• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1009 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Miburo said:
well what does this mean?

CE-8txiVAAAoq3X.jpg
oh god! :(

Oh CRAP...... :(

Carols said:
Jack_89 said:
I just hear some good news live from Gazzetta TV. He will ready to start tomorrow , no fractures at all

No fractures is good news......I'm trying to stay upbeat. Maybe he will be okay. If not, there is Le Tour to be won :).

Best to pull out in my opinion, the TT will put a lot of stress on what could be badly damaged muscles. Pull out, heal up and focus on France.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Carols said:
Jack_89 said:
I just hear some good news live from Gazzetta TV. He will ready to start tomorrow , no fractures at all

No fractures is good news......I'm trying to stay upbeat. Maybe he will be okay. If not, there is Le Tour to be won :).
Tour svcks, only Double will satisfy our champion, thats his goal :)

MatParker117 said:
Carols said:
Jack_89 said:

Best to pull out in my opinion, the TT will put a lot of stress on what could be badly damaged muscles. Pull out, heal up and focus on France.
He's a champ....... He will NOT give up

ILovecycling said:
Carols said:
Jack_89 said:

Yes but there is always next year and if he doesn't do it then, he will have a reason to keep racing past 2016.

This year he can do Tour, Vuelta double :). I rather see that then him ride hampered and make it worse.......

LaFlorecita said:
MatParker117 said:
Carols said:
Jack_89 said:

Not saying he isn't and I admire that about him. But if tests discover any kind of strain or tear in those shoulder muscles, it's best he pull out now rather than risk the rest of his season.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
The Passion of the Contador

Seriously, he makes every stage race interesting. Love watching this guy ride.

I always said his passion is even bigger than his talent.

His drive to win...I wonder where it comes from. That always interested me.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

MatParker117 said:
Carols said:
Jack_89 said:

It would harm the intrigue of the Giro greatly, but yes. I wish that's what he would do. He simply cannot win the Giro whilst preserving energy now and that's going to kill his chances at the Tour. :/

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Carols said:
ILovecycling said:
Carols said:
Jack_89 said:

Yes but there is always next year and if he doesn't do it then, he will have a reason to keep racing past 2016.

This year he can do Tour, Vuelta double :). I rather see that then him ride hampered and make it worse.......
Thanks you are that optimistic Carol, one of the things I love on americans :) .I dont want to see him hampered, but if he is ok to go then its very bad for his recovery during Giro - which affects Tour result :/

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

SeriousSam said:
MatParker117 said:
Carols said:
Jack_89 said:

It would harm the intrigue of the Giro greatly, but yes. I wish that's what he would do. He simply cannot win the Giro whilst preserving energy now and that's going to kill his chances at the Tour. :/
This :cryinoutloud: *** it made me sad even after passed exam :(

Vamos Alberto!!!!!

MatParker117 said:
LaFlorecita said:
MatParker117 said:
Carols said:
Jack_89 said:

Not saying he isn't and I admire that about him. But if tests discover any kind of strain or tear in those shoulder muscles, it's best he pull out now rather than risk the rest of his season.

If that was the problem then it wouldnt be "shoulder dislocation". The issue is sceletal and what they check is if the skeleton has been hurt around the shoulder area. Every organic check is on the nerves in the hand and/or if the bloodcirculation is satisfactory before putting the shoulder back.

You Sky doctors doesnt know what you are talking about to put it simple. :)

Borja Cuadrado ‏@BorjaCuadrado 1m1 minute ago
Contador (1): "He sufrido la dislocación con la caída. Al levantarme, se me ha salido el hombro y mi reacción ha sido ponerlo en su sitio"
Borja Cuadrado ‏@BorjaCuadrado 2m2 minutes ago View translation
Contador (2): "Pensaba que me había roto la clavícula. Al subirme al podio se me salió el hombro de nuevo. Ahora, máxima precaución posible"
!!!!! :eek:
So his shoulder got dislocated twice :eek:

TRENDING THREADS