• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 569 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I always knew Alberto was a nice, respectful person. Good to have confirmation again.

Rory Sutherland interview:

RS: It’s awesome. When your captain is so good, obviously the competition is also really strong. But when you have a captain like him, you ride better as well. You want to do the best job you can for him so he can do his job. You’re not going to screw him. The fact is he’s a super nice guy as well. Great guy, very thankful, very respectful, and knows that as long as everyone does their best then he responds really well to that.

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2014...pean-life-ardennes_325080#zcuYPlcwxc0cYYJW.99

Jelantik said:
speaking about contador's talent and physique. I found someone posted this while commenting on other site.

This is Brailsford projected chart for sky's riders.
DBgraph.jpg

Looking at Brailsford chart, looks like EBH is on the top of chart as far as talent and CF is at the bottom.

Gerrans is quite high on that chart- most people on here say he has less talent/ even he does.:confused:

Apr 26, 2010
be.net
Netserk said:
Will Rogers have enough race days to hit top form for the Tour? If so he would be certain to get a spot.

He could have a program like: Romandie (perhaps that is with too short notice?), (optional: Tour of Norway), Tour of Luxembourg, Dauphiné & Tour.

i guess it really depends on how serious was his training so far.

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
ralphbert said:
I am a bit jaded towards this type of waffle. Heard it all before with Armstrong...

I understand, although this is completely different. Inigo San Millan is actually a renown scientist who only 'worked with'/tested the young Alberto. He worked for a lot of teams (I think mostly United Health Care nowadays) a lot of riders over the years and is professor at the University of Colorado (School of Medicine) and director of Exercise Physiology Lab & Sports Performance Program. The interview/article was also given/written from this point of view and wasn't some 'miracle research' about AC, or about him at all.

Netserk said:
Will Rogers have enough race days to hit top form for the Tour? If so he would be certain to get a spot.

He could have a program like: Romandie (perhaps that is with too short notice?), (optional: Tour of Norway), Tour of Luxembourg, Dauphiné & Tour.

Supposedly he's been training with the team the entire time (I've only read that from folks here, no where else--so take that for what it is worth). Maybe he can get ready. If not, I think Rory has done a lot the last few weeks to earn a spot.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ow yeah. Rogers is back! :D I wonder if Tinkoff Saxo will immediately put him for LBL or Romandie maybe? Or is TS participating in tour Turkey? He needs some racing legs for sure. Maybe they put him in Giro? naaaah.. probably not.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
BjrMyOYIAAE_x3i.jpg:large

Sarah Halliday ‏@sarahallidayart Mar 26
Have started sketching non sky team members for next painting. Hopefully it's obvious who this is.... pic.twitter.com/LfZsGiKsJC

TRENDING THREADS