• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 900 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Dear Contador nutters.

Well its the new year, and personally I don't care for that (just a change of a number). But I did read in a different sub forum today that key Cycling Taliban leader, Mullah Mohammed Omar Echoes, who wants this thread finished because he doesn't like it, is counting the number of days this thread is active.

As someone who is very opposed to censorship and bullying, I ask that throughout this year, if anyone sees that this thread is going inactive for a significant number of hours, please post in it to ensure it keeps going.
That way, when Mullah Echoes does his counting 364 days from now, he won't have very many days to record and an important blow to this kind of medieval mentality will be dealt.

Thank you for your time.

The Hitch.

sup

me no likeie interlubes taliban either.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Cool :)

Can he top that this year? We will see ;)

I doubt he can, I think this season will be epic and Alberto will win the races that matter, Valverde will nose dive this year. Too many up and coming stars for him to hold on to podium spots.

LaFlorecita said:
He only needs to win Volta, Tirreno, Giro and TDF, and 5 stages :D easy

After that he wins the Vuelta, the WC, and that's before finding the cure for cancer, bringing world peace, ending the worlds hunger problem, uniting North and South Korea, winning the nobel peace prize and an Oscar andbecoming the first non-american president of the US, after which everyone in this thread can come out of hiding

Note, some of those might be Vino's doing.

Maybe Cineteq can spot the hyperbole this time

The Hitch said:
Dear Contador nutters.

Well its the new year, and personally I don't care for that (just a change of a number). But I did read in a different sub forum today that key Cycling Taliban leader, Mullah Mohammed Omar Echoes, who wants this thread finished because he doesn't like it, is counting the number of days this thread is active.

As someone who is very opposed to censorship and bullying, I ask that throughout this year, if anyone sees that this thread is going inactive for a significant number of hours, please post in it to ensure it keeps going.
That way, when Mullah Echoes does his counting 364 days from now, he won't have very many days to record and an important blow to this kind of medieval mentality will be dealt.

Thank you for your time.

The Hitch.

**** we missed 3 January :mad:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Apparently Alberto has been doing a recon of some stages of la Vuelta these last few days.... wtf:eek::confused::D

Why are you confused? It was already established here that contador thinks he can win the double and that contador will most likely ride the vuelta if he wins the double.

the sceptic said:
Think I have to put Alberto in my CQ team as it seems like he will score about 4000 points this year

I have him in my team :) in 2013 Hitch convinced me to take him out of my team and look what happened:) I expect 2300-2600 (in 2011 he scored 2373) with 3000 as an upper limit but if he indeed goes for la Vuelta then wow.. let's say 150 for Ruta del Sol, 300 for Volta, 400 for Tirreno, 1000 for Giro, 1200 for Tour if everything goes perfect then Vuelta.... wow he will break the CQ record:eek:

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
How big is the chance that it's either Berto or Froome who will win Vuelta a Andalucía? Do you guys think there will be a battle or is it too early? The climbs are not that brutal so we might see a lot of contenders and the small TT is good for Contador with all the turns and corners.

Coat-O said:
How big is the chance that it's either Berto or Froome who will win Vuelta a Andalucía? Do you guys think there will be a battle or is it too early? The climbs are not that brutal so we might see a lot of contenders and the small TT is good for Contador with all the turns and corners.

Either Berto or Froome: 70%
Either Froome, Berto or Nairo: 95%
Especially Berto and Froome will not want to mess around. Serious business.

TRENDING THREADS