• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1024 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Carols said:
Big smiles again on the podium, he is Happy :). One more nasty day to get through and then some rest. He should be good by the ITT. Aru and Porte must be saying....geez if we couldn't get rid of him now, when are we going to be able to?
True , and also in interviews post- race , he was smiling and joking. Very good sign

Re: Re:

infeXio said:
DominicDecoco said:
Haha, cycling has got its very own 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. This acting is bloody hilarious and I can't believe some are buying into it. There's f'uck all wrong with him. Let's get that straight. It's like his leg excuse all over again.

You're cute :)

Couldn't get his helmet on during the stage with his left arm even if his life depended on it.. (he was in front of the peloton aware of a camera focusing on him afterall...)

Cut to 2 hours later..

CFIvt5-UsAAxwsc.jpg

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
DominicDecoco said:
Haha, cycling has got its very own 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. This acting is bloody hilarious and I can't believe some are buying into it. There's f'uck all wrong with him. Let's get that straight. It's like his leg excuse all over again.
Yep, and those doctors that signed the medical report are all part of the conspiracy. Get real. He might not be too badly hurt but there is definitely something wrong with him. Same goes for his injury last year.
Ignore these comments. If any other rider dislocated their shoulder and went on to win a Giro or Tour or double they'd go down in history as a great. Bear that in mind. If he wins Giro against adversity like this it becomes the great win. Now test after test are being passed. Aru, Porte et al should start to feel afraid because the great one is coming back. Game on!

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Pricey_sky said:
Carols said:
Big smiles again on the podium, he is Happy :). One more nasty day to get through and then some rest. He should be good by the ITT. Aru and Porte must be saying....geez if we couldn't get rid of him now, when are we going to be able to?

Porte is surely keeping his powder dry for the TT now, as for Aru who knows? He needs to take time on Alberto and Porte as he will lose a fair amount on Wednesday.

Porte is definetely not as strong as it seems. He is lurking but at the end when he attacks, hard like he did at one point today, he can't make any difference.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Re:

DominicDecoco said:

I don't respond much but please don't compare him to cristiano Ronaldo, not even remotely alike.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Still he's just in fine shape, and the shoulder thing isn't a issue anymore.

So let's just enjoy two great weaks with the big four and a strong Astana team! :)

Re:

DominicDecoco said:

Do you imagine all the Giro doctors are in Oleg's pay or something? As for the 'leg excuses', go and find the MRI scans on the internet.

Why come on this thread merely to add a bit of bile to people enjoying the outcome of the race.

On a happier topic, was a loooong and nervy day, but have to say, I am starting to dare that it might come right. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Are Sky and Porte keeping powder dry or is this all he's got? Aru at least taking the fight to Alberto. Astana are so strong.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
This shoulder thing may end up being a good thing for him when it comes to the double attempt...

Makes sure he takes it a little more easy and restrain his energies...

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Contador is just gonna go ham right after the TT, he'll most likely wrap it up on madonna di camp and Cervinia. He's gonna improve day by day, and be close to a peak by the 3rd week.
I'm starting to believe he'll be seriously strong at the Tour with the Training camp in between Giro and Tour but we'll see.

Re:

BlurryVII said:
Contador is just gonna go ham right after the TT, he'll most likely wrap it up on madonna di camp and Cervinia. He's gonna improve day by day, and be close to a peak by the 3rd week.
I'm starting to believe he'll be seriously strong at the Tour with the Training camp in between Giro and Tour but we'll see.

I starting to dare to hope that…as you say, we'll see.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

BlurryVII said:

Giro is the training camp. Between Giro and Tour, there will be just rest and some light spinning at altitude :cool:

Jancouver said:
BlurryVII said:

Giro is the training camp. Between Giro and Tour, there will be just rest and some light spinning at altitude :cool:

Doesn't he have a race scheduled? Pretty sure he does! Maybe he'll skip it though depending on how he comes out of this race.

"I had a fantastic team and you could see the work that they’ve done. We managed to get Landa out there and I’m really happy with how it’s gone today. I think Contador is fine, there’s nothing wrong with him." - Aru

Probably just asked how Contador seemed out there today + translation, so wouldn't put to much into t

Re:

Vino attacks everyone said:
"I had a fantastic team and you could see the work that they’ve done. We managed to get Landa out there and I’m really happy with how it’s gone today. I think Contador is fine, there’s nothing wrong with him." - Aru

Probably just asked how Contador seemed out there today + translation, so wouldn't put to much into t
yeah reads like he's saying Alberto performed just fine, not that he didn't actually have an injury.

Anybody who has the gradients for the TT? Porte is still favorite for the time trial, but his TT-abilities (in particular prologues) seem to have become significally worse since he become a better climber (mountain TT's aside).

Maybe Contador could even win the TT if he doesn't feel to much discomfort with his arms and hans.

DominicDecoco said:
infeXio said:
DominicDecoco said:

You're cute :)

Couldn't get his helmet on during the stage with his left arm even if his life depended on it.. (he was in front of the peloton aware of a camera focusing on him afterall...)

Cut to 2 hours later..

CFIvt5-UsAAxwsc.jpg

lol. the guy is a complete phony.

the "perceptive" ones of us have known this for years.

the chamois-sniffers...well...they're chamois-sniffers, believing the myth just as the pharmstrong zealots did.

watch him go full genius right after the second rest day.

and, where oh where are those pesky "allergies" that have always been the reason for any counter-performance when "prepping" his body for the TDF?

Lol. he is laughing at most of you as he enjoys his bank account.

Re:

WheelofGear said:
Anybody who has the gradients for the TT? Porte is still favorite for the time trial, but his TT-abilities (in particular prologues) seem to have become significally worse since he become a better climber (mountain TT's aside).

Maybe Contador could even win the TT if he doesn't feel to much discomfort with his arms and hans.
No way Contador wins that TT, it's way too flat and way too long for him. But I doubt he'll lose much. 1 minute max to Uran and 30 seconds max to Porte. I would not be surprised if he beats Porte.
tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_14.jpg

Alberto says he barely has to go out of the saddle, the hills are that flat ( :eek: )