• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1042 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
With pink jersey, Aru might surprise everyone tomorrow. He might god knows does a monstrous ITT in his life. And with god knows what, either alberto hurts his shoulder again or not, tomorrow is nothing but certain. I kinda disappointed though that he lost his jersey today just like that *snapping finger*

Even though I would incline to believe that he will got his jersey back tomorrow *finger crossed*, but so far this Giro is nothing but surprises. Who will think that Aru after 2 days back to back struggling is now in pink with 19 seconds ahead of contador? Contador fought to the tooth and nail and gained time up on Aru until 3.2km today, just to be involved in another crash again and lost it all. (and he is not even on the side of where the crash happen. He got the wave again!!) Gosh he is been fighting the luck. It's like doing the double Giro-Tour is hard enough to achieve, now he has to be thrown with all the bad luck along the way to conquer it. Geezzz. No wonder he is thinking of retiring soon.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Carols said:
indianfanboy said:
I havent watched only two stages this Giro and in both of them he crashed...not gonna miss any stages any more

Exactly me too! I think it is safe to have a real life on these boring sprint stages, and they have been the worst ones for him :(

Lets hope he is alright physically for tomorows's TT

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't think Contador will win this Giro. Something else will happen for sure.

Don't get your hopes up too much, tomorrow is soaking wet, with the confidence gone on a bike, Alberto will not get the pink back and will lose a big chunk of time.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
It's his own fault, that's what happens when you're not in the front. But yea let's blame aru and bad luck.

WTF is your problem?

the only blame is on the stupid 3 km rule on a rainy stage.

and no. i wont blame position of bertie there. he just was on the wrong side of the road. if he was riding a bit more towards right, he wouldnt have got caught in that crash.

Also watch how well the team had placed one rider behind him to hand over the bike. he was standing without bike for barely 3 seconds.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
It's his own fault, that's what happens when you're not in the front. But yea let's blame aru and bad luck.

And why does a crash have to happen the only time he is not in the first 5 spots of the peloton?

BlurryVII said:

Don't get your hopes up too much, tomorrow is soaking wet, with the confidence gone on a bike, Alberto will not get the pink back and will lose a big chunk of time.
Oh come on, dude. I know I can be bad when it comes to overreacting but this is too much, even for me.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Contador was sliding on left butt cheek from what I saw. Crash happened when he was under the trees so no idea if he contacted his left arm. When he's sliding he's holding it in the air. Here's a screen cap.

Attachments

• 2015-05-22_10-11-46.png
    2015-05-22_10-11-46.png
    196 KB · Views: 146
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
what is the problem with people who come here just to bash bertie. if you dont like him, get out of this thread. esp when bertie had a bad day.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
BlurryVII said:

Oh come on, dude. I know I can be bad when it comes to overreacting but this is too much, even for me.

well said.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Arredondo said:
Oh no, there we go again :eek:

Contador, con un golpe en la pierna izquierda: “Es lo que más me preocupa”. http://bit.ly/1Gu1Q2J #Giro
Seriously, he should just shut up, he doesn't need all these theatrics.

But why does he act like that this Giro? I've got the impression he changed the last 1.5 year in terms of playing with his rivals and the media. Big champions like Alberto should act like champions imo.

Arredondo said:
LaFlorecita said:
Arredondo said:

Contador, con un golpe en la pierna izquierda: “Es lo que más me preocupa”. http://bit.ly/1Gu1Q2J #Giro

But why does he act like that this Giro? I've got the impression he changed the last 1.5 year in terms of playing with his rivals and the media. Big champions like Alberto should act like champions imo.
It's not just this Giro, he's always sandbagging, just ask Taxus :p

Arredondo said:
LaFlorecita said:
Arredondo said:

Miguel Indurain was well known for feigning weakness when he was strong and vice versa.