• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1101 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Why don't they just have Jesus retire and be hired as staff? He could go wherever Contador goes for training and races. Contador gets his friend and a useful teammate...

Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
sacrifice&hardwork said:
sacrifice&hardwork said:
Change are (*) this might be the Tour team:

Alberto Contador
Michael Rogers
Sergio Paulinho
Rafal Majka
Jesus Hernandez
Robert Kiserlovski
Peter Sagan
Daniele Bennati
Michael Valgren

*99%

OK. So with Roman(totally changes things) now being able to ride, the team shall (probably) be:

Alberto Contador
Michael Rogers
Sergio Paulinho
Roman Kreuziger
Rafal Majka
Robert Kiserlovski*
Peter Sagan
Daniele Bennati
Michael Valgren

*The last spot should be between Jesus Hernandez and Robert Kiserlovski but I'm giving the edge to Robert.

he wasn't that bad in today's stage. So he most likely will make the team. Besides, wasn't he supposed to replace Roche as the new climbing talent?

Kiserlowski was amazing as superdom for Horner in 13 vuelta.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

The Hitch said:
Jelantik said:
sacrifice&hardwork said:
sacrifice&hardwork said:
Change are (*) this might be the Tour team:

Alberto Contador
Michael Rogers
Sergio Paulinho
Rafal Majka
Jesus Hernandez
Robert Kiserlovski
Peter Sagan
Daniele Bennati
Michael Valgren

*99%

OK. So with Roman(totally changes things) now being able to ride, the team shall (probably) be:

Alberto Contador
Michael Rogers
Sergio Paulinho
Roman Kreuziger
Rafal Majka
Robert Kiserlovski*
Peter Sagan
Daniele Bennati
Michael Valgren

*The last spot should be between Jesus Hernandez and Robert Kiserlovski but I'm giving the edge to Robert.

he wasn't that bad in today's stage. So he most likely will make the team. Besides, wasn't he supposed to replace Roche as the new climbing talent?

Kiserlowski was amazing as superdom for Horner in 13 vuelta.
And he looks pretty good these days!

Re:

Miburo said:
Cause basso is one of the most popular riders of the team obviously, i don't believe he'll be in it.
Lol that would be the most stupid thing ever.
And Mick Rogers is so popular too obviously.

Anyway, I'd rather see Basso in the team than Jesus, Jesus is basically nothing more than Alberto's pet.

Also, supposedly many riders from the Giro team would ride the Tour too. Does Contador and Rogers qualify as many? (Kreuziger's case wasn't dropped yet when the team said that)

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Froome doesnt look good he normally comes to the Dauphine in top form.Sky looks inconsistent too..Alberto looks good for the Tour win IMO we'll have to wait and see where Quintana is

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
indianfanboy said:
Froome doesnt look good he normally comes to the Dauphine in top form.Sky looks inconsistent too..Alberto looks good for the Tour win IMO we'll have to wait and see where Quintana is
I agree with you :)

And next week you'll panick like crazy when quintana drops Contador.

Stage 10 tour 2015, then we'll really know.

Miburo said:
LaFlorecita said:
indianfanboy said:

And next week you'll panick like crazy when quintana drops Contador.

Stage 10 tour 2015, then we'll really know.
Stop telling me what I will do.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

indianfanboy said:

That doesn't mean anything, as we don't know anything about AC's form yet.

It's true that at the moment the favorites in this dauphiné all look pretty average, put on an attack and then crack.
But it's not about AC's rivals, it's about AC's form.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

BlurryVII said:
indianfanboy said:

That doesn't mean anything, as we don't know anything about AC's form yet.

It's true that at the moment the favorites in this dauphiné all look pretty average, put on an attack and then crack.
But it's not about AC's rivals, it's about AC's form.

Thats very true cause if AC has top form there isnt any rival its easy as that, however since he did the giro he wont be at 100% since its not possible the question however is how good will he be and my concern how good will quintana be? Gonne be a nice TDF regardless, and hopefully we avoid many crashes since that can always ruin the fun a little :cool:

LaFlorecita said:
indianfanboy said:

As do I.

And whilst it is 'about ACs form', comparing these guys to ACs Giro form makes me more optimistic than I was. AC wasn't on top top form there, but I'm not convinced there's the mutant level from anyone else on show yet.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Electress said:
LaFlorecita said:
indianfanboy said:

As do I.

And whilst it is 'about ACs form', comparing these guys to ACs Giro form makes me more optimistic than I was. AC wasn't on top top form there, but I'm not convinced there's the mutant level from anyone else on show yet.

Contador will be much better in TDF than the giro as that has been the plan all along when they planned the giro-tour double, question is just how good will he be :p

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

blackmamba said:
Electress said:
LaFlorecita said:
indianfanboy said:

As do I.

Contador will be much better in TDF than the giro as that has been the plan all along when they planned the giro-tour double, question is just how good will he be :p

Lol, I don't know about that but if he is "much better than he was at the Giro" then barring crashes, he is winning the Tour hands down.
But he can as well completely fade or show bad form from the start and get crushed, we just don't know at all.

TRENDING THREADS