• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1462 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully there's headwind on arcalis, that might help.

Then again Contador took 20 sec with headwin in 1.5km on arcalis, last time. Lance wasn't happy :p

That acceleration was crazy, he almost flew in the corner uphill.

phAFPgiTDF09st72.jpg

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
Both of the ITT in the tour aren't flat either, the first one is pretty good for Contador And the second one is perfect for him

Not that sure the climbs are very easy in the first one, more a matter of power than climbing.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
7km at 5% and 4km at 5% is perfect for Contador, he's great at that.

Don't think Martin can win it, he's not in his prime anyyways anymore.

If this was '09 Contador he would win this ITT.

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
7km at 5% and 4km at 5% is perfect for Contador, he's great at that.

Don't think Martin can win it, he's not in his prime anyyways anymore.

If this was '09 Contador he would win this ITT.

Well, I still think that it misses a steeper climb. He would probably win indeed ! But i'm still confident that he can reach this kind of level !

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It isn't, it's not that contador was always in a great position even with these guys. For echelons it sucks but oh well.

Just gotta pray he won't crash in the first week

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Besides Contador has Sagan and in crucial times Sagan will help him out. He was a beast in last years tour.

Closed all the gaps on the cobbles and in the echelon stage he closed a crucial gap for Contador.

Re:

Miburo said:
Besides Contador has Sagan and in crucial times Sagan will help him out. He was a beast in last years tour.

Closed all the gaps on the cobbles and in the echelon stage he closed a crucial gap for Contador.

Hopefully that doesn't mean that Sagan will slave more for Contador on the flat stages....

Bennati is a big loss IMO.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

BlurryVII said:
Mayomaniac said:
BlurryVII said:
Contador's in the Dolomites for the last training camp
Do you know where exactly?

Livigno
Ok, thanks for the reply.
The Livigno range is usually not considered to be a part of the Dolomites (the Brenta group is the only dolomitic group west of river Adige), so I thought that he was training around the classic mountain passes of the dolomites.

Fans of our great sport embrace
To scorn and hate the skybot race
Consume the light that hugs the road
and detest those who ride in alien mode
To a champion that will appear
And guide us through this final year
And Froome will get wrecked like never before
By Alberto Contador

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
BlurryVII said:
Mayomaniac said:
BlurryVII said:
Contador's in the Dolomites for the last training camp
Do you know where exactly?

Livigno
Ok, thanks for the reply.
The Livigno range is usually not considered to be a part of the Dolomites (the Brenta group is the only dolomitic group west of river Adige), so I thought that he was training around the classic mountain passes of the dolomites.

He only sleeps there but he does extend his training zone, in 2014 he climbed Gavia, Mortirolo among other classics

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
Not enough hype in heeeeerrreeeee.

Now where is Miburo when you need him

Was dating a chick, sorry i *** up my priorities.

He's clearly crushing it right now. This tour is made for him.

It's going to be amazing to see Contador hang on when the sky train goes full genius and froome won't be able to drop him.

No way, Contador just needs that 2014 face, Froome fears that face, not that little rider from Colombia but that face. Why do you think Froome crashed so much in the dauphine and the tour in 2014? He knew what he was facing.