• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 610 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
well yeah a little bit sad because he was so close at one moment but he's not a robot, cracked a little in the last 2 kms. anyway, heart of a champion. grandeeee!

absolutely. he was resting behind almost every rider in the way before continuing to close the gap.

the attack looked amazing. it also looked human. if this was LA, i'm pretty sure he would have bridged the gap to the jvdb group.

Afrank said:
I'm glad Talansky won instead of Contador. For Talansky, a win here means a lot, a lot more then the win would mean for Contador. For Contador this race is all about getting those last racing miles in the legs. If he ended up winning it, great. If not, no big deal really. He's focused on the Tour as his main goal, it means a lot more that he looks ahead of Froome at this point.

And need I remind you of the 2010 Dauphine. ;)

Surely winning the Dauphiné would be a big thing for Contador too.

murali said:
absolutely. he was resting behind almost every rider in the way before continuing to close the gap.

the attack looked amazing. it also looked human. if this was LA, i'm pretty sure he would have bridged the gap to the jvdb group.

stop with the human **** already. Go to the clinic, where people can at least counter your argument that he's clean because he didn't close the gap.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Surely winning the Dauphiné would be a big thing for Contador too.

Most definitely, it'd be a big thing for most anybody. More so for Talansky then Contador I'd say, since Talansky won't have a chance of winning the Tour.

It would still be a great result for him, but 2nd and far ahead of Froome in GC is also a very good result.

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Of course he doesn't, he probably believes it would have been a bad thing if he'd won:rolleyes:

Although I don't believe he isn't just a little bit disappointed.:rolleyes:

I better hope he is disappointed. In his team, his friends. I'm going back to excluding Hernandez and Paulinho from the Tour team. They have no place in it.

Afrank said:
Most definitely, it'd be a big thing for most anybody. More so for Talansky then Contador I'd say, since Talansky won't have a chance of winning the Tour.

It would still be a great result for him, but 2nd and far ahead of Froome in GC is also a very good result.

I would say 2nd for Talansky is far, far, far better than 2nd for Contador... that is another way to look at it;)

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting for some real explanation on how the talansky group attacked. i still totally p***ed off with tht.
AC would have retained yellow if that group hadn't been allowed such a big gap.

I am sad that AC didnt get yellow because this wasnt his fault at all.

(@ flo: didnt mean my earlier post in a clinical sense. i never do c****c in here. My apologies if it hurt anyone.)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
funny as he grows older, look like the top flash speed is substituted by huge diesel engine, and today he put a dagger into Froom's hart. Glad he did not win today, because it is a good charming. Did he ever win T and D in the same year? don't think so.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
You can't make me believe he would not have loved to win here.

Of course he wanted to win, but it was a very strange stage from the start. Saxo was too weak to control it and sky seemed to be watching over a weakened Froome. I think AC did pretty well (with the exception of not following Nibali). I still think Saxo will be very pleased with they saw this week.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
This guy is by far the #1 Tour favourite, if nothing strange happens. It's hard to lose the Dauphiné like this, but it has to be put in perspective. July is the priority, and he's given his main opponents a taste of what they can expect.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
maxmartin said:
funny as he grows older, look like the top flash speed is substituted by huge diesel engine, and today he put a dagger into Froom's hart. Glad he did not win today, because it is a good charming. Did he ever win T and D in the same year? don't think so.

Yes but trust me he wanted the Dauphinee peple say he is just training but he does not attack yesterday else. Also Froome is hurt Contador has won nothing yet, and Froome and Wiggo showed it is not jynxx. Contador's palmares would look so much neater with this race onit(not that he needs it)

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
is there any tactical advantage of letting Talansky win this race?
if it means that GRS will help TS in the Tour, then i dont mind giving a 1st to the american.

i dont know whether paulinho+hernandez will be replaced in the tour squad. they have been with him as far as i can remember.
i dont trust Roche to be consistent. Rogers was good in last race. i dont know abt kreu. i think we will know his form only in stage 8/9 of TdS.

maxmartin said:

He never won Dauphiné so no.:p

I'm afraid he'll never come this close to winning the Dauphiné again, and as TANK91 said it would be great for his palmarès.:(

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
murali said:
is there any tactical advantage of letting Talansky win this race?
if it means that GRS will help TS in the Tour, then i dont mind giving a 1st to the american.

Sure Garmin might have offered some small assistance in the TDF if Saxo had let Talansky win this Dauphine ... problem is Saxo didn't let Talansky win ?

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
deValtos said:
Sure Garmin might have offered some small assistance in the TDF if Saxo had let Talansky win this Dauphine ... problem is Saxo didn't let Talansky win ?

my conspiracy theory is that they allowed the talansky group to peel off in that climb.

of course, it is a conspiracy theory. nothing more to it/

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Of course they won't, it's not like Contador gifted it to Talansky.

What happend i did not watch, someone uploaded when Contador attacked Froome, so im assuming did Contador think Froome was on an ok day before it was too late?

So if he uses Thomas and Froome he maybe thought they can help. Bad to lose the dauphinee when you no you're better than Froome and Talansky. Not bad as in he should be annoyed but i mean, Talansky winning it just makes me LOL.

TRENDING THREADS