• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 567 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Carols said:
You know I really don't give a crap about where Sky is staying in training. I come to this thread for Contador!!! :D:D

i think you will.. since contador is due to be back on training after a week of rest. So he might rubbing shoulder with sky at tenerife :D

May 24, 2013
Visit site
No mather where they are training or what happend with their hotels and stayings, as a big fan of Contador, I'm aware of the fact that froome and the sky team will be in very good form...
I hope the best for Alberto and whish him all the luck he might need, but it ain't over untill the fat lady sings!!!
Just mentioning this so (at least me) would not be so disappointed when that alien put some crazy effort on the first mountaintop finish. Which i do not hope for...
AC for the win

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Carols said:
You know I really don't give a crap about where Sky is staying in training. I come to this thread for Contador!!! :D:D

Yes Carol, I heard you the first time too, but really...if the subject has any impact or relevance to Berto or the team, -or the tour, well then I will post it.
It´s not that its page up and page down with Sky or other teams, it was just relevant. ;)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
funnie said:
No mather where they are training or what happend with their hotels and stayings, as a big fan of Contador, I'm aware of the fact that froome and the sky team will be in very good form...
I hope the best for Alberto and whish him all the luck he might need, but it ain't over untill the fat lady sings!!!
Just mentioning this so (at least me) would not be so disappointed when that alien put some crazy effort on the first mountaintop finish. Which i do not hope for...
AC for the win

Doesnt matter if they will be in 'very good form'...if Alberto is back to his A game nobody from his generation can beat him.And I said NOBODY.:D

And as a fan of cycling and AC fanboy I dearly hope that everybody,even that freakin brit will be on topform comes July.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Doesnt matter if they will be in 'very good form'...if Alberto is back to his A game nobody from his generation can beat him.And I said NOBODY.:D

And as a fan of cycling and AC fanboy I dearly hope that everybody,even that freakin brit will be on topform comes July.

+1. Alberto is on his way to a great form than last year. So whatever is going down in TDF, for sure, we are going to have a proper battle. So buckle up and save your popcorn for July. :D

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Carols said:
Yeah I've been cranky...... :D:D

Oh don´t be so cranky Carol, it´s spring and the weather is great, life is goood

flowers_6.jpg

Here you are, hope you feel better. :)

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 4h
Showering one of my girls.I still remember my mother scolding when I was doing it at home at age 16. ;-)

BlvETlhIQAA11Mn.jpg:large

Lool he´s nuts, I did that when I was a kid, try it today...and Im sure my wife would divorce me on the spot :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Butterhead said:
Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 4h
Showering one of my girls.I still remember my mother scolding when I was doing it at home at age 16. ;-)

BlvETlhIQAA11Mn.jpg:large

Lool he´s nuts, I did that when I was a kid, try it today...and Im sure my wife would divorce me on the spot :D

LOL.. :D. this pic cracks me up. He is a total nuts!!! :D

LaFlorecita said:
I think

Leader: Contador
Superdomestique/Co-leader: Kreuziger
Mountain domestiques: Roche, Hernandez, Paulinho, Sutherland/Rogers
Flat/Cobble guys: Tosatto, Bennati, Mørkøv/Breschel/Sørensen

I think you've pretty much nailed it. I think it will come down to who is health out of Bennati, Morkov, Breschel and Sorenson. I'd be really disappointed for Sutherland if he doesn't get the nod (barring injury). He's ridden very well for the first half of the year.

LaFlorecita said:
I think

Leader: Contador
Superdomestique/Co-leader: Kreuziger
Mountain domestiques: Roche, Hernandez, Paulinho, Sutherland/Rogers
Flat/Cobble guys: Tosatto, Bennati, Mørkøv/Breschel/Sørensen

Imo.
Wiggins: Contador
Froome: Kreuziger
Rogers, Porte, siutseu: Roche, Hernandez, Sutherland/Rogers
EBH: Paulinho
Cav, Eissel, Knees,: Tosatto, Bennati, Mørkøv.

Rupert: Oleg
Dave: Bjarne
G-i-rt : you-f-e.

What's up with rogers btw. Hell be allowed to ride?

Publicus said:
I think you've pretty much nailed it. I think it will come down to who is health out of Bennati, Morkov, Breschel and Sorenson. I'd be really disappointed for Sutherland if he doesn't get the nod (barring injury). He's ridden very well for the first half of the year.

Completely agree re Sutherland. He also seems to be Mick's replacement. Big guy, good to keep Contador out of the wind and can also keep the pace high in the mountains.

TRENDING THREADS