• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 760 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
QUOTE=BlurryVII;1557723]Restday will be crucial, that will allow him to assimilate thnot impoacing miles he has done this week, then he should be much stronger by the 2 nd week and the last one hopefully.

I personally believe we will all be more or less disappointed after la Zubia, I expect him to drop a couple 10 - 20 secs . But he'll get better and better.[/QUOTE]
As I said, I expect that loses 20s and it would still be a good result for me.However i should nit wonder if he lost just 10s or less difficult but not impossible

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I have to say it.

His facial impression and stance on the pedals reminds me of how I saw he was in last years TDF.. I hope he will get better, but maybe he's just too proud to acknowledge his limitations himself... If he get's over this and do well later on he will hopefully prove me wrong and further underline his legendary status...

BlurryVII said:
By the way I really liked the way he climbed the "col del cartorce por ciento", he was out of the saddle almost all the time, and he looked smooth, knowing him, it's a good sign.
I still remember to this day the Port de Paillière climb (last one before Ax 3) at the Tour 2013, Quintana attacked, and Contador was most of the time sat on the saddle, he was looking asphixiated and completely ragged, I knew immediately he was about to get crushed and had a very bad form.

He was leaning much more to his left side, which is never a good sign. It's very likely that there is still pain/discomfort on his right knee.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
BlurryVII said:
oh I thought he was bouncing both sides since the pace was very slow

Edit: you can see him from 1:06:10 http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/...14-4-etapa-mairena-del-alcor-cordoba/2727875/

He isn't leaning to the left, it's just his usual style when the pace is slow.

I have it on dvr, much better pic than a vid. He is definitely leaning left. His shoulders are never square even when seated. His left shoulder is continually lower than the right. The bounce and weight shift is expected, the never being square is not.

If he were my racehorse I'd have him in for xrays!

contador%20ice%20bucket%20.gif

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Sheesh and to think I always thought I was an extreme pessimist.

Yeah, like at Pais Vasco before he crushed Piti:)

True
At the dauphiné as well, if you watch the first part of col du béal before Froome's attack,Contador was bouncing from right to left, he didn't even look that good but then he was great responding savage accelerations from dawg.
My opinion: as long as he is out of the saddle, it's a good sign.
But yeah, it's really not comparable since he didn't come back from a crash ... only 2 days to go and we'll have our answer.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
in giro 2008 he was standing on the saddle like dufaux or like a person with aggresive diarrhea, like hang in there it's almost over

i think it's fab that he's staying that much out of the saddle, like in tdf 2009.

vamos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man, I remember stage 17, col de romme and especially col de la colombière, AC was like 99% of the time dancing on the pedals, I have no footage of him sitting on the bike lol, it was insane .

Purito hinted that the legs barely kept up and it was hard to breathe during the climbs because of the heat. AC would not be this open about it but it could play a role.

Sitting in the saddle while tilting a bit with his head is usually the sign of Alberto during a bad patch. Think early Zoncolan 2011 where he couldnt follow Anton after closing the bridge his first time while riding equal with Scarponi.

TRENDING THREADS