• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1110 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I agree with the list, just change Tossato with Valgren. I am just afraid that three flat guys (one of them being Sagan, who will no matter what try to save himself for some sprints) are not quite enough. OK, Rogers could do some work on the front, but it would be so much better if Bodnar would not get hurt and would be in there instead of Basso (unless Basso somehow manages to find monstrous form, which I very much doubt it will happen...).

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
So you think one of the best GT riders ever and his team of trainers doesn't know how he needs to prepare for the TDF after riding the Giro? Think about that for a second.

Yep.

LaFlorecita said:
Just make a banner with a short message to catch people's (and Alberto's!) attention, like "go Alberto!" or something more creative :p and make sure to refer to his 9 GT wins in some shape or form :p

This reminds me laFlo, we still going to Utrecht with a huge banner with the text "your biggest fan ever is here Alberto!" . I'll hold it above your head near the tinkoff bus.

I believe red rick wanted to come as well. I suggested this early this year.

I can go with friends or with my brother, but I guess going with Contador biggest fan and maybe some more nice board members could be fun :D
Also because you are real cycling fans instead july tourists like my friends/bro.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
So fleur please tell me, does he look good??? ;)

nom5AuB.jpg

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

The_Cheech said:
Miburo said:
So fleur please tell me, does he look good??? ;)

nom5AuB.jpg

He is saying "I'm about to climb this sucka!".

Bertie is going to get off his bike and start trying to climb that pole. That's exactly what I was thinking, it makes perfect sense and obviously is an important part of his tour preparation.
Pole climbing
:D

I say no fu%%ing way.

Kwibus said:
LaFlorecita said:
Just make a banner with a short message to catch people's (and Alberto's!) attention, like "go Alberto!" or something more creative :p and make sure to refer to his 9 GT wins in some shape or form :p

This reminds me laFlo, we still going to Utrecht with a huge banner with the text "your biggest fan ever is here Alberto!" . I'll hold it above your head near the tinkoff bus.

I believe red rick wanted to come as well. I suggested this early this year.

I can go with friends or with my brother, but I guess going with Contador biggest fan and maybe some more nice board members could be fun :D
Also because you are real cycling fans instead july tourists like my friends/bro.

If anyone is invited, then I'll hop on the ferry and join you there!

And I think he's looking pretty lean.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

indianfanboy said:
Majka finished around 1:30 down on Pinot today ...hope he improves drastically for the Tour

I noticed that there were at least two Astana and two Sky riders who finished ahead of Majka on today's summit finish in the Tour de Suisse. Unless he has a jump in his form, he may not be that much help to Contador on the final climbs in the TDF. So a bit like the rest of Contador's teammates I guess..

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re:

indianfanboy said:
Majka finished around 1:30 down on Pinot today ...hope he improves drastically for the Tour

He have never been really good in the races before GT's. Always outside top10, so I wouldn't read too much into it. There's still 4 weeks until the climbs in the Tour.

I really hope that Rodgers and Basso will be better at the Tour, like Alberto. Kiserlovski looked fine though.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

buchanan said:
indianfanboy said:

I noticed that there were at least two Astana and two Sky riders who finished ahead of Majka on today's summit finish in the Tour de Suisse. Unless he has a jump in his form, he may not be that much help to Contador on the final climbs in the TDF. So a bit like the rest of Contador's teammates I guess..

I agree. A little disappointed with Majka. He got outclimbed by Gerraint Thomas :eek: (huh?) How come this guy changing from being heavy for classic, to a lean machine to be able to climb the mountain in like what 4 weeks? We are talking about hard core tough mountain here. Compare to Majka who has been preparing since the beginning of the season, he still got out climbed by classic rider... <sigh>

I wonder if they are going to bring Kreuziger too? he wasn't in the line up for Route du Sud? Maybe TS thinking the same thing as Sky? (I haven't seen Porte in their line up for slovenia too).

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re:

SkyTears said:
i think Contador pick the worst year to attempt the double

i don't remember any TdF so stacked with top guys

He's been saying he needs a challenge for a while now.

When I read between the lines it all sounds as though he's got enough money in the bank and isn't turned on by a single GT, hence him taking on both, Giro + TdF.

I also think he is being genuine when he says that he wants to retire at the end of next year.

If he pulls it off (wins GdI + TdF) and then goes to the Vuelta, and wins it, then he can say that he is one of the best.

TRENDING THREADS