• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 960 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not in the slightest worried. Contador convinced me last year, he won't make the same mistake anymore as in 2013.

Getting dropped by froome made him stronger, mentally.

The giro will be over after the first big MTF.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
I'm not in the slightest worried. Contador convinced me last year, he won't make the same mistake anymore as in 2013.

Getting dropped by froome made him stronger, mentally.

The giro will be over after the first big MTF.
i agree with you

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Thats a huge question mark for me how he was skinnier in Andulucia than now, it should be the other way around.
Maybe Escarabajo is right, he might need this weight for the double, god knows

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
As Tinkov is disrupting his own team the best he can, I'm not holding any high hopes for the already difficult double. But I'll enjoy watching him race, as long as he does :)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Carols said:
Is there any explanation for Rogers getting off yet? Other names are mentioned with illness but Rogers is always 'had to abandon'.

I'm not worried about Berto for the Giro. However I am worried about TS :(

nada story about Rogers. Which makes me curious. What actually happen with him. Did he crash or sick or like Froome - race leg MIA?. TS seems to be disarray i bet. Poor result keeps continue. I just don't get it, it seems very hard for TS boys either the star or non star to win anything while sky seems to score win easily. I bet this makes Oleg's head exploded since Brailsford has the bragging right. Nico roche is smiling ear to ear now. We need to see some spark of light from TS. Dunno, either Sagan win something or some body win something.

See the difference:

alberto_contador_pre_tour_francia_recon_pirineos_2014_contapress.jpg

WATSON_00003872-049-630x420.jpg

2014-Tour-de-France-Stage-4-10.jpg

In 40 days time he needs to be that.

DBotero said:
Is that Contador alone when the echelons formed and if he is,why they bothered to send a team in Catalunya?
They could have sent him alone and get the same result :confused:

yes he was alone the final 43km of the race. Paulinho was the final man standing before that. Majka and Basso were vomiting and Majka has climbed off, Rogers has climbed of with no explanation to date. The team is in disarray..... They did look Very strong in the first few stages.

Carols said:
DBotero said:
Is that Contador alone when the echelons formed and if he is,why they bothered to send a team in Catalunya?
They could have sent him alone and get the same result :confused:

yes he was alone the final 43km of the race. Paulinho was the final man standing before that. Majka and Basso were vomiting and Majka has climbed off, Rogers has climbed of with no explanation to date. The team is in disarray..... They did look Very strong in the first few stages.

Something must be wrong with their training too,Majka was ok and i was expecting him to beat Richie in Paris-Nice,but he collapsed.Sagan was looking ok yesterday,but towards the end of the race he was spent while Stybar and G.still have something left.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
Red Rick said:
How long till Tinkov tries to put himself in the races if this continues?

My dear @tinkoff_saxo fans.Tomorrow @1900 CET will our official press release regarding Sport Director.Wish the best tomorrow #gentwevelgem

omg are we going to hear this crazy russian will hire his botle boys in his old days playing bicycle team Tinkoff Credit? a man that we barely heard his name to lead the most profile WT Team with 2 big stars?? This better be a joke! :eek:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts