• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1511 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Publicus said:
Taxus4a said:
Publicus said:
Taxus4a said:
"He's had two flat days to recover and I believe he'll be okay for tomorrow. He' a very tough guy and recovers very well. For sure he’ll be there," Sagan concluded.

Acording to Sagan if he loses time tomorrow is becouse his level and no lot influence of his crash.

He lost time already last year in Huy. He is suposed in a better shape noe, so he will do little bit better,znd without the crash maybe a little bit better, but no much difference.

That's not at all what he said.

He said he is quite well recovered, so..., the words of cyclingnews previous to that statement were:

In theory, Alberto Contador will become the protected team leader at Tinkoff from tomorrow, with Sagan perhaps expected to switch to a support role and focus on the points jersey. Sagan claimed that his teammate has recovered from his two nasty crashes during the weekend.

if he has recovered, he is ok. I understand is not totally recovered like without the crash, he will have problems to be out of the saddle, for that reason I said: not lot influence, and: without the crash maybe a little bit better, but no much difference.

What is what he means then?

Everyone but you seems to understand the plain meaning of his words, so I'm not going to bother explaining further. You're entitled to your severely biased and misguided opinions, but don't put words into Sagan's mouth to do so.

EDIT: Again, Sagan didn't say or imply anything you're attributing to him.

But I ask you what he means, and you didnt answering me.

What does means he will be ok for tomorrow or he had 2 days to recover and he recover very well? does means that if he lose 5 minutes is becouse his crash?

If someone says that 2 plus 2 are more than 3 and less to 5 is saying 2 plus 2 is 4.

I think he will be better than some of the 8-9 main contenders: Quintana, Froome, Pinot, Porte, Van Garderen, Aru, Nibali, Purito, Bardet. (it is still possible that people as Thomas, Landa, Dumoulin, Valverde... fight for a top ten) and I would include there Dan Martin, Talanky, Rolland and Mollema becouse they are team leaders for GC

Taxus4a said:
Publicus said:
Taxus4a said:
Publicus said:
Taxus4a said:
"He's had two flat days to recover and I believe he'll be okay for tomorrow. He' a very tough guy and recovers very well. For sure he’ll be there," Sagan concluded.

Acording to Sagan if he loses time tomorrow is becouse his level and no lot influence of his crash.

He lost time already last year in Huy. He is suposed in a better shape noe, so he will do little bit better,znd without the crash maybe a little bit better, but no much difference.

He said he is quite well recovered, so..., the words of cyclingnews previous to that statement were:

In theory, Alberto Contador will become the protected team leader at Tinkoff from tomorrow, with Sagan perhaps expected to switch to a support role and focus on the points jersey. Sagan claimed that his teammate has recovered from his two nasty crashes during the weekend.

if he has recovered, he is ok. I understand is not totally recovered like without the crash, he will have problems to be out of the saddle, for that reason I said: not lot influence, and: without the crash maybe a little bit better, but no much difference.

Everyone but you seems to understand the plain meaning of his words, so I'm not going to bother explaining further. You're entitled to your severely biased and misguided opinions, but don't put words into Sagan's mouth to do so.

EDIT: Again, Sagan didn't say or imply anything you're attributing to him.

What does means he will be ok for tomorrow or he had 2 days to recover and he recover very well? does means that if he lose 5 minutes is becouse his crash?

If someone says that 2 plus 2 are more than 3 and less to 5 is saying 2 plus 2 is 4.

I think he will be better than some of the 8-9 main contenders: Quintana, Froome, Pinot, Porte, Van Garderen, Aru, Nibali, Purito, Bardet. (it is still possible that people as Thomas, Landa, Dumoulin, Valverde... fight for a top ten) and I would include there Dan Martin, Talanky, Rolland and Mollema becouse they are team leaders for GC

To paraphrase Sagan, he thinks Contador will be okay tomorrow since he generally recovers well. He did not say that he HAS recovered well from the injuries and that if he doesn't do well tomorrow it's because of lack of fitness and not because of the injury.

I'd give you the benefit of the doubt here that it is perhaps a translation issue, but you've been pretty consistent in your negative interpretation of anything having to do with Contador such that it is clear it is intentional.

LaFlorecita said:
peloton said:
He was grimacing a lot on the little climb todat at about 7km to go when he got out of saddle.
And besides, unlikely he lost that time on stage 2 just for fun...
Oleg has apparently said he doesn't think he can compete with the best in the mountains, great pep talk again.
FFS Oleg :mad:

I saw the interview with Oleg. Basically he said it is a real shame Alberto is injured and he is happy for Peter and having the Yellow Jersey but sad for Alberto at the same time. He hopes that maybe Alberto can do something later in the mountains, they can only wait and see. He was definitely downbeat on Alberto's condition right now so I have few expectations for tomorrow.

Re:

Electress said:
Not sure what to make of Brailsf. comments re. Alberto - that they 'won't kick a man when he's down'. If Movi (well, Piti) goes up the road, (I would suspect Porte might try to test a bit and perhaps Nibs getting in early) I hardly think they are going to do nothing.

Assuming Bertie isn't exaggerating at all I am preparing myself for a minute or more. Anything else will be a victory (of sorts) for me.

I'd be very interested in Blairsfrauds 'won't kick a man when he's down' comments. Do you have a link? Playing for some good PR as usual I suspect. Even if he is serious (which I totally doubt) MoviStar, Astana and BMC won't be sitting around trying to burnish their image. At least not if they are bike racers! That of course will give Brailsfraud the perfect excuse to go on the counter offensive.

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Contador in good form and and a few minutes down would mean some craziness on stages 15, 17, 19, and 20. Not to mention his guaranteed stage 18 win.

Publicus said:
Taxus4a said:
Taxus4a said:

EDIT: Again, Sagan didn't say or imply anything you're attributing to him.[/quote]

I think he will be better than some of the 8-9 main contenders: Quintana, Froome, Pinot, Porte, Van Garderen, Aru, Nibali, Purito, Bardet. (it is still possible that people as Thomas, Landa, Dumoulin, Valverde... fight for a top ten) and I would include there Dan Martin, Talanky, Rolland and Mollema becouse they are team leaders for GC[/quote]

To paraphrase Sagan, he thinks Contador will be okay tomorrow since he generally recovers well. He did not say that he HAS recovered well from the injuries and that if he doesn't do well tomorrow it's because of lack of fitness and not because of the injury.

I'd give you the benefit of the doubt here that it is perhaps a translation issue, but you've been pretty consistent in your negative interpretation of anything having to do with Contador such that it is clear it is intentional.[/quote]
------------------------------------------

Contador said in the morning the contrary, that he fells the same.

There is a fact, Contador was ok lat year in Huy and he lost time.

Of course contador i touched phisically, but acording to saga he is recoverinng well (and he doesnt have annything important

Purito crashed just before Pyrinnness in 2013 and he pay it in Ax 3 Domainnes. But he was better tham Froome at the end of le Tour in 2 importat stages and he got the podium. Now Contador has got more time to recover.I dindt know Çquintana crashed that day as well. That is amazing becouse it wa his forst Tour and he was one of the strongesst in Ax 3 Domainnes by attakinng from far.

Nairo Quintana had his knee treated by the race doctor following a crash when the Colombian climber misjudged a turn after 55 kilometres. Spain's Joaquim Rodriguez, who was second in last year's Vuelta, also hit the tarmac and suffered bruising on his left side

I think Contador has the same that Purito then, so of course you pay that next day, but not in a week. The problem is that this year there is mountain before the first rest day, annd maybe till then is difficult to recover totally.

You wanted to know what Sagan said, I paraphrased/summarized it for you. You were misrepresenting what was said to support your opinion. Let's leave it at that (what happened with him in prior instances or other athletes in prior situations is irrelevant)

Re:

Publicus said:
You wanted to know what Sagan said, I paraphrased/summarized it for you. You were misrepresenting what was said to support your opinion. Let's leave it at that (what happened with him in prior instances or other athletes in prior situations is irrelevant)

Sagan said what he said, you cann interpretate as you want... Contador said in the morninng another thing.

I finished the discusion and I give more information to analyse and discuss the current situation.

Becouse I know always with you , mates, how thing goes: if Froome go to La Vuelta just thinking in next Tour you consider he is at his best, so now if Contador tomorrow doesnt lose too much and he lose a lot in Pyrinness it will be just the crash. Well, it is like that, neverending story. I would be that way or not.

Taxus4a said:
Publicus said:

Sagan said what he said, you cann interpretate as you want... Contador said in the morninng another thing.

I finished the discusion and I give more information to analyse and discuss the current situation.

Becouse I know always with you , mates, how thing goes: if Froome go to La Vuelta just thinking in next Tour you consider he is at his best, so now if Contador tomorrow doesnt lose too much and he lose a lot in Pyrinness it will be just the crash. Well, it is like that, neverending story. I would be that way or not.

It won't work this way trust me. He's going to do worse tomorrow then he will in the later mountain stages....I just hope his "worse" isn't very bad. In my mind though, I'm prepared for him to lose a lot.

Re:

thehook said:
If he loses time tomorrow. It is a bad sign. IMHO

Most definitely. It will confirm what is pretty much already obvious. He's hurt and it's affecting his performances. You can't bleed time in the TdF. He would have had a very hard time beating Froome and Quintana in perfect tip top shape. How in the world can we expect him to do it while in a lot of pain. It's nearly impossible.

Re:

In regards to the comments about Sagan's comments....

:confused:

Of course Sagan is going to say that Contador is recovering well (regardless of whether he is). If he said that he is feeling horrible then that would be like giving a pack of lions the taste of blood.

Well I guess they've already had that, so it would be like giving an actual zebra to sink their teeth into. This is pretty black and white.

Anyhoo, Vamos Alberto!!

Taxus4a said:
Publicus said:

I'm not interpreting it. I summarized what he said. YOU'RE ADDING YOUR INTEPRETATION OF IT. Now if you think Sagan knows the inner workings of Contador's form, so be it. As for your additional information, it is simply irrelevant to Contador. I've no idea what you're getting to in the last paragraph. Froome is irrelevant to this discussion, as is whether Contador or Froome ride the Vuelta. I'm capable of judging situations on their own merits and not conflating the two to push my preferred candidate under the guise of being objective (your "schtick")

Taxus4a said:
Publicus said:

Taxus, we know what you're playing at, ever since his crash you've been trying to make us believe it wasn't that bad, that he'd be recovered etc., all so that if/when he loses time, you can say the cause is his form, not the crash.

Same story last year, when before the race you posted that he would be in his best shape, and then when the inevitable time loss happened you pointed out that it was his best shape, because you had said that before the race.

It doesn't work like that, mate. We see right through you.

LaFlorecita said:
Taxus4a said:
Publicus said:

Taxus, we know what you're playing at, ever since his crash you've been trying to make us believe it wasn't that bad, that he'd be recovered etc., all so that if/when he loses time, you can say the cause is his form, not the crash.

Same story last year, when before the race you posted that he would be in his best shape, and then when the inevitable time loss happened you pointed out that it was his best shape, because you had said that before the race.

It doesn't work like that, mate. We see right through you.

Jesus guys, just ignore him already. You are just giving him the attention he is searching

About him bluffing, or Sagan bluffing or Oleg Tinkoff bluffing of Contador's condition, the same way we think about the possibility of him bluffing or not, the same the DS of Sky, Movistar et al won't hesitate to test that bluff I believe.
They don't care what Contador is saying, everybody knows that his words may be true or a lie.
If I were Sky or Astana's DS, I would attack today.

I really hope he has recovered and he can respond at everything thrown at him today.

Well, everyone has seen the skin he lost in the first crash. That doesn't heal in just a few days. If anything he's bluffing to make it not seem so bad, but the time he lost after the secong crash, when he couldn't stand on the pedals during the explosive finish of that stage, and his grimacing face on the run-in to yesterday's finish let's us know that he is still not well.

It will thus be hard for him to match the other top contenders at the end of today. But if he does that would be encouraging for the Pyrenees.

TRENDING THREADS