• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 790 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yeah I was thinking to myself that he should work with Froome. But then again Froome didn't ask...

Nearly lost it there :D :D I've been thinking for a few days that a strong Froome is what Berto needs to win... :)

Knowing the gaps i'm pretty sure contador could have done it himself too but still froome really helped him out.

I was thinking AC would give him the stage but he can't give him an edge. Froome on a great day and contador on a lesser day can be really dangerous still.

The fridge in the blue trees said:
No no, BRILLIANT tactician, BRILLIANT!
Because Contador never complains and never sucks wheel, we know that.
And if those 2 spanish idiots that were dropped today had done the right thing yesterday he would have 2' advantage to Valverde and Froome now!
Valverde was thinking today instead of tomorrow. I knew he'd pay for his tactical mistake yesterday.

Miburo said:
Knowing the gaps i'm pretty sure contador could have done it himself too but still froome really helped him out.

I was thinking AC would give him the stage but he can't give him an edge. Froome on a great day and contador on a lesser day can be really dangerous still.
Why Froome would leave it to him? Remember Tour 2013 I remember more than once that Froome was taking him in the face with the intent to "humiliate" Berto.

I like Froome. For his determination and desire of win everything but it's only fair: Berto will want ti enjoy a little revenge:p

The definition of wheelsucking here is very simple:

Don't give turns to Alberto Contador. Everybody who is in his wheel and doesn't immediately go to the front to do the tempo for him=wheelsucker.

Actually Froome was a wheelsucker too today, he should really have given it all for another 200-400 meters to help Contador gain more time to Valverde. Then collapse and lose 30" instead of 15", but that's unimportant. It's about giving turns and riding for Contador. If you don't=wheelsucker.

Froome=cowardly wheelsucker!!!!!

The definition of wheelsucking here is very simple:

Don't give turns to Alberto Contador. Everybody who is in his wheel and doesn't immediately go to the front to do the tempo for him=wheelsucker.

Actually Froome was a wheelsucker too today, he should really have given it all for another 200-400 meters to help Contador gain more time to Valverde. Then collapse and lose 30" instead of 15", but that's unimportant. It's about giving turns and riding for Contador. If you don't=wheelsucker.

Froome=cowardly wheelsucker!!!!!

Sigh...... just let it go

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Contador was at his best this year. He just didn't get to show it at the Tour which is a huge shame.

Yup i mean no crashes for either it is a given who wins eh lol, Froome was far better in Dauphinee before crash only race both had nice form. Froome took like 10 secs in 10kms lol.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Glorious victory for Joaquim Contador, a fierce sprint in the last km after sitting in Froome's wheel all day. :p

Contador is in the leader's jersey, he has nothing to do other than sticking to his wheel.

He was stronger anyway, he looked too easy on his wheel the whole time.

Alberto Contador: 17:45, 20.45 Kph, VAM 1869 m/h, 6.41 W/kg
Chris Froome: 18:00, 20.17 Kph, VAM 1843 m/h, 6.33 W/kg

He was at Dauphiné level, I think he could have went faster had he attacked Froome earlier. Great show overall, wasn't expecting that.

LaFlorecita said:
Sigh...... just let it go

Let go what? The embarrassing anti sporting cowardly wheelsucking by Froome today? NEVER!

But, why don't YOU try to be just a tiny little bit more consistent? Couldn't stop insulting Valverde/Purito for "sucking" yesterday, but today we hear nothing of the sort ..... why's that?

Because YOU clearly are what you accuse Purito and Valverde of being. Which is a worthless coward. (Cool, now I'll get banned hopefully)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Let go what? The embarrassing anti sporting cowardly wheelsucking by Froome today? NEVER!

But, why don't YOU try to be just a tiny little bit more consistent? Couldn't stop insulting Valverde/Purito for "sucking" yesterday, we here nothing of the sort today..... why's that?

Because YOU clearly are what you accuse Purito and Valverde of being. Which is a worthless coward. (Cool, now I'll get banned hopefully)

Maybe try to calm down a little.

Contador did wheelsuck Froome today. But it has to also be acknowledged that Contador in the red jersey had less reason to take a turn today then Valverde had to suck Contador and Purito yesterday. Plus many would say that his attack in the final made up for his wheelsucking before hand.

Very glad to see Contador win today. He deserves it. :)

But, why don't YOU try to be just a tiny little bit more consistent? Couldn't stop insulting Valverde/Purito for "sucking" yesterday, but today we hear nothing of the sort ..... why's that?

Hope you get banned too, and not for insulting me, but for being an ignorant jerk. I've posted on here and elsewhere that I believe Contador should have taken a few pulls, also to distance Valverde even further.

TRENDING THREADS