• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 589 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Congratulation Chris Froome you just have reached my Hate level of SBW.

Oh my god,im so looking forward to get my azz to France in july and cheer like mad for Berto!

Yeah, he really is a f.... moron to be honest.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
HappyLoser said:
Hi guys. My first post in here.

It seems Tinkoff team has some problems with superdoms (Kreuziger/Roche), because they (or especially AC) ask Majka to do LeTour. He hasn't decided yet. Maybe Alberto was just very surprised how Majka rode in 2012 Vuelta, but it's a little bit strange anyway.

Source: http://eurosport.onet.pl/kolarstwo/tour-de-pologne/rafal-majka-wystartuje-w-tour-de-france/0p9fn

Welcome to the forum.

Its plausible, but I doubt they will let him, hes still to young for a double like this, he rode for GC in the Giro, he needs time to recover. But you never know, if AC asked for him he might have his wish.

But you right, it could suggest something is wrong with the planned setup, maybe they wanna change out Roche and spare him for the Vuelta, its probably what he wish for too.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
sacrifice&hardwork said:
What are Beltran's chances of making the TdF squad? Apparently he is being sent to Dauphine to observe how he handles himself during the race in helping Alberto and then considering the possibilities of being selected for the Tour team.

Thoughts? Opinions?

very unlikely. He hasn't shown some remarkable climbing forces yet as what TS claims of why they brought him. Might take him a year or maybe he'll be in Vuelta to see how he fares in 3 weeks demanding mountain. It would be awesome if he ends up to be the last rider for contador in Dauphene, he might get the spot.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Since the day Tinkov took over I have wanted Alberto to go somewhere else.

I have to disagree. I was like you too first time when I heard Oleg bought TS. I hate Oleg that he was using twitter to unprofessionally condemn Contador. It thought that was really un-classy. But over the course of months, I saw a different Oleg. Yes, he was crazy, but the guy is smart (some of his comments are spot on recently about how cycling should be managed) and knows how to run TS from the business side. TS needs a stability so they can get the best technology and the appropriate riders. Contador GOT a great team around him. A great team atmosphere. That's important for him. Everyone believes in him, even Kreuziger wanted to ride Catalunya just to help Contador. So I think he is in a good team. Here's the proof that even Oleg is committed to Contador. He just simply want to have the best team. Make sense he got that mentality after all he built a successful business in Russia.

“Then we buy Froome and put him on Giro d’Italia next year and Alberto will be winning [the] Tour and Froome is Giro d’Italia.”

Imagine that. With pockets as deep as Tinkov’s, there isn’t much that’s far fetched. He remains committed to Contador, but has ambitions for the team other than the Tour de France.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2014...dget-tinkov-chases-top-riders-for-2015_330914

Look at sky now. The polemic between wiggins and froome. And check out news about Nibali got reprimended by Astana. Contador doesn't need that. Right now, TS seems like the only team of GC contender (besides movistar) that doesn't get plague by distraction like that. I know Bjarne wanted to strengthen the classic team. He used to have Cancellara and Schleck on his team. Sure he was successful on the classics side, but not on GC side (as far as winning it on the road). Bringing Sagan might make winning GC harder. Even without having to split now, it's already difficult. So this year TDF is really crucial to see how far Contador can go. If he wins it, then there would be a possibility for TS to sign Sagan.

I'm with butterhead as far as not signing sagan. Yes he is a sure bet. But I would rather TS sign someone that's a classic contender but can also be a good complement on GC. Sagan isn't that type of rider. He will want the green jersey. With Quintana and Froome attending TDF next year, all hands on deck for only ONE goal. You either win yellow or green. Can't be both, it's just unrealistic with this highly competitive environment.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yep,the atmosphere in team is really great and imo thats very important for gc leader.
iirc Roche and Kreuziger both said that last year's Tour team was the best team they have ridden for. (as for atmposhere,relaxed etc.)

I totally agree with laflo. Get him away from tinkov.

Maybe to garmin. We'd finally find out what his true value is.

Rotflmao at Riis using the "bad winter caused allergies during the TDF". Again with the allergies. Wasn't that the explanation for the disastrous itt at the dauphine? How bout all of 2013, y not? Lol.

But nice way of laying the foundation for y he's back to 2009. Well no allergies!!

Freakin hysterical. The thread that keeps on giving...and giving...and giving.

Big Doopie said:

Rotflmao at Riis using the "bad winter caused allergies during the TDF". Again with the allergies. Wasn't that the explanation for the disastrous itt at the dauphine? How bout all of 2013, y not? Lol.

But nice way of laying the foundation for y he's back to 2009. Well no allergies!!

Garmin! :eek: They have WAY to much bad luck....nope shouldn't go there. Imagine Farrar protecting him on the flats - Farrar would wreck right in front of him...my opinion of course. :) I like what he has going at Tinkov....

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
It is nearly time folks this is Coontador's last chance to really tell if he can win a TDF(barring a Froome crash). No way he wins without taking a little bit of time n a mountain stage afterall that is only way he is winning the TDF he needs take some time so if it goes how i think it will go it wont look good.

What do you guys think will be a success, losing under 15 seconds on the mountain stages? Or do you think he needs to reverse that sort of gap in his favour?.

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Jspear said:
Garmin! :eek: They have WAY to much bad luck....nope shouldn't go there. Imagine Farrar protecting him on the flats - Farrar would wreck right in front of him...my opinion of course. :) I like what he has going at Tinkov....

Farrar will be gone, Sagan or not. When one can't even compete with third tier sprinters, there's no room for you.

TANK91 said:
It is nearly time folks this is Coontador's last chance to really tell if he can win a TDF(barring a Froome crash). No way he wins without taking a little bit of time n a mountain stage afterall that is only way he is winning the TDF he needs take some time so if it goes how i think it will go it wont look good.

What do you guys think will be a success, losing under 15 seconds on the mountain stages? Or do you think he needs to reverse that sort of gap in his favour?.

I think all he has to do is hold Froome's wheel. He's not aiming to peak for the Dauphine.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Big Doopie said:

Netapp would be better dont you think? :rolleyes:

TANK91 said:

I don't think results in Dauphine matters. What matters is how he rides.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
I don't think results in Dauphine matters. What matters is how he rides.

Exactly. He havent raced for almost 8 weeks or so, and they bring more or less the B team, it is exactly how he rides that is important.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how seriously we have to take this.

I mean, how serious will it be after a Tour victory and dozens of partys?;)

Defiende El Maillot ‏@DEM_Ciclismo 6 min ULTIMA HORA: Alberto Contador (TCS) confirma su presencia en #LaVuelta a Espa

TRENDING THREADS