• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 935 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vino attacks everyone said:
Which lesser riders have I every hyped??

Vino - Arguably the greatest rider of the 21th century
Kash - The biggest talent cycling has ever had.
Nibali - Vino's disciple. Winner of all gts, Destroyer the tour 14, where both the puny Froome and the over-hyped AC started.
Aru - Without a doubt the best climber since Pantani
Lutsenko - A future 5 times LBL winner

I can't see any "lesser" riders here...

Arguably? I'm surprised at you... :p

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Jelantik said:
Looks like sky bringing their A domestique for TA - Konig, Poehls, Nieve, Kennaugh. Contador only got Basso and Kreuziger. Should be exciting TA.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tirreno-adriatico-2015/start-list

Diesel power for Tinkoff-Saxo. :)

Majka deserves a couple of chances in important stage races (Paris Nice), especially if 2 important races overlap.
What matters is that they bring the A team to the Tour.

Rogers and Kiserlovski also riding Paris Nice?

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Rogers would be important and the key to a Top3 in that TT. Especially beating Sky should be the aim. But look at how decent they did at the Vuelta with that B squad.
Short turns at the front are required from everyone. Sagan, Bennati, Tosatto, Bodnar and Alberto himself know how to push 800 m multiple times. Some of them were sprinters (Bennati) or part of great sprint trains (Tosatto) and generally very pace resistent riders.
It's better than their Vuelta team. Basso is also a good help for short distances...look at his prologue from Andalucia.

3rd - 6th place.

Could be interesting if Alberto gains 15-20 sec in the TTT over Froome. In the opposite case maybe even more. :D

Dr. Juice said:
Rogers would be important and the key to a Top3 in that TT. Especially beating Sky should be the aim. But look at how decent they did at the Vuelta with that B squad.
Short turns at the front are required from everyone. Sagan, Bennati, Tosatto, Bodnar and Alberto himself know how to push 800 m multiple times. Some of them were sprinters (Bennati) or part of great sprint trains (Tosatto) and generally very pace resistent riders.
It's better than their Vuelta team. Basso is also a good help for short distances...look at his prologue from Andalucia.

3rd - 6th place.

Could be interesting if Alberto gains 15-20 sec in the TTT over Froome. In the opposite case maybe even more. :D

Everyone except for maybe Basso is good in TTTs. In fact someone like Tosatto, Bennati or Bodnar might be better in a short TTT than Rogers.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Netserk said:
I don't know. Maybe he is racing Langkawi? It certainly is weird.

Edit: He is not racing Langkawi either. Hmm.

I've already seen reputed riders not doing neither of these races in the past. I think perhaps he is looking to preserve himself, give priority to rest to be performant on Grand Tours following last year's pattern (Was suspended first half of the season and it most likely was the best season of his career in terms of climbing performance)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Juice said:
Diesel power for Tinkoff-Saxo. :)

Majka deserves a couple of chances in important stage races (Paris Nice), especially if 2 important races overlap.
What matters is that they bring the A team to the Tour.

Rogers and Kiserlovski also riding Paris Nice?

I didn't see rogers in the rosters. But he should be at TA?. The team for Langkawi and Paris Nice have been announced. Kiserlovski is with Majka and no Rogers. I hope Majka kicked tejay freakin garderen *** ..:D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
BlurryVII said:
I've already seen reputed riders not doing neither of these races in the past. I think perhaps he is looking to preserve himself, give priority to rest to be performant on Grand Tours following last year's pattern (Was suspended first half of the season and it most likely was the best season of his career in terms of climbing performance)

hmm.. you make a good point. Wasn't that last year rogers was back racing at LBL? and he was in stellar form in the Giro and even the Tour? Maybe they did the same thing with Rogers this time..

Whatever the case, Tinkov-Saxo need a good formation for the opening TTTrial of Tirreno!

PS. Monte Teminillo is a climb I have raced up on several occasions (the last time I road up it was in August), but they never go up the harder of the two ascents, which is a real pitty.

LaFlorecita said:
Maybe some climbs near Lugano. I think he'll do a full recon later.

Ok thanks.

I only ask because I seen Froome saying he "heard a rumour" Contador wasn't going to do the Giro. Froome has never struck me as the type for mindgames, maybe he is just reiterating what Lopez said the othe week, and maybe he heard it from Lopez. It would he a shock to me if AC didn't do Giro but if he gets an "injury" preceding Giro, maybe there is something in these 'rumours' all along.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Whatever the case, Tinkov-Saxo need a good formation for the opening TTTrial of Tirreno!

PS. Monte Teminillo is a climb I have raced up on several occasions (the last time I road up it was in August), but they never go up the harder of the two ascents, which is a real pitty.

IMO the side they do is the hardest. The other side has 2 km over 9% but the rest of the climb is similar and the real climbing is only 10 km (7 km if you stop at 16xx m) compared to 15 km of climbing to the finish line (more if they did the whole climb. The other side starts at around 900 m. The classic side starts at around 500 m. Much more climbing.

Look: T-A

http://climbbybike.com/profile.asp?Climbprofile=Terminillo&MountainID=3722

The side you mentioned:

http://climbbybike.com/profile.asp?Climbprofile=Terminillo&MountainID=3721

Poursuivant said:
Ok thanks.

I only ask because I seen Froome saying he "heard a rumour" Contador wasn't going to do the Giro. Froome has never struck me as the type for mindgames, maybe he is just reiterating what Lopez said the othe week, and maybe he heard it from Lopez. It would he a shock to me if AC didn't do Giro but if he gets an "injury" preceding Giro, maybe there is something in these 'rumours' all along.

Team Sky should mind their own business and stop spreading these rumors.

Dr. Juice said:
IMO the side they do is the hardest. The other side has 2 km over 9% but the rest of the climb is similar and the real climbing is only 10 km (7 km if you stop at 16xx m) compared to 15 km of climbing to the finish line (more if they did the whole climb. The other side starts at around 900 m. The classic side starts at around 500 m. Much more climbing.

Look: T-A

http://climbbybike.com/profile.asp?Climbprofile=Terminillo&MountainID=3722

The side you mentioned:

http://climbbybike.com/profile.asp?Climbprofile=Terminillo&MountainID=3721

Nah, I've ridden up both. The side from Leonessa, not Rieti, is harder. Perhaps it is the narrower road and poorer surface that plays a factor. In addition the Rieti side toward the end flattens out nicely, although the last few k are tough again. Whereas the Leonessa side is tough the whole last 10 k.

TRENDING THREADS