• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 626 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
murali said:
does the National results carry any importance? valverde beat ion izzigguire in ITT by about a min. i dont know wht to make of it.

Izaguirre was flying a week ago in TdS TT, he also beat Castroviejo.

It's a very decent performance to say the least.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I am not really a dog lover and I didn't think it was funny at all. Curious, eh? ;)

haha,
the truth is we're considering a wrong word. Tinkov can't be funny, he's silly, stupid, idiot, etc.

I'm not a dog lover and I wouldn't mind calling Tinkov "dog!" when I beat him.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
thehook said:
So a Billionare who owns his team. Is not allowed to comment on his riders? I get the whole "Praise in public, Scold in private". But he was right about Berto last year. As big a fan of Conta as I'am. He was outworked last year by SKY. And he still was a top 5. And he knew it after the tour. His comments about his off season this year have shown that.

This is exactly the point, Tinkov is out of line to insult Contador in a public setting. If you have an issue with someone you don't go on facebook or twitter and whine about them. You address them directly and talk it out with them.

Tinkov's problem last year was he spent the entire year talking about how Contador would beat Froome at the Tour (even though it was obvious to everyone he wouldn't). Then when he doesn't (like anyone with a brain knew he wouldn't). Tinkov reverses direction and starts insulting him. He was out of line to do this.

The hole beating a dog named FROOME thing. He is RUSSIAN! He is breaking your balls! Lighten up! The Wiggo thing on Twitter today. Is humor!! Tweak SKY! Have Fun doing what your passion is! I applaud him!

Being Russian gives him permission to make those kind of jokes? :confused:

I realize it was humor, but not all humor is all in good fun. Good for you that you thought it was funny, I didn't. I found it to be unfunny, immature, and just plain stupid to be perfectly honest.

Afrank said:
This is exactly the point, Tinkov is out of line to insult Contador in a public setting. If you have an issue with someone you don't go on facebook or twitter and whine about them. You address them directly and talk it out with them.

Even worse than that, he was using social media to publicly try to play riders off against Contador. I remember him congratulating Roche on some win and in the same tweet positively comparing his character to Contador. Roche's reply was along the lines of uh... thanks for the congratulations boss... but please don't do that. It's a sort of horrific thing to do to riders, putting them in a position where they have to offend the guy who signs the cheques or offend their team leader.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
thehook said:
I hear ya. Who ever said cycling was a cheap hobby?:D

you cheated in that post. give us our $0.02 ;) ;) ;)

Zinoviev Letter said:
Even worse than that, he was using social media to publicly try to play riders off against Contador. I remember him congratulating Roche on some win and in the same tweet positively comparing his character to Contador. Roche's reply was along the lines of uh... thanks for the congratulations boss... but please don't do that. It's a sort of horrific thing to do to riders, putting them in a position where they have to offend the guy who signs the cheques or offend their team leader.

just shows tht Oleg is either immature or he doesnt care about his team.

chiocciolis_calves said:
Does anyone have an data on what type of wattage Contador was putting out in any of the crucial stages in the Dauphine?

I have:

Beal 6.22 W/kg (for 33 minutes) (probably less because of drafting)
Emosson 6.39 W/kg (for 30 minutes)
Montagny 6.62 W/kg (for 19 minutes)
La Praz 5.85 W/kg (for 15 minutes)

He was definitely in top form during the Dauphine.

Afrank said:

Tinkov's problem last year was he spent the entire year talking about how Contador would beat Froome at the Tour (even though it was obvious to everyone he wouldn't). Then when he doesn't (like anyone with a brain knew he wouldn't). Tinkov reverses direction and starts insulting him. He was out of line to do this.
Agreed. Can't say I'm a big Tinkov fan but I actually like him being in the sport as he's at least interesting and is willing to spend money.

Cannavaro said:
I have:

Beal 6.22 W/kg (for 33 minutes) (probably less because of drafting)
Emosson 6.39 W/kg (for 30 minutes)
Montagny 6.62 W/kg (for 19 minutes)
La Praz 5.85 W/kg (for 15 minutes)

He was definitely in top form during the Dauphine.

Who knows what his top form is like this year. If that was his top form, however, I think he may have mistimed his peak a bit. It probably won't matter in the end, but still. Not ideal. Sure, Froome suffered a mental blow, but if the dawg is not up to it anyway, all Contador did is tire himself out needlessly.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Who knows what his top form is like this year. If that was his top form, however, I think he may have mistimed his peak a bit. It probably won't matter in the end, but still. Not ideal. Sure, Froome suffered a mental blow, but if the dawg is not up to it anyway, all Contador did is tire himself out needlessly.

I dont think tht AC will mistime his preparations this time.

He knows why he lost last yr. he wont repeat any of the mistakes.

a 100% AC is far superior than an alien dawg.