• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1031 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

ILovecycling said:
Alberto sprinting :eek: :D

328-9c516406-afc6-4bf2-8b3a-f580f82e23c9.jpg
On the drops hehe :D

Crap....after TT testing this AM he is adjusting his position for the shoulder. Hopefully it will feel well enough by Saturday not to!

Meanwhile this was very interesting: “The other day we weighed up the possibility of giving the jersey to Niemec, but it was not so easy. When we stopped working Astana went on the front. It’s entirely possible that the maglia changes hands a lot between here and Milan. But our objective is to have the maglia rosa there, on the final day.”

They were going to give it away! We shall see.

Many good quotes here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-may-loan-out-maglia-rosa-but-still-confident-for-giro-ditalia

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
ray j willings said:
SeriousSam said:
One thing I've been wondering is this: Do you guys expect Contador to take Porte's soul in the third week, ie to drop him for good at a MTF? I'm not talking about sprinting away in the last km for 11 seconds like at the Vuelta last year, but bringing down the hammer, like Froome has done on his rivals on multiple occasions.

Like this you mean

http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube3/?title=Last+10+Km+of+Stage+3&dashboard=vuelta-a-andalucia-ruta-ciclista-del-sol&id=arDWUzDwh8I&start=3&yr=2015

Not quite, I was thinking of an attack that really blows Porte to pieces. Keeping with the Ruta del Sol, more like this
http://www.steephill.tv/players/720/cyclingtv/?title=Stage+4+Final+Km+Recap&dashboard=vuelta-a-andalucia-ruta-ciclista-del-sol&id=3382&yr=2015
if the attack had occurred earlier, the gap would have been huge. That sort of thing.

But he didn't because he knows he would have run out of steam. and he did not get that much time and that was obviously not a healthy Bertie who only the day before went from nearly 10k. 10k :D
Its lucky that stage happened or you would have had nothing to post from the last 2 years, I on the other hand have shed loads of Bertie dropping Froome when both riders are equally fit.
Enjoy...no you won't because Bertie is giving froome a beating :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YScKkvHIxwE

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Watched that vid a few times. The first song is quite catchy. It's amusing how easily people leap to the conclusion that I must be a Dawg zealot who cannot bear the thought of Contador winning because I retain some objectiveness and do not let wishful thinking cloud my thinking. If anything, the reverse is true. :p

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Watched that vid a few times. The first song is quite catchy. It's amusing how easily people leap to the conclusion that I must be a Dawg zealot who cannot bear the thought of Contador winning because I retain some objectiveness and do not let wishful thinking cloud my thinking. If anything, the reverse is true. :p

That was a fast reply and I respect your view and it's all done in in the spirit of fun.
We all know that Dawg is a great rider.

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I think that Alberto Contador is going to win the Giro d’Italia. He is just the best of all the participants of the Giro this year.
I think his main threat for the victory is going to be Fabio Aru. Fabio is a very great and young rider but he lags the experience for winning a big race like the Giro. Also Alberto is a better TT-rider as Fabio so with a TT of 59,2 km coming up Alberto certainly has the advantage. I think that Astana and Tinkoff are equally strong. Astana has a strong team with Dario Cataldo, Tanel Kanger, Mikel Landa and Luis León Sánchez. But Alberto Contador has some great riders like, Ivan Basso, Roman Kreuziger, Michael Rogers and Matteo Tosatto working for him.
Another rider where Alberto has to look out for is Porte. He is a very good TT-rider so I think that he is going to gain 1 and a half minute in the TT. But he will lose this time in the mountains.
Yesterday we saw that Uran couldn't keep up with the pace so I think that he isn't going to be a threat for Alberto.
My prediction 1 Alberto Contador
2 Fabio Aru
3 Richie Porte

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Bertie says he is changing his TT position....changing a TT position so suddenly can have disastrous results remember one of the Belkin boys disaster TT after changing his position for the new bike last year in Tour TT...i think it was Mollema

but i guess it wont be that bad as he will be just changing his arm positioning

Re:

Testing his position was the sole intention of today no matter the feeling (good or bad) on bike. It is a necessary precautionary measure so that he doesnt gets a negative surprise come Saturday and makes even more lesser adjustments with the risk of making a slight worse TT then he have to. Now he knows what to (eventually) expect and what needs to be done in the heat of battle. Its no revolutionary things at work here.

And it is a overhanging IF here. Saturday is a bit away and the overall message in the article is that he seems to feel pretty good.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
I think it's a bluff as well. He will do an excellent TT, but if the other think/get the impression that he will do badly, they may think they don't have to use the terrain before it.
Yep, this came to my mind when I heard it :D

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

WheelofGear said:
Is being the last to start in the TT an advantage for Contador?
Yes, for two reasons, he gets more information about the course and how quick rivals are going so he can pace himself better, and psychologically, there is no risk being of being overtaken by the Australian Time Trial champ

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
WheelofGear said:
Is being the last to start in the TT an advantage for Contador?
Yes, for two reasons, he gets more information about the course and how quick rivals are going so he can pace himself better, and psychologically, there is no risk being of being overtaken by the Australian Time Trial champ
you said three reasons...

Re:

Jack_89 said:
I'm not so sure that will eventually change the position. There are still five days, there is time to recover

And then we know him , often spreads nice lies :D

Today a pro rider told me that a friend of him saw Contador on TV spanish program with crutches, after to be 4 hours training... It is his way, he say now he will lose aerodinamic...for sure he wont, it is just the same theatre than ever, becouse from tomorrow onwards that illness is totally the past.

He said as well the climbs are very soft, where both of them has sections plus than 10 %.. of course is not an ITT for climbers, it is ideal for Tony Martin, but the climbs are not soft.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Contador, what a liar, I mean here we have a rider who comes down quite hard and injures his shoulder,mentions in a interview that he will have to change his TT position so he will be more comfortable
What a bastard. I mean Porte and Aru's heads will be spinning, just how many cm's will Bertie move his arms on the bars :D

You cheeky Bertie haters.

TRENDING THREADS