• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 920 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:
well, I guess we'll have to wait and see... Maybe this will be the Chris Froome show like in Oman, who knows. It's hard to see Contador just watching Froome's dusk. But if he said he started with later form than last year, I just hope his form won't be like 2013 San Luis.
you dont believe that yourself huh:D

Electress said:
So do I!! But, in this regard I really don't trust AC at all. He's not going to be telling everyone he's on fire. Playing down expectations is to be expected.

And I'm with Angliru:

No matter what happens, he's still amassed a record unlike any other of the current generation. He can augment his legacy, but there's enough to stand comfortably within the pantheon of cycling greats IMO.

Among his fans especially, considering that many of us still consider his two stripped titles as wins.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Great ride by Alberto, first strike Contador in the big duel. I even think Contador aint in a good shape he would beat Moreno i would have thought. Froome is quite dissapointing though, maybe he climbs better but i doubt it Froome struggles in races where he gets beat by Contador in a ITT.

B-JLHa-IMAE4XjT.jpg

For who is interested, some things about Alberto in the Eurosport Insiders docu about the Kilimanjaro expedition:

halfway through, Alberto says it is easier to him than racing, partly because there's less pressure.

Alberto constantly looks after other people, asking if they're okay and lending a hand to people :)

Alberto and a group of guys, including Ivan, Michael Valgren, Chris Anker, Majka reach the top of a steep climb before others, they decide to go back and help others :)

It is mentioned that normal people do the last part (the steep climb to the top) and the road back to base camp in around 12 hours, Alberto did it in 6 hours :)

And my personal favorite:

Alberto tells us that there are certain things that happened that would have never happened if not for the expedition, he says, for example, that in the last stretch, he was in a small group with Valgren and Kiserlovski. They reached Stella point (at 5740m altitude, 155m left to go), and Kiserlovski was super cold. Valgren and Alberto were cold too, and they looked at each other, and then did a group hug for about two minutes :)

LaFlorecita said:
For who is interested, some things about Alberto in the Eurosport Insiders docu about the Kilimanjaro expedition:

halfway through, Alberto says it is easier to him than racing, partly because there's less pressure.

Alberto constantly looks after other people, asking if they're okay and lending a hand to people :)

Alberto and a group of guys, including Ivan, Michael Valgren, Chris Anker, Majka reach the top of a steep climb before others, they decide to go back and help others :)

It is mentioned that normal people do the last part (the steep climb to the top) and the road back to base camp in around 12 hours, Alberto did it in 6 hours :)

And my personal favorite:

Alberto tells us that there are certain things that happened that would have never happened if not for the expedition, he says, for example, that in the last stretch, he was in a small group with Valgren and Kiserlovski. They reached Stella point (at 5740m altitude, 155m left to go), and Kiserlovski was super cold. Valgren and Alberto were cold too, and they looked at each other, and then did a group hug for about two minutes :)
group hug , hey? i like that image.. bode well for the season to come.. when it does get tough , let them be there around Alberto like a hug reminder

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
man, from the pics I seen he does look sharp at this point already. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes both summit finishes plus he has now the tactical advantage with the leader's jersey.

B-Jmd4xIYAACu83.jpg
galeria-de-fotos-y-video-de-la-crono-de-andalucia-002.jpg

BlurryVII said:
man, from the pics I seen he does look sharp at this point already. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes both summit finishes plus he has now the tactical advantage with the leader's jersey.

Now don't get too confident:p I'd be extremely happy with just the overall win (though stage wins are always nice of course :p)

Also: yellow pants:eek:

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Now that the bulldust has started in the Andalucia thread concerning doing the doubke and being tired etc. for the Tour, how much time would Froome/Quintana/Nibali need to win by to discount the effect of the Giro?

I understand it depends on conditions at the Giro and how hard it is raced, but what's a ballpark figure?

TRENDING THREADS