• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 550 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Bummed Contador didn't win Catalunya. I feel like the weather may have cost him

My feet are definitely back on the ground again :) :rolleyes:

It is a bit more difficult of course, if Purito is in town:p:D

But Contador rode a good race, just one guy a little bit better.

Will be a good fight between Valverde en Contador in Pais Vasco. I will cheer for him!

Contador did a good race, the weather definitely didn't help him to attack on the mountains and today it would take some luck and very good legs to gain time on Purito in this sort of finish.
Now I hope he can win again in Basque Country (a stage would be a nice) and fight again for the GC. Mainly it would be nice if he ends the first part of the season with good feelings, no sickness and a good result.

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Volta: 2
Tirreno: 1
Catalunya: 2
Pais Vasco: 1?

It's gonna be all the guys who have had a great start against each other. Contador, Valverde, Bentancur, Kwiatkowski and Peraud..

Still no official Catalunya win for Berto

AlbertoContadorPodium_2578526.jpg

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I reckon Contador will struggle to finish podium in Pais Vasco, his TT is crappy after all. I can't see Contador winning again in the near future. But he won T-A this season and that makes me happy :)

He did a good TT at Algarve, he looked the most uncomfortable I've ever seen him in a TT at T-A, probably because of the skinsuit.

Anyway he looks so much better than last year, doubt this was his last podium/win, unless he got sick in the bad weather.

peloton said:
He did a good TT at Algarve, he looked the most uncomfortable I've ever seen him in a TT at T-A, probably because of the skinsuit.

Anyway he looks so much better than last year, doubt this was his last podium/win, unless he got sick in the bad weather.

It's more the fact that the Pais Vasco parcours is better suited to other riders, and he never wins Dauphine ;) and as much as I'd like it, I can't see him winning the Tour and he'll fade at the Vuelta I guess, like Froome in 2012.