• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1280 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Alberto's my favorite rider, before all of the touchy touchy ladies become mad.
Thing is, there is so many *** storm over his weight, oh he is very lean! Oh, his arm looks like is 30 grams lighter than last week!!! Oh, it looks 5 grams heavier today!

It is ridiculous. He wants to win TdF again, so he knows what he has to do. Plus, he's accompanied by pros, so I really don't get why the fuzz. And I also don't get why there is so much anger in this forum towards those who don't agree with the trend lol

Alberto trained with Nico Roche today. Here they are having a coffee:
2z3qpp2.jpg

Nico should talk to Dawg and ask for tips on how to train properly. Didn't he get the memo? NO coffee stops.
I bet Dawg did 7 hours today and then another 9 after he turned off his power meter. Cause that's just what he does.

LaFlorecita said:
2z3qpp2.jpg

Nico should talk to Dawg and ask for tips on how to train properly. Didn't he get the memo? NO coffee stops.
I bet Dawg did 7 hours today and then another 9 after he turned off his power meter. Cause that's just what he does.

Nico is there to check in on AC's fat levels and climbing fitness. Sky knows they need to be ready.

Jspear said:
LaFlorecita said:
2z3qpp2.jpg

Nico is there to check in on AC's fat levels and climbing fitness. Sky knows they need to be ready.
That's why Alberto is wearing his time and space bending training kit :)

LaFlorecita said:
Jspear said:
LaFlorecita said:
2z3qpp2.jpg

That's why Alberto is wearing his time and space bending training kit :)

That's not the only purpose of the kit. It also magically makes you train harder because you don't want to be recognized in a kit as ugly as that, making you ride so hard that all people are seeing is a grey blur

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Jspear said:
LaFlorecita said:
2z3qpp2.jpg

Well it's nice to see they are friends off bike.

Jelantik said:
Jspear said:
LaFlorecita said:
2z3qpp2.jpg

Well it's nice to see they are friends off bike.

Nooo. You are getting it all wrong. They actually hate eachother, but do this because of the "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" thingy.
C'mon this the CN forum where most people see hostilities and schemes behind the most innocent moments.

LaFlorecita said:
2z3qpp2.jpg

Call me a traditionalist but 3/4 length tights are just wrong!

ferryman said:
LaFlorecita said:
2z3qpp2.jpg

Call me a traditionalist but 3/4 length tights are just wrong!

You're probably the only one who noticed that! :p

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Jspear said:
ferryman said:
LaFlorecita said:
2z3qpp2.jpg

It's his right leg, of course, but if you look at it differently it could be he's either pregnant or had quite the christmas dinner.

Nilsson said:
Jspear said:
ferryman said:
LaFlorecita said:
2z3qpp2.jpg

It's his right leg, of course, but if you look at it differently it could be he's either pregnant or had quite the christmas dinner.

Ha ha! Yes, I see that...Yikes he has a lot of training to do.

Super and hilarious exchange!

But to me it all comes down to the '16 TdF, if the top Bertie can slaughter a 63kg Goliath :D . Only HE can do it. To me, the Alberto Contador discussion stops there: can HE do it? And either way, I wonder: is it good for cycling?

Tonton said:

But to me it all comes down to the '16 TdF, if the top Bertie can slaughter a 63kg Goliath :D . Only HE can do it. To me, the Alberto Contador discussion stops there: can HE do it? And either way, I wonder: is it good for cycling?

He is capable of beating Froome, he'll just have to work his butt off and time things perfectly. And yes it'll be beautiful for cycling....absolutely glorious. :D

Tonton said:

I'm not sure if he can do it but I hopes so. Froome is remarkable but beatable but maybe not by Bertie this last time. Quintana screams out at me for next year. But I'm also so looking forward to seeing the very impressive and fearless Aru there as well. But hoping Bertie bags it for a legacy that will put him down as one of the greats (he's already there though in my humble opinion).

ferryman said:
Tonton said:

I'm not sure if he can do it but I hopes so. Froome is remarkable but beatable but maybe not by Bertie this last time. Quintana screams out at me for next year. But I'm also so looking forward to seeing the very impressive and fearless Aru there as well. But hoping Bertie bags it for a legacy that will put him down as one of the greats (he's already there though in my humble opinion).

I had hoped for Quintana last year, but his passivity and all the comments he made after that just scream at me that he doesn't have a champion's mentality and that he's just gonna wait for a Tour that where it's basically handed to him

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
ferryman said:
Tonton said:

I don't know if he can do it, but I do know he'll try anywhere he can, part of what makes him and Nairo, whom I like too, so different.
Here's hoping for a great 2016 :)

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/aru-hopes-emulate-contador-182334535.html

Fabio Aru insists he will work extremely hard to reach the level of his idol Alberto Contador and continue challenging at Grand Tours.

"First of all Alberto is my idol. When someone like him congratulates you, you just have to be proud and keep giving it all to improve," Aru told Omnisport.

"Contador is a special person who teaches you many things when you talk to him.

"When I had the chance to spend some time with him I was able to use all his tips. I thank him for those.

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
He means business!!!! He's definitely ready for whatever comes his way. It's just sad to know that 2016 could be his last season.

He has about four months left to really know whether he'll officially hang up his wheels after competing at the Olympics next year.

TRENDING THREADS