• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 539 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Lexman said:
more structure, more intensity, more rest period, not overtrain, avoid fatigue, controlling his trainings and in fonction of july : losing weight, training on steep climbs (intervals)....

SDJ says AC still has the possibility to gain some % for July....

Oh my :D.. It's a music to my ears... and a nail scratching chalkboard sound to sky :D. One thing for sure, contador will give Froome a run for his money. Now we just need to wait if Nibali will show up.;)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:
I think he did not rode at 100%, so it's not really a good indication of his real tt qualities. But however, Froome will probarly get 1 / 1.30 minute in a TT of 40/50 k, so he has to work on it if he really wants to win the Tour.

dunno. maybe since he knows that his climbing superiority starts to come back, he might thinks another Fuente De or Lanciano attack will be enough cushion for ITT :D We all know that Froome watches his powers and making sure he got something left close to the top of the climb.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm just commenting from my experience as a total novice. But as I lost weight I gained flexibility. And my bike fit was definetly affected for the better.

Just my .02$

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hey guys, if you happens to be able to see this. Can you report back to the forum? I'm curious if Dave will say about Contador :D

got this from sky website (ssshhh... traitor:p)
Don’t forget to watch new brand new cycling TV show ‘InCycle’ for a look back at Tirreno-Adriatico and an interview with Team Sky Team Principal Sir Dave Brailsford. Wednesday 19 March at 1830 on Sky Sports 3 HD.

Thanks for that, Nilsson, very interesting. What frustrates me is that he doesn't seem to be using the new TT position he tried out in the wind tunnel. Stubborn little guy, he is.

BZKAcFlCMAAgWHM_zpse38468d2.jpg

But I guess we need side-by-side pictures to compare.

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Nilsson said:
I've asked the Specialized aero expert once what's the exact difference, and why Alberto (and his team) keep using this different bike. I never got an answer, but I'm afraid he's just stuck with it.

They are all using the same bike (Shiv TT), but Alberto (and a few other riders) use the smallest frame size with is constructed a bit differently (the most visible difference is the raised top tube/stem section compared to a completely horizontal top tube at bigger sizes).

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Jelantik said:
our man is already back on training..

BjGRuxQIQAAn4MX.jpg

Paulinho is looking better already. Good sign :)

LaFlorecita said:
Is the old man in the back taking a picture? :D

That's David Walsh. He follows Contador around taking notes so Dawg can copy AC's training. Froome hired him to do this after being scared ****less by Berto's T-A performance. :D

TRENDING THREADS