• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1411 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
LaFlorecita said:
The NetApp guy wears one too, I don't know why it offends you :confused:
Exactly, and the NetApp guy looks just as stupid.

We all laugh at The Chicken for going to extreme lengths to save weight, but then we say nothing when other riders stick a chunk of sell-o-tape on their noses?
Its Konig FYI :)

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
A pic today from the training camp. Wonder why the kinesio tape, hope he didn't crash etc.
124u9g4.png

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
peloton said:
A pic today from the training camp. Wonder why the kinesio tape, hope he didn't crash etc.
124u9g4.png
Actually it's a photo from February, I asked the person who took the photo and he was in Tenerife at the start of February :)
I saw the tape too, so I was glad to hear it was months ago and not recent!! :eek:
Yep,this not 2014 look alike ;)

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
2014 was no way near to 2009. In 2009 dauphine he helped valverde win the race chaseing down all the attacks. plus in the tour he only had paulinho as a domestique haveing to battle the schelcks and even his own team. Imagine haveing Lance Armstrong psyk your 24/7 douring the tour and still have energy to focus on the road. Wiggins wanted to quit the 2012 tour beacuse of froome. Imagine if lance had been on his team :p In 2009 he won the tour by over 4 min and analated the combetition. I dont think we are ever gonna se that level again.. And btw the nose strip looks awesome .. all old school riders wore them and it helps you breathing through the nose

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Matteo. said:
in truth, the thing that worries me most for him is the presence of Nibali in the Tour..when he's riding, often there are accidents and withdrawals
.u_u

That tends to happen when Nibali is in contention, he was not last year, nothing happened, he will not be this year. He has no chance whatsoever to even have an influence in the race.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

infeXio said:
BlurryVII said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF6VgOeH-Ez/?taken-by=acontadoroficial

He looks like Armstrong on this pic lol, muscle to fat ratio at its best. I just can't wait for Dauphiné.

Is that a new picture? Thought they only used that kit in the off-season

It's his official insta, he posted the picture 4 hours ago. La Datcha kit is for any training session / camp.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

BlurryVII said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF6VgOeH-Ez/?taken-by=acontadoroficial

He looks like Armstrong on this pic lol, muscle to fat ratio at its best. I just can't wait for Dauphiné.
yeaaaa....biatch (the best aaron paul impersonation :D )

...this is 2014
:cool:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Contador looks so *** strong. Gotta calm down, but if he wins this prologue and with a good margin, i'm gonna get drunk celebrating his tour victory.

Let the dauphine begin, will be an amazing battle between him and froome

TRENDING THREADS