• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1488 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Merphos said:
New shoes for AC

wx2S0A0048-609x428.jpg
Just noticed, look at his leg :cool:

You can see Sagan suffering because Contador is so skinny Sagan's barely drafting

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Jspear said:
Mr.White said:
TheYouyou7 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Did he ever show a similar level to 2014 this year tho? I dont remember him dropping Valverde like a stone in his favoured terrain, going solo on Lancino and dropping Quintana like a stone with 40 km or whatever, his insane performance on the last day of Dauphine... I can't quite see it. He has disappointed a fair amount on the most important MTF's this year (La Madone, Port Aine, Vaujany). Im still sceptic.

In TA 2014, Quintana was going for the Giro he was not good.

La Madone was not a climb barely a false flat...
Port Aine was not that terible+ he was dumb
Vaujany: Dont know what happened.

Nonsence! In 2013 Nibali was going for the Giro and he was good.

Different people, different build ups and approaches to reaching the Giro in top form.

No, no. Same build up, Quintana was good, but Alberto was out of this world! :p

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I know the little hill on sunday is 1.9KM and 6.5% but does anyone here know the exact gradient for each 100 meter ish thing ? I mean it doesnt seem to be that hard for the likes of Contador and the other GC contenders to go at it unless it gets like 15% on the last 500-600 meters. 1.9KM with 6.5% doesnt seems to be nearly though enough for the GC contenders to make a difference, seems to be rather to be something for Sagan, Mathews , VALVERDE etc type of finish.

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Re:

matusow said:
I know the little hill on sunday is 1.9KM and 6.5% but does anyone here know the exact gradient for each 100 meter ish thing ? I mean it doesnt seem to be that hard for the likes of Contador and the other GC contenders to go at it unless it gets like 15% on the last 500-600 meters. 1.9KM with 6.5% doesnt seems to be nearly though enough for the GC contenders to make a difference, seems to be rather to be something for Sagan, Mathews , VALVERDE etc type of finish.

These help?
PROFILKMS.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes thank you! It should be something for the likes of Mathews, Valverde maby even sagan depending on how crazy good form he has or not. I dont expect Contador or any others GC contenders to do much here if anything at all.

LaFlorecita said:
lenric said:
Valv.Piti said:
Looks like a very normal leg to me.

It's the leg of Alberto Contador, with a perimeter 0.5% shorter than in the last photo. World news.

Anyway, a new pair of shoes and still not a white ones. If he leaves the adhesive in his nose, I wonder if he really is Alberto Contador and not a fake.
Why would he put adhesive in his nose? :confused:

I don't know, I'm not Alberto Contador.

Alberto-Contador.jpg

lenric said:
LaFlorecita said:
lenric said:
Valv.Piti said:

It's the leg of Alberto Contador, with a perimeter 0.5% shorter than in the last photo. World news.

Anyway, a new pair of shoes and still not a white ones. If he leaves the adhesive in his nose, I wonder if he really is Alberto Contador and not a fake.
Why would he put adhesive in his nose? :confused:

I don't know, I'm not Alberto Contador.

Alberto-Contador.jpg

It's on his nose not it in.

Re:

Miburo said:
Objectively you've to put Contador on the same level as Froome/Quintana. People act like Contador wasn't that good this year but he was amazing.
He only had 2 weak moments. 2? That's it. (3 if you count algarve but he was just **** around, attacking at 30 km for no reason)

Just look at what he has done this season. I think that if you look closely at it, you'll realise it aswell.

He would have easily won PN if that one stage wasn't cancelled. No one will dispute that. But the guy rode everyone on a minute in the last stage of PN on a climb of what? 7km at 7% orso? Ok sky let him ride, but what does he do then on the col d'eze? A climb that's weak as hell btw! He rides them all of his wheel except for Porte who is a beast in one week races. Porte won pretty much ever one week race in 2015. Only he can follow Contador who used a lot of energy beforehand already on a climb that's laughable. Btw Contador destroyed Thomas so hard that day that the poor lad is still feeling it.

Then Catalunya, being second to Martin on a stage that doesn't suit him at all where he followed attacks of Poels and Quintana while Martin was gearing up. Quintana dropped him on the big MTF's. True, i think quintana outsmarted Contador, if contador played that more conservative, who knows? But he got beat there.

Then comes PV, Henao outsprinted him on the mur. Henao who was riding an amazing season and is imo the best murito climber out there atm. But Contador was the one who closed the gap on stage 4 to Henao and he did it fast, really fast. He even had energy for an attack afterwards. Only Henao could follow. On Arrate he drops them all except for Henao. Quintana is nowhere to be found. On the ITT he puts Quintana on 25 sec in the first part in like 5km. And Henao on even more time! That's insane, absolutely insane.

In the dauphine, a race where Contador always sucks (except one time), he wins the prologue putting Froome on 14 sec. Froome took revenge on stage 5 but the way Contador responded on stage 6/7 wasn't just good but really good for his standards in the dauphine. The man kept attacking like a madman, making sure Bardet and Aru know they've to continue his legacy when he retires.

I honestly don't understand. All the signs are there.

Great analysis and I agree.

Would you believe that he is now paying $11 on Betfair?! :surprised:

Where is Serious Sam for his analysis of that? :D

Did anyone post Baden Cookes opinion about Contador yet?

Leader: Alberto Contador

Alberto Contador was someone who really impressed me immensely. In team meetings for example, he would really take charge and go around the room, pointing out to each rider what he was expecting of him, what they did or didn't do right the day before. He really put a lot of pressure on his teammates, but in a good way. He was probably the best leader I've ridden for in the way he conducted himself. He was just a ferocious competitor, never say die and just hard. Despite all his talent, he's just hard.

I think he can just go to the next level, he's extremely impressive.

It certainly makes you go deeper when he's sitting on your wheel and you're drilling it for him. It makes you go that little bit further, that little bit deeper because it's probably going to blow everyone's doors off and put him in a better spot. It's really motivating.

It's been a month ago atleast that Baden Cooke made his Cyclingnews dreamteam, but it was a good read.

Re:

Kwibus said:
Did anyone post Baden Cookes opinion about Contador yet?

Leader: Alberto Contador

Alberto Contador was someone who really impressed me immensely. In team meetings for example, he would really take charge and go around the room, pointing out to each rider what he was expecting of him, what they did or didn't do right the day before. He really put a lot of pressure on his teammates, but in a good way. He was probably the best leader I've ridden for in the way he conducted himself. He was just a ferocious competitor, never say die and just hard. Despite all his talent, he's just hard.

I think he can just go to the next level, he's extremely impressive.

It certainly makes you go deeper when he's sitting on your wheel and you're drilling it for him. It makes you go that little bit further, that little bit deeper because it's probably going to blow everyone's doors off and put him in a better spot. It's really motivating.

It's been a month ago atleast that Baden Cooke made his Cyclingnews dreamteam, but it was a good read.

I always had the impression that he was very driven and a fierce competitor but he does not carry himself that way off the bike as others do. You don't actually hear his rivals say much negative about him unlike some of the previous GT greats. Mick Rogers also spoke highly of him. He does not seem to have trouble getting the team to sacrifice themselves for him and why would they as his record speaks for itself. I agree with Robert Millar, the more chaotic the race is the more Contador has a chance to win. They can't just let Froome dictate the race and then hope to do something in the third week. Froome usually makes time on the first few mountain stages and then tends to conserve his lead. Quintana should also learn from last year. It's obvious that Froome does not like working too hard on the intermediate stages and maybe that's where they have to apply more pressure instead of just waiting for the HC climbs. Should be a great race this year I hope.

gregrowlerson said:
Miburo said:
Objectively you've to put Contador on the same level as Froome/Quintana. People act like Contador wasn't that good this year but he was amazing.
He only had 2 weak moments. 2? That's it. (3 if you count algarve but he was just **** around, attacking at 30 km for no reason)

Just look at what he has done this season. I think that if you look closely at it, you'll realise it aswell.

He would have easily won PN if that one stage wasn't cancelled. No one will dispute that. But the guy rode everyone on a minute in the last stage of PN on a climb of what? 7km at 7% orso? Ok sky let him ride, but what does he do then on the col d'eze? A climb that's weak as hell btw! He rides them all of his wheel except for Porte who is a beast in one week races. Porte won pretty much ever one week race in 2015. Only he can follow Contador who used a lot of energy beforehand already on a climb that's laughable. Btw Contador destroyed Thomas so hard that day that the poor lad is still feeling it.

Then Catalunya, being second to Martin on a stage that doesn't suit him at all where he followed attacks of Poels and Quintana while Martin was gearing up. Quintana dropped him on the big MTF's. True, i think quintana outsmarted Contador, if contador played that more conservative, who knows? But he got beat there.

Then comes PV, Henao outsprinted him on the mur. Henao who was riding an amazing season and is imo the best murito climber out there atm. But Contador was the one who closed the gap on stage 4 to Henao and he did it fast, really fast. He even had energy for an attack afterwards. Only Henao could follow. On Arrate he drops them all except for Henao. Quintana is nowhere to be found. On the ITT he puts Quintana on 25 sec in the first part in like 5km. And Henao on even more time! That's insane, absolutely insane.

In the dauphine, a race where Contador always sucks (except one time), he wins the prologue putting Froome on 14 sec. Froome took revenge on stage 5 but the way Contador responded on stage 6/7 wasn't just good but really good for his standards in the dauphine. The man kept attacking like a madman, making sure Bardet and Aru know they've to continue his legacy when he retires.

I honestly don't understand. All the signs are there.

Great analysis and I agree.

Would you believe that he is now paying $11 on Betfair?! :surprised:

Where is Serious Sam for his analysis of that? :D

His stock has gotten lower and lower. I don't know exactly why.

But as we all know, that means zero, zip, zilch. I think anything from 7 and up is value on regular bettingsites.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Valv.Piti said:
A very skinny leg
Compare :cool:

sptdw1022_670.jpg
Here he's standing on the other leg. At the other picture he's pushing with that leg so muscles got more defined. It's normal, you can try it yourself.

Anyway it's getting ridiculous.

TRENDING THREADS