• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1571 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Jakub said:
Cannibal72 said:
I reckon Dylan Thomas wouldn't have had the discipline to make it on Team Sky, what with the seventeen whiskies a day and all. Marginal gains would have improved his poetry no end.

:D
I'm glad you finally found one forum member who jumped the Dylan Thomas bandwagon. Not that it makes any sense but whatever :)

:D

Yes, it took a while and I think it's over now. Sense, sense, both welsh and I always give nicknames. And sometimes....Sometimes they are also funny, believe me.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
Has he attacked yet?

We'll see more attacking today than in the entire tour combined.

The most exciting start of any tour stage this year was when an injured Contador attacked and set up movistar for something great.

Of course vomistar didn't deliver

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Miburo said:
Red Rick said:
Has he attacked yet?

We'll see more attacking today than in the entire tour combined.

The most exciting start of any tour stage this year was when an injured Contador attacked and set up movistar for something great.

Of course vomistar didn't deliver

Sickening

It's tiresome, but he has a point, allthough I don't think Movistar had the strength to deliver anyways. The balls they certainly didn't have.

His point about Movistar not delivering 'after Contador set them up for something great' is rubbish. Absolutely no chance for Valverde in that break after Sky waited, smartly so, on Rowe and Stannard. The funny thing is, Miburo having watched a great deal of cycling knows that. He knows. Just gotta trash whomever he doesn't like as much as possible. Thats what tiresome, sickening, whatever. I can't believe the mods don't try reduce the toxicity coming from him

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
You use up a lot of sky dom and set up Quintana for an attack. He still felt good in that part of the tour but he decided to gamble on a 3rd week.

And it's true that Contador set them up. Ask yourself these 2 questions.

Which attack did piti follow?

Would piti have done anything without that attack?

And don't make me bring up the pra loup stage of last year again where movistar cancelled out a move of Contador to protect their podium, not even thinking of fighting froome. That is disgusting, sir.

They couldn't even burn 1 domestique as they would have been caught in the bottom of the next climb if not Valverde dropped back. It was 2 Movistars against 8 Skys

What happened at Pra Loup or Arcalis is irrelevant here, we are talking about the move Contador set up which was destined to fail. It was completely uneven teams. Watch the stage again if you think Valverde could have done more.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
39, 1'54 down

Probably according to plan, but lets not forget that the Vuelta has very similar climbs in the finals.

I hoped he would at least give it a go but he clearly wasn't interested. He was to the absolute rear of the pack when they turned to the narrow roads and clearly wasn't trying to get to the front... Burgos will tell more, I think he might actually be interested to do sth there (or not..).

Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
People are forgetting the guy is coming back from an injury, and injury that's going to be niggling for a good while. The only significant thing about today is that he finished without crashing or injuring himself.

I not forgetting that but the folks wanting to start the hype train are. Then they get dissapointed if he can't perform to their expectations :(. The man was Injured and is Recovering, hopefully he manages to be in decent shape by the Vuelta that is my wish.

TRENDING THREADS