• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 720 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
According to Nibali he Wiggins and Froome are face of TDF. So fnny really Contador is still top WT rankings with no GT completed, so how is he done?. Not that Nibali said that he is, just suprised he never mentioned the one guy who made him suffer in the TDF

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
TANK91 said:
According to Nibali he Wiggins and Froome are face of TDF. So fnny really Contador is still top WT rankings with no GT completed, so how is he done?. Not that Nibali said that he is, just suprised he never mentioned the one guy who made him suffer in the TDF

I assume he only mentioned them because together they are the last 3 winners of the race.

Well, Nibali says many "intresting" things but in that particular case it was clinic-related. He defended the Sky program, marginal gains and such by stating himself, Wiggins and Froome was the (new) faces of clean cycling.

It didnt have anything to do with the competition.

MAybe it's the translation, but I think he is getting more than a bit irritated/offended that reporters keep questioning HIM on how he would have fared if Contador/Froome stayed in the race. I'm not going to get offended/irritated by anything he says in defense of his well deserved Tour victory. He was the best overall rider to finish the Tour. Let it end there.

Publicus said:
MAybe it's the translation, but I think he is getting more than a bit irritated/offended that reporters keep questioning HIM on how he would have fared if Contador/Froome stayed in the race. I'm not going to get offended/irritated by anything he says in defense of his well deserved Tour victory. He was the best overall rider to finish the Tour. Let it end there.

What a race it would have been though if Roman had been there :(

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
Which means (IMO) that Contador won't ride. Good news.

That doesn't mean anything. Of course kreuziger will ride the vuelta if he can. He hasn't riden a GT this year, Contador possibly being there doesn't change anything.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
Ofc it does. You should know that.

Explain then. The only thing that it changes is that saxo won't pressure Contador that hard to ride the vuelta but as stated by de jongh Contador really wants to ride it.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
Hopefully that means I can watch Alberto ride around my local roads at the Tour of Britain.

any tough mountain to make the difference? if not why bother. Bertie isn't going to win with ITT only and some lumpy stage.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone has any opinion about Roche? Sky is in hot pursuit for Roche. If sky thinks highly about Roche, that means his number is high. And he got a potential. (sky has a history of making no name rider to suddenly a super domestique or a star). Do you think Roche will leave Alberto? Or he stays? Out of Roman, Nico and Rogers, Nico is the one that seems to be wanting a leadership at GT?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:
Anyone has any opinion about Roche? Sky is in hot pursuit for Roche. If sky thinks highly about Roche, that means his number is high. And he got a potential. (sky has a history of making no name rider to suddenly a super domestique or a star). Do you think Roche will leave Alberto? Or he stays? Out of Roman, Nico and Rogers, Nico is the one that seems to be wanting a leadership at GT?
Depends on whats his motivation.Money?Leadership?Grow?
I think he should go to a small team like IAM there he can choose what GT to ride for gc etc
His transfer to Sky doesnt make sense imho,he said (2012) he wanted to learn something for 2 years and then be a leader in other team.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Some guy on twitter, aparently on vacation at Lugano, saw AC riding his bike around the city twice, once with the tinkoff kit and the second time in his neutral kit. It looks like he is sure it's him, he says he still had the knee bandage.

Your thoughts? Can this be realistic? :eek: The guy seems like a true cyling fan but you never know :cool:

TRENDING THREADS