRENDING THREADS